Could Cats be choosing twice on Friday?

BW

Jul 21, 2014
South Florida
Anyone interested in Dale Tallon walking up to the podium twice on Friday? If so, at what expense?

A little look at the past few drafts, plus perhaps a longshot possibility of what could happen if the Panthers try to make the most out of the first round.

And if you're there Friday night, stop by and say hi.

Enjoy the draft. It's a lot of fun.

http://wp.me/p38Pvw-ij

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i would love us to get two picks this year. Interesting gamble on the 21st. But Buffalo might be better off just taking a kid this year. I think we would need to add to that trade... Someone like Michael Downing comes to mind.. Don't know if I would add a prospect on that level...

If we were able to draft two kids in round one... we could draft two scorers/snipers/pwf

11th you would see Zacha/Meier/Rantanen/Konecny

21st you would see Konecny/Merkley/Svech/Boeser/Brasso/Sprong/Dergachev

This would be ideal as we hope we can make a move for a scoring winger this year.
This would hopefully get us into the playoffs. Then these kids we drafted this year would have that one year already passed and be ready to step ion within 1-2 years time...

I have said it before. We need to draft our Brandon Saad. The kid that can come in after our first few years of success and allow us to have the flexibility to let some higher contracts go...

BW

Jul 21, 2014
South Florida
Good responses all around. It was just a scenario I saw out there; frankly, I don't think DT does it, but I do believe he keeps pick at No.11 and -- at the least -- leaves BB&T with a future top 6 forward.

I think Kyle Connor's name needs to come up, too, as a possibility. May be the fastest skater in draft and lit it up in the USHL last year but more of a pass-first guy. Dale may be looking for more of a sniper type.

Meier could fit that description.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad