Rumor: Cost for ROR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I don't think Marc or any GM will trade for ROR until they have talked to JT
I can see acquiring ROR as incentive for JT to want to play in Montreal. All of a sudden they have the middle strength not only to go up against most teams in the East but actually dominate most.

Still need a LHD.

Only teams with better center depth would be Pittsburgh and maybe Washington. Add somebody if I missed them

Reactions: Redux91

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I can see acquiring ROR as incentive for JT to want to play in Montreal. All of a sudden they have the middle strength not only to go up against most teams in the East but actually dominate most.

Still need a LHD.

Only teams with better center depth would be Pittsburgh and maybe Washington. Add somebody if I missed them
Ya that's definitely the dream scenario. Trade for ROR and sign Tavares.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Still need a LHD.

Neither ROR or Tavares will be in Montreal
Be more realistic. Bozak and maybe Stastny.
The bidding war For ROR will be to high
We don’t have the assets. Bergevin will tell us this much on July 1. He tried. Too expensive

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Tough call on ROR. I think trading Patches for him is a decent idea assuming we don’t have to mortgage the future. He’d be a great mentor for our C prospect pool (including Poehling) and instantly slots into top 2 C.

ROR also doesn’t make us better on his own but doesn’t make us worse. He potentially allows Drouin to slot on his wing to fill some of the goals left behind by Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. We probably won’t score many goals next year but we can hopefully start a partial transition towards a rebuild while still having a nucleus that can potentially compete within 3 years. If not, we trade him, Price and other pieces later on to full rebuild.

Lastly, as I’m not a fan of Patches being the Captain, so it also serves as a secondary purpose of stripping him of the captaincy without having to ask him to do so. It’s not that he’s a bad captain but just that Weber would serve a much better leadership role for our team.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I can't wait for ROR to be traded and everyone against the trade can then complain about how MB can't get C's and playstation and trades are hard.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I can't wait for ROR to be traded and everyone against the trade can then complain about how MB can't get C's and playstation and trades are hard.

Who cares if he get a C or not in his 7th year at the helm the team. Pass that point we are.
It's all about damage control now, as long he doesn't do something stupid to save his skin, we're fine.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I mean he didn't trade any of his firsts... The seconds he traded are still on the club... Apart from the Vanek trade.

So what's your point?
We haven’t done a good job of developing them in 5 years.

If the best is Lekhonen and Mete, it’s not good.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Trading the 3rd overall pick for ROR would be such a Bergevin thing to do. I didn’t think he could be THAT stupid even though I can’t stand the man, but my god that would just be the topping on the cake if he made a move like that.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Seriously. The guy had 1 less goal than AG in 18 less games, and scored 35 2 seasons ago. Yet he has to be driven to the air port and is crap, while AG should never have been traded and will blow up. I won't take anything away from AG who could get better, but Max already scored 39/37/35/30Gx2 in his career. There is a better chance Max scores 30 again than AG does who has 1 30G season (next to max) and 1 20 G season and thats it.
I hope you realize at Chucky's age Captain Ready had only one 30 goal season and no 20 goal season. Let's compare apples with apples and not apples with squash.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I hope you realize at Chucky's age Captain Ready had only one 30 goal season and no 20 goal season. Let's compare apples with apples and not apples with squash.

If we look at NHL seasons played it put Max ahead.

Sure I get it you can't compare directly but I think the point still stands. We have one guy who scores 30 in his sleep playing with Pleks and DD, who has done it 5 out of the last 6 seasons. And then we have the other guy who has done it once in 6 NHL seasons. Max had 17 G last year while AG had 18 in 18 more games.

Lets see if AG can rip off 4 30G seasons in a row to catch up to Max, let alone 39 and 37.

But the point is one guy is apparently low value and needs to be booted off the team while the other is being painted as a superstar. I don't want to take away from AG good player but he has accomplished less than Max. Max is being way undervalued.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
It would be the dumbest thing he's done to date, which is saying a lot.
I find if you look at what he has done on a one for one basis he hasn't done anything catastrophically wrong. But it is the sum of all things he has done.

Like are they rebuilding? Or are they trading Subban for an older Weber shortening the competitive window? Or are they still in transition year 6?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If we look at NHL seasons played it put Max ahead.

Sure I get it you can't compare directly but I think the point still stands. We have one guy who scores 30 in his sleep playing with Pleks and DD, who has done it 5 out of the last 6 seasons. And then we have the other guy who has done it once in 6 NHL seasons. Max had 17 G last year while AG had 18 in 18 more games.

Lets see if AG can rip off 4 30G seasons in a row to catch up to Max, let alone 39 and 37.

But the point is one guy is apparently low value and needs to be booted off the team while the other is being painted as a superstar. I don't want to take away from AG good player but he has accomplished less than Max. Max is being way undervalued.

AG has accomplished less because he's five years younger.

GM are going to pay for future and not for past production. Pacioretty had a great prime but now that's over.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McGuire confirmed the Habs are in on ROR. Also said he doesn't see the Sabres interested in Pacioretty which isn't surprising.

Also said the Canes and Flyers are also in. I think he had another team or 2 in it as well.

Reactions: Runner77

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
From what i heard it seems like a close estimate to the asking price is Pacioretty + all our 2nds (4 of them) for ROR.. that's pricey.

Some scouts have said that about 50 players in this years draft could be 1st rounders.

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
AG has accomplished less because he's five years younger.

GM are going to pay for future and not for past production. Pacioretty had a great prime but now that's over.

The guy is only 30 LOL. And even in his worst season he still had one less goal than AG in 18 less games. Lets see if AG can score 39 and 37 in his next 5 years.

Anyways not a comparison, but Max is a bonafide 30G scorer who if not injured probably puts up 25 last year in an absolutely terrible season for him.

I just think people are putting too much stock in Max's crap season last year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McGuire confirmed the Habs are in on ROR. Also said he doesn't see the Sabres interested in Pacioretty which isn't surprising.

Also said the Canes and Flyers are also in. I think he had another team or 2 in it as well.

So who do we believe? McGuire, who said Sabres aren't interested in Max (despite their absolute glaring hole at LW) or do you believe Jeff Marek, who said Max is at the top of Sabres' shopping list?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So who do we believe? McGuire, who said Sabres aren't interested in Max (despite their absolute glaring hole at LW) or do you believe Jeff Marek, who said Max is at the top of Sabres' shopping list?

I'm going with McGuire because I posted the same as what he said earlier today wondering why the Sabres would be interested in Pacioretty and his 1 year left on his deal.

I should have added not in a deal for ROR but maybe interested if they can get Pacioretty for other assets.

Last edited:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The value between Pacioretty and ROR shouldn't be that far off. Sure we have to add, but nothing too significant. I could see one of Juulsen/Brook/Fleury going the other way, maybe Lindgren.

Reactions: Spooky Actions
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad