Cost of tickets for next year?

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I have my 2013/14 season ticket renewal e-mail sitting in my inbox and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. $1548 for the whole season, two seats, upper level. That comes out to $38 per game, roughly.

With three people in the house playing hockey, it is a given that we will not attend all 41 games. Monday games are pretty much a no-go.

I was considering dropping to a 21-game or 12-16 game pack, but I'm wondering if the price differential will be enough to justify that - if I have to pay $50 per game to go to 21 games, it might make more sense to just buy ST, get the perks of being a STH, and then selling the tickets I can't use. I prefer to NOT go to some of the 'big' games like Detroit, and those usually bring in a good sale price. With the attendance going up steadily this year, I'm hoping it will get easier and easier to sell tickets for at least face value if not more.

I tried to look up the cost of tickets this year on a 21 or 16 game package, but that's no longer available on the Coyotes site. Anyone have an idea of what the per game price is for those?

It seems like such a gamble this year, moreso than last year. I keep telling myself 'no big deal' if they leave as far as my money is concerned - I'll get the refund eventually, and if they don't leave, I'll have my tickets.

Arghhhhh.....I had planned to NOT renew but then the e-mail arrived and it's so hard to click on the 'not renewing' button!!! It would be easier if I knew what kind of price increases are on the way.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I know for my seats in 103, the full season cost to renew comes to $50 a game. For Half Season Packages, the same seats run about $59 a game. In the past I normally selected Half Season Packages. I have figured that if I use Stubhub to sell extras, I can price them at $50 since most of the games I am selling are during the week (some more some less). That means that $50*.85 (the amount I get after fees) over the 22 games I will miss will =$935. $2150 (cost of a full season) minus $935=around $58 a game. So the Half Season Package saves me the hassle of selling games and comes to the same price but usually the seats are a little worse.

However I have had such a bad experience with my season ticket rep that I am not renewing and going back to my old way of buying as I go.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
However I have had such a bad experience with my season ticket rep that I am not renewing and going back to my old way of buying as I go.

You should look into getting that changed. My rep (who will remain nameless) for the two seasons before this one was a nice guy, but I pretty much had to do his job for him in our phone conversations. He was promoted out of harm's way.

I'll go ahead and name this year's rep, Marshall Spalding. He has been awesome - very professional, and no problems. I am only a 12-game customer, and he worked with me on small details of my ticket package.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I had Steve, then Marshall, then Bryan, then Marshall again, and now I have Nancy. I haven't worked with her at all yet.

I ran into Bryan on the ice - I didn't realize he played, but he recognized me at stick time and came up to say hi.

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
I've got the half plan downstairs and definitely miss the parking pass. Since they took away the public parking section in the UPIG lot this season, it's become a PITA some nights parking in the remote lots along 91st Ave.

I think the increased attendance is somewhat manufactured since many STHs took advantage of the cheap ticket add-ons offered prior to opening night; also there were twofer coupons in weekly mailers, so effectively lower bowl seats became $37.50 to the public.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Next year my lower level end seats will be about $53 per seat with the payment plan. I will add that I am Canadian and this is the first time yet that I have not wasted even one seat for the year. I sold them on ticketexchange for my cost and sold about 1/3 of the games and they all sold quickly.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I have my 2013/14 season ticket renewal e-mail sitting in my inbox and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. $1548 for the whole season, two seats, upper level. That comes out to $38 per game, roughly.

With three people in the house playing hockey, it is a given that we will not attend all 41 games. Monday games are pretty much a no-go.

I was considering dropping to a 21-game or 12-16 game pack, but I'm wondering if the price differential will be enough to justify that - if I have to pay $50 per game to go to 21 games, it might make more sense to just buy ST, get the perks of being a STH, and then selling the tickets I can't use. I prefer to NOT go to some of the 'big' games like Detroit, and those usually bring in a good sale price. With the attendance going up steadily this year, I'm hoping it will get easier and easier to sell tickets for at least face value if not more.

I tried to look up the cost of tickets this year on a 21 or 16 game package, but that's no longer available on the Coyotes site. Anyone have an idea of what the per game price is for those?

It seems like such a gamble this year, moreso than last year. I keep telling myself 'no big deal' if they leave as far as my money is concerned - I'll get the refund eventually, and if they don't leave, I'll have my tickets.

Arghhhhh.....I had planned to NOT renew but then the e-mail arrived and it's so hard to click on the 'not renewing' button!!! It would be easier if I knew what kind of price increases are on the way.

Suggestion:
Renew for the whole season and enjoy the games you can go to and sell the ones you can't go to on the exchange - or trade some in for extras to other games & bring some famiily/friends!

I renewed yesterday; did the 15% down & 7 payment plan. They'll process the 15% now but won't do the first of 7 payments until June.

And they are only charging for 3 games in the first round.

Last edited:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Three years ago, I looked into the same thing and was surprised at the markup between half and full. 21 and 16 game packages go on sale later on in the offseason.

The only other question is did you do the one or two year plan two years ago? Reason being is you may have a credit to your account, b/c the two year plan took payments for 19 months, rather than the usual 7. Because of the lockout, payments were frozen, so you may have some level of money still in the account from June (?) to September or October (??).

Imagine being in my shoes where you may have to transfer to Dallas within the next 8 months for job. Or out of a job in Phoenix. Almost makes me want to get a second ticket so that it makes it easier to sell a pair than a single, regardless of my locale...

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I renewed. Within 3 minutes of sending in the renewal, my rep called to ask about playoff tickets, etc. I told her sure, but I didn't know that it would be an issue this year but put me down for them anyway.

I'm feeling a bit generous, as my husband got offered a job for the next school year (he teaches middle school) after taking a year off, so we'll have a bit more disposable income, i.e. income that isn't already being spent on ice time for the three of us.

letbob

Mar 15, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Do the full season if you can. Never had a problem selling any game and most of the time for a small profit.
Still the best deal in the NHL. Look at other team's prices !!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I suspect that prices will be slightly higher and that airfare is going to be a *****...

Sorry, I had to be that guy ;)

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Infractions for all. But they need to change that structure. It should not cost the same to sit in row x in 117 as row c in 103. Make last rows cheaper and people will move down. So many games were upper level was sold out but lowers were empty. Perhaps 35 dollar season tickets for the ends last rows.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
Infractions for all. But they need to change that structure. It should not cost the same to sit in row x in 117 as row c in 103. Make last rows cheaper and people will move down. So many games were upper level was sold out but lowers were empty. Perhaps 35 dollar season tickets for the ends last rows.

That might just get me to move on down.

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
I've been a STH since back at AWA. Moved from upstairs to downstairs this season. I've decided not to renew next season for a couple reasons.

I'm just over the ownership situation.

There is another STH near me that is a complete PITA. Talking to other STH's near me it appears that he has been a PITA for a while and complaints to the team have been ignored so I just stopped going. I havent really lost any money as I can resell for at least what I paid. I realized that over the last couple seasons I have been finding that my enjoyment of the game has been affected by obnoxious fans.

I think I'll probably actually attend more games next season than this season and just buy on the secondary market. I avoid most of the big games anyway since those games seem to attract the most obnoxious fans.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I've been a STH since back at AWA. Moved from upstairs to downstairs this season. I've decided not to renew next season for a couple reasons.

I'm just over the ownership situation.

There is another STH near me that is a complete PITA. Talking to other STH's near me it appears that he has been a PITA for a while and complaints to the team have been ignored so I just stopped going. I havent really lost any money as I can resell for at least what I paid. I realized that over the last couple seasons I have been finding that my enjoyment of the game has been affected by obnoxious fans.

I think I'll probably actually attend more games next season than this season and just buy on the secondary market. I avoid most of the big games anyway since those games seem to attract the most obnoxious fans.

Dang that sucks, what does the guy do that's so obnoxious?

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
Let's be honest, it makes much more sense to purchase on the secondary market. You can get tickets much cheaper that way. You have flexibility both in terms of schedule and section. You can even get valet parking cheaper than the parking that comes with many of the tickets. The primary motivation to purchase season tickets is pride. You can claim you are a season ticket holder. But other than that, I haven't really found many benefits to being a season ticket holder. Even most of the benefits that come with being a season ticket holder can be purchased on the secondary market.

And regarding obnoxious fans, it's in every sport. I purchased club level tickets to the Cardinals to avoid obnoxious fans. It's called defacto segregation. You are essentially paying a premium to avoid the idiots. Unfortunately, at the Coyotes games, it doesn't follow that formula because some of the best seats are occupied by PITA's. I have yet to sit behind the glass and not be surrounded by PITA's. I avoid all glass seats for that reason. Upper Deck seats are full of PITA's too because the seats are so cheap that they unfortunately attract a fair number of them. I realized the only sections that are PITA free are those that PITA's consider to be wimpy or undesirable...usually lower deck behind the goal toward the back rows. PITA's avoid those area because the seats are not crowded enough to command attention when they go into coach mode. If they are going to spend 75 bucks, they'll sit closer toward the glass. I don't like the Club level at Coyotes games. There are too many posers and metrosexuals who aren't there for the game but just to show off or impress a date.

Last edited:

coyotesfan

Jul 12, 2007
Let's be honest, it makes much more sense to purchase on the secondary market. You can get tickets much cheaper that way. You have flexibility both in terms of schedule and section. You can even get valet parking cheaper than the parking that comes with many of the tickets. The primary motivation to purchase season tickets is pride. You can claim you are a season ticket holder. But other than that, I haven't really found many benefits to being a season ticket holder. Even most of the benefits that come with being a season ticket holder can be purchased on the secondary market.

Idk It must depend on where your seats are but I have had my seats for several seasons now (Row A Upstairs behind the net) and at $15 I have never lost money selling my tickets when I cant go. Also some games if I want to sell like a Chicago or Detroit game will pay for several other games. So buying the seasons is by far the cheapest cost at least for me. If I sold the whole season I would make money easy.

I actually just looked because I kept track of the 11-12 season and I sold 15 games and paid for one of my seats. It doesnt get cheaper than that. Plus I had playoff pricing that Im sure was a huge difference vs the secondary market.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Secondary market's not bad. When I can't make it to games I can usually sell my ticket and recoup my own cost for the game if I know in advance that I'm not going. A couple this year I was unable to make on short notice though, and just gave them away. The first home game against Detroit I was able to see my ticket at a profit even.

Considering I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind sitting in the cheap seats and when attending an event often just picks out the cheapest ticket possible, if I weren't a STH, I'd go to a place like StubHub before I even considered buying through the Coyotes' box office. The prices there are often significantly lower than the face value of the single game rate even with transaction fees tacked on.

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Idk It must depend on where your seats are but I have had my seats for several seasons now (Row A Upstairs behind the net).

I must sit very close to you or directly across the ice, our seats are in Sec 208 Row A, I think they're great seats and the section is very good as far as the PITA factor. Not too many STH selling out the high profile games to visiting fans. I have other friends that sit in 214ish (right along on the goal) and his section suks, even the Yotes fans are obnoxious, its even worse when the BH, RW, Sabers, Fliers etc. are in town.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
214 is obnoxious?

That's where I sit. Got a good bunch of fans around me. I'm in the second row from the top near the aisle between 214 and 215 though, maybe the obnoxious fans are further down. I don't really notice them.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I had kids sitting behind me kicking my seat all year...and when Howler didn't stop by, they would cry....I don't remember if they were there when I laid into a Kings fan for standing and blocking our section's view; if they were, they learned some new words.

I am not renewing as stated before because I think the benefit of being flexible and moving around based on the team and were I can get the best deal is more ideal than dealing with their ticket staff for another year....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->