Proposal: Cory Schneider to WPG

Jetson

Jun 20, 2016
He started his pro career with the Manitoba Moose in the AHL as they were the farm team for the Canucks. But same ownership group as the Jets. Played 3 seasons in WPG.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
nope.

you aren't going to like what the price would be to get the Devils to think about trading Schneider.

not worth going through this.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Starting point would be Hellybuck(sp?), Connor, and then a pick.

Winnipeg is a playoff team the moment that happens. I'd do it.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Yikes, no thanks.

Not paying a top prospect for Schneider, nor for pretty much any goalie, frankly.

Plus, why sell Connor at all, and especially prior to seeing exactly what we have here? Selling top prospects prior to discovering their true asset values reeks of poor management - and especially for a draft and develop franchise. The goal isn't to simply just make the playoffs, it is to build a perennial contender.

Wide pass from Winnipeg.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Very good goalie, not interested in the slightest in acquiring him though.

Doubt Jets management is even considering looking to trade for a goalie as well.

Neither team would be remotely interested in this IMO.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Dude... he was with the Moose/Canucks. He played in Winnipeg because the Canucks had him there.

I like the guy, but he's too old for the Jets, we have two young goalies and he was never really a Jet. Forever a Moose though.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Surprised Jets fans aren't more interested.

Goaltending was their weak spot last year.

Timing is an important part of why we aren't interested. We have our (hopefully) young goalie in Hellebuyck. We have a young roster, why should we toss out a blue chip in Connor just for a 30 year old albeit elite goalie. The only reason we should do that is if we think he's the missing piece and our window is now. Which I don't think it is. It just doesn't make a ton of sense.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Yikes, no thanks.

Not paying a top prospect for Schneider, nor for pretty much any goalie, frankly.

Plus, why sell Connor at all, and especially prior to seeing exactly what we have here? Selling top prospects prior to discovering their true asset values reeks of poor management - and especially for a draft and develop franchise. The goal isn't to simply just make the playoffs, it is to build a perennial contender.

Wide pass from Winnipeg.

Exactly. Why trade a prospect for an elite player, when that prospect could become an elite player?

imapylon

Mar 6, 2016
#1 goalies capable of carrying a heavy work load are worth more then the offer. Devils say no

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Exactly. Why trade a prospect for an elite player, when that prospect could become an elite player?

More like, why trade a top prospect for an old goalie, when goalies can be had relatively cheaply via free agency each year (or in trade for that matter), and especially for an old goalie that doesn't fit in age-wise with the balance of the young roster the Jets are building?

Hellebuyck Hutchinson Comrie is fine for Winnipeg as the roster sits currently. Plus, they get to keep Kyle Connor versus having him blossom elsewhere.

Still a pass from the Jets.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Devils gave up (draft pick position for) Bo Horvat to get him,
and he is the main reason behind any success they have had the last couple years

i don't see them moving him this year,
Ray Shero is aiming for playoff contention

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
More like, why trade a top prospect for an old goalie, when goalies can be had relatively cheaply via free agency each year (or in trade for that matter), and especially for an old goalie that doesn't fit in age-wise with the balance of the young roster the Jets are building?

Cory Schneider is 30 years old with not as many miles on him as other goalies his age :laugh:

good to know thats now considered old for NHL goalies....

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Cory Schneider is 30 years old with not as many miles on him as other goalies his age :laugh:

good to know thats now considered old for NHL goalies....

Everybody knows how good Cory Schneider is. He's not an old man but he's not young anymore. We aren't going to give up a blue chip young player who fits in perfectly in our young team for an elite goalie that most likely won't align with our window. Neither side should be interested in this trade, really.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Connor + Hellebuyck would have to be in the package.

Don't think the Devils move him though, although a package around those two could be very convincing. If I were Winnipeg, I would be content with Hellebuyck as well rather than adding the assets to get Schneider; Hellebuyck is the real deal in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad