Value of: Cost for Sam Bennett?

Bond

May 10, 2012
Why would Calgary want Galchenyuk? I mean, as a Pens fan, sign me up for that trade. But why would Calgary do it?

Mostly just stat watching on my part, seems like a decent gamble on an UFA from Calgary's end. Is Galchenyuk that bad?

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Why would Flames move him? He's our most reliable playoff guy, even if he never shows much in the regular season.

Unless we are getting a great return, what's the point?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I like Bennett, but I'm losing hope he's going to figure it out offensively. At this point he's just a speedy, physical 3rd liner who steps it up in the post-season.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This dude isn't worth anything more than a 3rd. Anything more and you're paying for where he was taken in the draft.
He's a young, physical 3rd liner. He's worth more than a 3rd, but not a 1st. I wouldn't move him for less than a 2nd and 3rd round pick in terms of value.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Bennett isn't worth Jones and puljujarvi.
If a trade happened, it would be for puljujarvi straight across.

There's no way that Pulju nets Bennett straight up but no way in hell am I adding Jones to get just Bennett. That would be a Chia type panic move to add "truculence".

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Would Calgary do Evan Rodrigues? 26 year old RFA who can play either wing or C. He makes 2M so similar contract comes back. Last year was 9G and 20A but somehow got lost in the Shuffle in Buffalo.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Annual Sam Bennett sucks so you should trade him to us thread...except this time it's true waaaaaa

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Mostly just stat watching on my part, seems like a decent gamble on an UFA from Calgary's end. Is Galchenyuk that bad?

Galchenyuk's been unable to produce in the one area he was supposed to be good at (goal scoring). He doesn't really help your team in other areas to offset him not scoring goals.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
There's no way that Pulju nets Bennett straight up but no way in hell am I adding Jones to get just Bennett. That would be a Chia type panic move to add "truculence".

Seems a pretty reasonable basis. Player who although youngish seems like his upside is a 3rd liner for disappointing player who appears to have more upside and his downside is probably 3rd liner because of his size and not being terrible defensively.

Adding Jones would definitely be silly.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He's a young, physical 3rd liner. He's worth more than a 3rd, but not a 1st. I wouldn't move him for less than a 2nd and 3rd round pick in terms of value.

If the Flames move Bennett for that, then they're in a position, at the deadline, where they're trying to acquire a Bennett for more picks.

Bennett has become one of those players that doesn't have much trade value but still contributes enough that he shouldn't be moved. If he's a sweetener as part of a deal to acquire a big fish, I' be alright moving him. Not into moving him just for the sake of it though.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Galchenyuk's been unable to produce in the one area he was supposed to be good at (goal scoring). He doesn't really help your team in other areas to offset him not scoring goals.

source.gif

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Bennett seems like the perfect depth player as long as you can keep his salary around $2.5million per season.

I mean, I don't really see why Calgary would ever trade him unless he was asking for over $3million a year.

Unless we had something significant to offer them in return, I doubt Bennett would be on the table. (And I wouldn't trade JP in the conference).

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Bennett seems like the perfect depth player as long as you can keep his salary around $2.5million per season.

I mean, I don't really see why Calgary would ever trade him unless he was asking for over $3million a year.

Unless we had something significant to offer them in return, I doubt Bennett would be on the table. (And I wouldn't trade JP in the conference).

I bet the year he scores 20 will be a contract year.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I bet the year he scores 20 will be a contract year.
Yeah.. I wish we learned our lesson way before Chiasson.

Oilers seem to have this problem of paying for players for high-output outlier seasons, and trading away players that dip for a season due to injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad