Could 205 Live succeed touring on its own with a women's only show?

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I've been pondering this awhile, but do you think 205 Live could succeed touring on its own with a WWE women's focused show playing to smaller markets instead of being shoveled on late after Smackdown ends?

I got this idea from going to several Ring of Honor shows and NXT house shows in the past with similar talent. Basically treat 205 like an indy show and rent smaller more intimate markets like Lowell Massachusetts with arenas in the 6,000-8,000 seat range instead of 20,000 seat plus places like the TD Garden?

To break up the monotony of "little dudes doing flippy dippy stuff"(as fun as that is to watch) I'd also pair it up with a women's only focused promotion IE "WWE Revolution" that would give the women's roster a sorely needed chance to tell stories, get screen time, and showcase up and comers from NXT or the Mae Young tournament.

I'd shoot it on a Wednesday in the general market area that just hosted a Raw or Smackdown and to draw people in and get them through the door I'd use a couple of main roster guys to have a quick opening dark match and offer autograph signings.

So basically a two hour indy like show in smaller arenas giving fans something a little different than what the main shows offer. Do you think it could work?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
If it would get Becky Lynch off of SmackDown, sure

ibajuJWNh1jWmx.0.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So they’re going to all be on the road for an extra day?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I don't believe they could sell 6-8K tickets, and there also aren't many venues that have that specific capacity. A 1.5-3K venue seems more appropriate. Good show, but they just don't have the star power that NXT has to sell many tickets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They tried the 205 Live house shows and it bombed, and that was with putting Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt on the shows they did. 205 Live isn't even close to being strong enough as a brand to do house shows on their own.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
205 Live could only run in big wrestling cities and even then it’d have to be in a small venue to come close to selling out.

I’m not sure how the women on their own will draw. I guess their PPV will be interesting to see in that regard.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
205 live needs to rolled under the NXT umbrella and rebranded NXT 205 live. They could probably start off with doing small tours of small venues and incorporate a few NXT stars and push the NXT name to draw in fans. A lot of NXT guys are sub 205 anyways. You did a 205 live ME by Cole/Richochet or Gargano and it can probably draw decent enough.

I like your idea of adding the women in but I would keep it mainly to NXT women and even indy/unsigned MYC women with the occasional RAW/SDL star.

Then they could also tour with the NXT UK brand to help raise that brands profile for house shows.

NXT needs to beef up a little bit beause Indy's are making a good run at it with ROH selling out MSG and All In selling out as well.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
"you Bucky Beaver ************"

:laugh:

and then there's the imitation.

(yes, definitely not work safe since it rolls right back into the interview)

Last edited:
Reactions: GarbageGoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad