COST: Logan Brown to Ottawa

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
On the Eve of father Jeff Brown being named the new head coach of the Ottawa 67's, you have to speculate that the Ottawa 67's have secured the rights to Logan Brown. Of course, it cannot be announced until late August, but I highly doubt Jeff Brown signs on to coach the 67's without assurances Logan is coming with him.

Speculate away!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Keep in mind that the only caveat to this is there is no bidding war. It is Ottawa or nothing. I am not sure if this is significant enough to get under two 2nds and change but I think it is enough to keep it from escalating to four 2nds.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Keep in mind that the only caveat to this is there is no bidding war. It is Ottawa or nothing. I am not sure if this is significant enough to get under two 2nds and change but I think it is enough to keep it from escalating to four 2nds.

It will be an interesting dynamic in Ottawa when Brown gets hired. I think Logan will end up in Ottawa but Jeff shouldn't put a price on his son and force the GM to pay up. Ottawa doesn't have any drafts with multiple 2nd rounders, they do have multiple 3rd rounders in 15 and 16. Will be interesting to see if Ottawa sells the farm for Logan.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Hopefully Higgins plays hardball Marty usually does. I think two seconds for an unproven player is plenty considering NF will get a compensatory pick. Ottawa has the big end of the bat on this one use it. If Williamson wants to play hardball he can have a first pick only. Further I know similar deals in years past..lessio, bateman,domi..etc have commended three seconds but I think its an inflated market. The only one who was worth three seconds was possibly Domi.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hopefully Higgins plays hardball Marty usually does. I think two seconds for an unproven player is plenty considering NF will get a compensatory pick. Ottawa has the big end of the bat on this one use it. If Williamson wants to play hardball he can have a first pick only. Further I know similar deals in years past..lessio, bateman,domi..etc have commended three seconds but I think its an inflated market. The only one who was worth three seconds was possibly Domi.

Williamson will get three seconds out of it, or Ottawa is going to fork over extra thirds. He is a tough negotiator. I think he would rather just let the player go to the USNDP and Niagara takes the comp. pick then see him play for another team on a cheap deal.

Johnsb

May 20, 2010
Willomson will not let Brown go cheap. He will take the first round pick next year and let Brown play in another league.

2015 season he will be asking the same from Ottawa as this year or he will let him play again in another league again.

Can't see Jeff Brown allowing that to happen.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Willomson will not let Brown go cheap. He will take the first round pick next year and let Brown play in another league.

2015 season he will be asking the same from Ottawa as this year or he will let him play again in another league again.

Can't see Jeff Brown allowing that to happen.

The deal is already done, otherwise Brown would not have signed in Ottawa. So, this is not about whether Williamson would let sit in another league to try to get more.

Besides, he can only get the comp pick in the 1st round if he releases his rights before the next draft (not sure what that deadline is). If he were to retain his rights through the next draft, he would not get a Compensation 1st.

The going rate is three 2nds and a 3rd. I think that is going to be the cost.

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
Ottawa has the big end of the bat on this one use it. If Williamson wants to play hardball he can have a first pick only. Further I know similar deals in years past..lessio, bateman,domi..etc have commended three seconds but I think its an inflated market. The only one who was worth three seconds was possibly Domi.

This is a perspective thing I guess. From a Niagara perspective if Jeff wants his kid to play in the OHL he's going to have to pay for it. Marty will let the pick go play somewhere else if he doesn't get the deal he wants. He kept Strome and Ritchie because he wasn't getting enough. He also got a boatload for Lessio and that was an Oshawa or nothing situation.
In the end with Ottawa's lack of 2nds (one in each year), I could see this becoming two trades instead of one. Dogs get a couple seconds and a couple thirds then in another deal teams move a couple players.
Ottawa can't afford to be stripped of all their picks just for one player and Niagara isn't going to just hand over a first round pick to be nice.

brahmabull

May 30, 2011
Niagra is going to get the first round pick regardless if they declare him defective just like Kingston did for Domi, so Williamson would be foolish to let him go play in another league and loose him in next years draft. That being said the going rate will likely be 3 seconds just like Domi.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
If you believe what Jeff Brown said today at his presser and that's a big if.... it sounds like Logan is coming to the OHL but not to Ottawa. Jeff Brown said that Logan will be playing in Niagara this year.

Johnsb

May 20, 2010
I haven't read anything that would suggest Brown is playing next year in Niagara?

Jeff brown is saying he will play in the OHL next year but doesn't say its for Niagara.

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad