Could a sports franchise that was based out of 2 cities work?

Yoties2317

Mar 22, 2013
Since everyone took it so literally... all I'm suggesting is what strategies will teams make when players are making higher salaries each year but the demand for minor league sports is decreasing annually. I was just spitballing an extreme scenario.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Since everyone took it so literally... all I'm suggesting is what strategies will teams make when players are making higher salaries each year but the demand for minor league sports is decreasing annually. I was just spitballing an extreme scenario.

Players aren't making that much more in salaries.

The problem is insurance. That's a cost going up and up and not coming down anytime soon. Those people who want rock 'em sock 'em hockey are disappointed by the logical rule changes in response to such an increase. This problem is not going to be solved by multi-city teams or traveling roadshow hockey (talk about additional expenses and additional burdens on players, BTW). Not that I know how it IS going to be solved...

Reactions: JMCx4 and 210

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Players aren't making that much more in salaries.

The problem is insurance. That's a cost going up and up and not coming down anytime soon. Those people who want rock 'em sock 'em hockey are disappointed by the logical rule changes in response to such an increase. This problem is not going to be solved by multi-city teams or traveling roadshow hockey (talk about additional expenses and additional burdens on players, BTW). Not that I know how it IS going to be solved...

You nailed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->