Rumor: Cost for ROR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think MB will have to be creative.

Max to someone with 10-20 pick, and then move that pick to BUF for ROR.

I don't see BUF dying for Max, but I bet they would be happy to add another pick in this years draft around the 15 range.

I would love to land Beauviller and the 12th from NYI and flip the 12th for ROR.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't see BUF dying for Max, but I bet they would be happy to add another pick in this years draft around the 15 range.

I would love to land Beauviller and the 12th from NYI and flip the 12th for ROR.

I would not be against this.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The guy is only 30 LOL. And even in his worst season he still had one less goal than AG in 18 less games. Lets see if AG can score 39 and 37 in his next 5 years.

Anyways not a comparison, but Max is a bonafide 30G scorer who if not injured probably puts up 25 last year in an absolutely terrible season for him.

I just think people are putting too much stock in Max's crap season last year.

Pacioretty won't be scoring 39 and 37, so why does Galchenyuk need to?

Prime for offensive forwards is mid 20s, not mid 30s.

Reactions: groovejuice

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

You are asking a lot from the 1-for-1 strategist.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
As somebody here said if he's creative enough to trade Pac and get a first round and then trade it for ROR I wouldn't be happy, but that wouldn't be disastrous as basically it would be Pac against ROR. If he does trade the 3rd though, wow. That would be one for the history books!

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
The dangers of keeping around the idiot that created the mess to try to fix, we're just about to feel the full brunt of the effects thereof. Brace yourself folks, this one's gonna sting. :help:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

I like this thinking even if you probly have to add a few 2nds or a young player to Max

Reactions: scrubadam

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Pacioretty won't be scoring 39 and 37, so why does Galchenyuk need to?

Prime for offensive forwards is mid 20s, not mid 30s.

Your acting like Max is 40 years old. He is the same age as PK Subban! Kessel just had 34 and 92 points. Ovie just scored 49. Malkin just had 42. Radulov had 27 G and 72 points. Max isn't going to get 50G, but he can certainly continue to put up 35 or more a season for another couple of years. And if he winds up on a team with a good C and a where he isn't the star he has an even better shot.

And no I don't think Max is on Malkin/Ovie level, but he has been a top 5 scorer in the NHL outside of this year so as far as scoring goals he is in a tier just below those guys.

Reactions: blarneylad and 417

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
FB_IMG_1529626746783.jpg

ROR to MTL confirmed . Look at that style.

Reactions: le_sean

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
As somebody here said if he's creative enough to trade Pac and get a first round and then trade it for ROR I wouldn't be happy, but that wouldn't be disastrous as basically it would be Pac against ROR. If he does trade the 3rd though, wow. That would be one for the history books!

Pacioretty and #66 for Beauvillier + #12

#12 + Lehkonen for O'Reilly

Montreal picks Zadina with #3

Drouin - O'Reilly - Gallagher
Domi - Beauvillier - Zadina
Hudon - Danault - Scherbak
Byron/Deslauriers - Evans/DLR - Shaw

In two years:

Drouin - O'Reilly - Zadina
Domi - Poehling - Gallagher
Hudon - Beauvillier - Scherbak
??? - Evans - ???

I actually like this C-line that basically has potentially three 2nd line Cs, maybe four, if Evans reaches maximum upside.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Pacioretty and #66 for Beauvillier + #12

#12 + Lehkonen for O'Reilly

Montreal picks Zadina with #3

Drouin - O'Reilly - Gallagher
Domi - Beauvillier - Zadina
Hudon - Danault - Scherbak
Byron/Deslauriers - Evans/DLR - Shaw

In two years:

Drouin - O'Reilly - Zadina
Domi - Poehling - Gallagher
Hudon - Beauvillier - Scherbak
??? - Evans - ???

I actually like this C-line that basically has potentially three 2nd line Cs, maybe four, if Evans reaches maximum upside.

Except Beauvillier is a winger, and you'd have 2 rookies as your bottom 2 centers? Ya, pass.

We dont need Beauvillier. We need centers and a top LHD.

WG

Sep 9, 2008

Why not keep the 12th pick and select Hayton or one of the D that would be there?

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
we dont get ROR without trading the 3OA.....MB will probably eventually cave in and do it though

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Please be wrong.

i hope i am wrong, but i have a feeling MB is looking for help NEXT SEASON....which is why i can see him trading the pick...

nobody drafted outside of #1 and #2 are going to help next season...nobody outside of #1 and #2 should even be playing in the NHL next season

Reactions: Gally11

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
we dont get ROR without trading the 3OA.....MB will probably eventually cave in and do it though
According to Bob McKenzie, Ryan O’Reilly would be a huge add for the Montreal Canadiens but it’s not going to come at a cheap price and one of the things that the Buffalo Sabres are really interested in and really covet is Montreal’s third overall pick. Montreal has been adamant about not doing that and trying to find another way to make this deal work.

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-the-complexity-of-a-potential-karlsson-trade-1.1119738
If the Sabres do look to move centre Ryan O’Reilly, what might they look for in return?

McKenzie: Yeah the Montreal Canadiens have had some interest in Ryan O’Reilly all along, there’s no doubt they need to improve their centre position. O’Reilly would be a huge add for them but it’s not going to come at a cheap price and one of the things that the Buffalo Sabres are really interested in and really covet is Montreal’s third overall pick. Montreal I think has been adamant about not doing that and trying to find another way to make this deal work. Buffalo has not committed to trading Ryan O’Reilly, but they want to try and get younger players than O’Reilly to support Rasmus Dahlin and Jack Eichel and get a more age-appropriate core than to have a veteran centre. But, by the same token, when you’ve got Eichel coming back and you’ve got Casey Mittelstadt in the middle, they’d like to have some sort of buffer between the first-line centre and the third-line centre and not throw Mittelstadt to the wolves by making him play second-line minutes and therefore that’s the reason why they’re not just rushing O’Reilly out the door unless they get the right pieces coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad