• Sean McDermott

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Any Reid: 185-120-1 regular season record and a 11-13 postseason record. 1 SuperBowl.
Matt Lafleur: 26–6 regular season record and a 1-1 postseason record.
Sean McDermott: 38–26 regular season record and...what dreams may come.

Last edited:

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
It was between McDermott and Lafreur for me. I went with McDermott because he plays in the more competitive AFC and in a far better division.

I also think Stefanski should get some respect for turning the Browns into an 11 win team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Either McDermott or stefanski.

to turn Allen around was huge plus the culture of the browns.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Stefanski for me.

Browns were the laughingstock of the league two years ago, the laughingstock of the league last year for how disappointing they were, and then made the playoffs despite losing OBJ. Stefanski had no real offseason, no pre-season and still turned the team completely around and rejuvenated Baker's career.

McDermott is a good option too though.

Big Red is in the Belicheck category know where it's just expected that KC will do great so when they do he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Stefanski gets it gift wrapped because taking what is usually a shitheap organization to the playoffs is actually worthy of praise.

Voting would go for me;

Stefanski (Because Browns, enough said)
McDermott (he's built a hell of a culture in Buffalo and is a major factor in Josh Allen developing)
Flores

Guys like Reid and LaFleur fall into the "well yeah that's normal" category where they're expected to be good. Yes, even LaFleur given who he has at QB.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Stefanski gets it gift wrapped because taking what is usually a shitheap organization to the playoffs is actually worthy of praise.

Voting would go for me;

Stefanski (Because Browns, enough said)
McDermott (he's built a hell of a culture in Buffalo and is a major factor in Josh Allen developing)
Flores

Guys like Reid and LaFleur fall into the "well yeah that's normal" category where they're expected to be good. Yes, even LaFleur given who he has at QB.

upload_2021-1-4_16-11-36.png

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What makes Stefanski stand out is how, without an off-season, he managed to get the Browns to look like a well-coached team. All of the stupid pre-snap penalties were gone. They stopped blowing timeouts due to confusion or indecision. The dumb after the whistle penalties went away.

Stefanski stands out as a very good coach after taking over a team that had endless off the field drama for the past couple of seasons and getting this team re-focused to play very well. The roster still has huge holes on defense and at kicker, and he was still able to overcome those.

Reactions: BSHH

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Stefanski needs to be a poll option. He turned around an undisciplined team with no real off-season and got them into the playoffs. This is probably the first time in forever the Browns aren't asking if they need a new QB or head coach (and usually both) in an off-season. They overcame multiple big losses at points (Garrett for a couple, who hasn't been the same since Covid, OBJ, Ward for a few games, and a guy who played like an All-pro when on the field in Wyatt Teller). The team really needs to fix the defence pretty much everywhere (although, they have highly regarded secondary talent coming back, but no one knows what Greedy or Delpit will be), need a new edge rusher alongside Myles, likely need a new DT, and a 3 down line-backer. But for once, the two biggest question marks for a franchise in the NFL (head coach and QB) aren't anywhere near the top of the list for the Browns.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Here’s a fun fact that probably means more for why you should hire Brian Daboll then for McDermott’s candidacy. If not for Beane as exec of the year:

Josh Allen is the only first round pick on the Bills offense. They had the #2 offense in the league (scoring and yards)

That’s...incredible.

the thing about McDermott is he should have won one at some point. He made the playoffs Year 1 with Tyrod after they cut every big name they had. But that team was actually bad. Now in the couple years since then he built a juggernaut. How can a team lost in the woods for two decades who drafted a kid who couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat...develop that QB into a legit MVP candidate and build a monster...and never get acknowledged for it? There’s a flaw somewhere.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Originally I wanted to vote for McDermott, but you guys convinced me: It should be Stefanski, who took over a seemingly maligned team and overcame adversity.

But I wonder what is up with Mayfield. I expected a better season from him.

Gruß,
BSHH

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
But I wonder what is up with Mayfield. I expected a better season from him.
To Stefanski's credit, he helped Mayfield improve decision making quite a big. Went from 21 interceptions last season to 8 this season, and it got better as the season went along. Baker had 7 interceptions in the first seven games of the season, but only one over the final 9 games.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Stefanski for me.

Browns were the laughingstock of the league two years ago, the laughingstock of the league last year for how disappointing they were, and then made the playoffs despite losing OBJ. Stefanski had no real offseason, no pre-season and still turned the team completely around and rejuvenated Baker's career.

McDermott is a good option too though.

Big Red is in the Belicheck category know where it's just expected that KC will do great so when they do he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

I absolutely despise how the award is given out. The bolded explains it all.

Reid is penalized for having a generational QB.

But look at what he did with McNabb. And the Chiefs were pretty darn good with Smith too.

If you put Reid on Tampa, and Arians in KC, the Bucs would have a better shot of winning the SB than KC.

The man is an offensive genius. Who was unnecessarily criticized by the Philly media and fans.

He's been just as good of a coach as Belichick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad