Value of: Cory Schneider

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Condon waived and could have been claimed with no compensation a few days back?

Don't see how he's of interest to anyone trade wise.

This stuff happens all the time. Players clear waivers and are traded for after because of contract spots. If they had claimed Condon he'd take up an extra spot they may not have been comfortable with.

The Avs traded for Andrighetto after he had cleared waivers for this very reason.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He wasnt very good last year. Yes I know he was battling an injury, but if the roles were reversed...would you trade one your best prospects from a goalie that's not guaranteed to bounce back?

I'm not the one who proposed this trade and I don't want the Devils to trade Schneider right now, so you're asking the wrong guy

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Jake Allen + Carl Gunnarsson + 2019 conditional pick (based off how well the Blues do this year)

For

Cory Schneider + Michael Kapla (mainly to alleviate a defensive logjam in NJ)

Devils take Gunnarsson so it works now cap-wise and get the benefit of a cheaper, younger goalie with one year less of term. Allen could tandem with Kinkaid and potentially win the starter job. Gunnarsson can be our backup LD just in case something happens to our defensive guys on that side (Greene and Mueller).

St Louis gets cap relief and bets on Schneider being better than Allen.

Risks on both sides but it’s an interesting framework for a deal. Devils likely aren’t too happy with the value for Schneider, but there likely isn’t much out there.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Jake Allen + Carl Gunnarsson + 2019 conditional pick (based off how well the Blues do this year)

For

Devils take Gunnarsson so it works now cap-wise and get the benefit of a cheaper, younger goalie with one year less of term. Allen could tandem with Kinkaid and potentially win the starter job. Gunnarsson can be our backup LD just in case something happens to our defensive guys on that side (Greene and Mueller).

Risks on both sides but it’s an interesting framework for a deal. Devils likely aren’t too happy with the value for Schneider, but there likely isn’t much out there.

I’d do this trade from a St. Louis point of view

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

For

Kudos, that deal has merit as both teams are taking a risk. Kapla could be buried down at San Antonio never to be seen from again. I guess it depends on the pick.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

For

You sure you dont want Boumeester instead? He can do your taxes...which is right around the corner :naughty:. Gunnarsson is just a boring swede....dont even know he's playing half the time. Bouwmeester will bring you out of your seat from time to time :thumbu:

Reactions: 67Blues

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Feel like Vancouver wasted his prime, but he's also a big-time choker when it comes to the playoffs or anything related to it.

Think he should get traded to a team desperate for a goaltender. I thought Calgary wouldn't of been bad, I'd think St. Louis should give him a chance. I remember in his contract he wanted at least to start 60 games as he was tired of playing as a backup.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
This stuff happens all the time. Players clear waivers and are traded for after because of contract spots. If they had claimed Condon he'd take up an extra spot they may not have been comfortable with.

The Avs traded for Andrighetto after he had cleared waivers for this very reason.

Don't make me report you yo the Mods!! LOL

You are correct of course, I just don't see Condon as having much value.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Feel like Vancouver wasted his prime, but he's also a big-time choker when it comes to the playoffs or anything related to it.

Think he should get traded to a team desperate for a goaltender. I thought Calgary wouldn't of been bad, I'd think St. Louis should give him a chance. I remember in his contract he wanted at least to start 60 games as he was tired of playing as a backup.
I'd take choking in the playoffs again for as right now, I don't think Allen even GETS us to the playoffs.

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

For

I would do this! I mean, Kapla is yet another LD, but we could bury him, or flip him. The most controversial issue is the pick. Could it be deferred to 2020, as we don't have a 1st this year?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

he was awesome in the playoffs against TB. Easily the Devils' best player in the games he started.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I don't think a couple months of nice play from Kinkaid negates Cory.

Yet.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I don't think a couple months of nice play from Kinkaid negates Cory.

Yet.
While I am not advocating that the Devils trade Schneider, Kinkaid has put together more than a couple of months of 'nice play'. His second half of last season was very good .918 save percentage since January 2018. Which is very respectable given the Devils defensive corps.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Kyrou or Kostin?

Personally I don't mind the trade if you swap out Thomas with Kostin, however, I don't think the Blues can fit this under the cap. I've seen some New Jersey fans asking about Gunnarsson, we could add him to the trade to free up some cap space?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad