Value of: Cost for Sam Bennett?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Realistically, what do you want from Edmonton to give us Bennett?

I am thinking JP and Jones.

The Flames have a bunch of young dmen, they dont need Jones. Puljujarvi is in Finland and god knows what he will be when he comes back. This makes the Flames worse as a team.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Not saying that Bennett has much value but I can't see the Flames trading him to the Oilers just in case he breaks out. I guess that is the risk on JP as well. Is he doing anything worthwhile overseas?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
8366880b-edfa-41ee-9087-ed0a69e25e8e_text.gif

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I'd sign the papers if that were the case.

But, with the most recent trade that occurred between these two teams, you might be waiting a decade until we trade with each other again.
Would you be fine with this trade:

PHI: Mikhail Vorobyev + Adam Ginning

CGY: Sam Bennett

Misha can immediately jump into your lineup. Good playmaker too, but won’t score a lot. Ginning is a big Dman that has a ‘physical’ edge. He’s similar to Robert Hagg, just better at skating and a little bigger.

Can throw in Tyler Pitlick too.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Cant see us trading Bennett. Fairly cheap, bottom six guy that can move around the lineup and sticks up for teammates and plays mean. We need more of these kind of players, not less

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'd sign the papers if that were the case.

But, with the most recent trade that occurred between these two teams, you might be waiting a decade until we trade with each other again.

Honestly.. I'd probably do JP + Jones for Bennett. The optics for Edmonton would be horrible in JP breaks out on a deep Calgary squad. Jones is a guy we've developed and I would like the organization to try and hold on to those types of players. Still we need improvement in our bottom 6.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Not saying that Bennett has much value but I can't see the Flames trading him to the Oilers just in case he breaks out. I guess that is the risk on JP as well. Is he doing anything worthwhile overseas?

He’s 3rd in league and goal scoring in the Liiga.

Bond

May 10, 2012
He’s 3rd in league and goal scoring in the Liiga.
Me being dumb but if you put Bennett in that league would he be expected to get in the top 5. I don't know how that translates at all

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Is he strictly a winger or can he play C? I could see the Canes interested, since they were in the market for a top 9 guy already and now Haula is out long term. Sounded like CAR was interested in him as part of the Hamilton/Hanifin trade last summer as well.

Canes have futures galore to offer or TVR or Fleury, but I doubt CGY would be interested in those guys.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Toronto Maple Leafs
Sam Bennett
Travis Hamonic
Cam Talbot

Calgary Flames
Kasperi Kapanen
Cody Ceci
Michael Hutchison

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Bennett seems like a guy who could do with a change of scenery. Wouldn't mind him on the Pens, but I have no clue what Calgary would want back, or whether the Pens can afford to give that price up.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Toronto Maple Leafs
Sam Bennett
Travis Hamonic
Cam Talbot

Calgary Flames
Kasperi Kapanen
Cody Ceci
Michael Hutchison

Too much salary coming to Calgary.

Make that Kapanen, Barrie, and Spezza and we'll throw in a conditional 3rd round pick should Barrie resign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad