Rumor: Cost for ROR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If they get him, he's part of the new core. He's locked up for 5 more years, so he's going to be your 2C for the forseeable future.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If they get him, he's part of the new core. He's locked up for 5 more years, so he's going to be your 2C for the forseeable future.

O'Reilly would be good for another contract (3 or 4 years) after this one, maybe in less of a pivotal capacity, though.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Exactly. You then have 4 2nd rounders to play with. Move up for another center mid teens like Veleno or Hayton if possible, or draft some centers in the 2nd.

Groulx might be a good gamble in the early second round, if he slips there.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Groulx might be a good gamble in the early second round, if he slips there.

I'd also gamble on Kravstov if we can move up to get him or if he slips. HUGE potential in a boom or bust way and I saw somewhere that he is listed C/W.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I don't see how we have the assets to acquire him. why would buffalo or any other bottom third team, trade for max, who will be ufa and seems to want a Florida type destination (so..ok..maybe Florida wants him).

We have some 2nds, but really nothing much of value. Thats what 10 years of bad drafting and trades gives you

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Hayton going at 5, speaks the value of top 2 centers
The draft that wasn’t expected to be heavy in centers drafted round 1 saw quite a few go. It’s the most important position in hockey. It’s why teams that win the cup always have a top guy

Anyhow, excited to see what Bergevin does today with those 4 2nd rounders.

Can a package of pacioretty and one of those picks bring in a center who is closer to playing next season? ROR?

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Andrew Zadarnowski from Habs Eyes in the Prize said that if the Habs trade Pacioretty it signals a rebuild. I think it’s the opposite. If we don’t trade him, we have no other asset to acquire immediate help at center. And then we repeat this season with a high draft pick.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not out of the woods just yet on him. July 1 when his bonus is paid is when I'd expect him to get dealt if he does

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Sabres fan coming in peace. Tried to explain to a couple of your fans the last several days on the cost of a top 20 NHL center. Now they see, it was always #3 or nothing.
If ROR gets moved after the bonus is paid on the 1st, it'll be for a top flight winger, most likely LW'er in their 22 to 25 age range. I doubt it happens because Botterill isn't shopping him, he's merely listening to offers and honestly, he has 0 reason to move him. The incentive to do so has to meet Botterill's requirements.

Maybe a team comes up with that offer this off season, we'll see, but once again, it has to be a top flight player. As I read through this thread, many of you realize that it appears.
Anyways, good pick for you guys last night, good luck on the rebuild, as a Sabres fan, I understand the pain.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Without getting another pick and using thr 3rd i think this trade is dead. Dont see the habs having the pieces to get ROR.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
There was no trade for the 3rd overall. ROR is not worth a 3rd overall.

If we offered the 3rd i bet ROR is a hab. Good thing the team didnt move it.

Thats my point now that habs dont have a first round pick anymore they arent gettitng ROR. There isnt anything i see on this team BUF would take except for our 1st next year but i dont see MB trading that. At least i hope he wont....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad