Cory Schneider or Justin Pogge

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Schneider in a heartbeat. Pogge's reflexes are very unimpressive. All other parts of his game are fairly good if not excellent, but his reflexes turn me off. Schneider has tons of raw talent. He's quick, big in the net, and has good positioning. One thing Schneider needs to work on is is puck handling, though.

I think the Leafs made a huge mistake trading Rask. They will regret it if they aren't already.

Towelie*

Schneider as well. Pogge is overrated, largely because of the WJC and the fact he is a Leaf prospect.

Schneider would have being able to put up the exact, if not better numbers, then Pogge if he was back stopping that dominant Canadian team.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
I'd say Schneider. He has to be one of the most underrated prospects in the game today. Pogge posted great stats, yes, but he also had one of the best defences in front of him in Calgary and in the WJC.

mooseOAK*

I'd say Schneider. He has to be one of the most underrated prospects in the game today. Pogge posted great stats, yes, but he also had one of the best defences in front of him in Calgary and in the WJC.

And one of the lousiest offences in Calgary but I guess that Pogge must have fooled all of those people giving out awards.

Schneider seems to play for a good team too.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Canuck Homerfest!!:shakehead

I live on the WetCoast and the lack of objectivity here when discussing Canucks prospects vs. anyone here is quite hilarious. The low point for me probably would have been years back when a table of 'nucks fans were belligerently telling me that Jason King was a vastly superior offensive player to Ales Hemsky......

I went to several of the World Junior games last year here and saw both Schneider and Pogge and AS OF NOW it's a saw-off between the two SKILLS WISE...I agree that Schneider has slightly better reflexes (nice glove particularly) but Pogge decidedly gets the nod for positioning and technicality and I would also give him an advantage (perhaps slight) in lateral movement (the way Pogge comes across the crease is downright impressive). Both are very good at judging shooters and challenging accordingly and both have shown strong rebound control(even for now). Pogge is the best stickhandling goalie prospect around hands down. Coaches and, most recently, Leafs' goaltending coach Steve McKichen rave about Pogge's mental make-up, maturity and composure and commitment to becoming a No.1 goalie.

So I ask, why is it Schneider "in a heartbeat"... ?

For me, for now, Pogge / Schneider is a draw.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Honestly, I saw Pogge play in PG and in Calgary and I was very very underwhelmed. Had it not been for the defense on the WJ team, Pogge would have looked like a TOTALLY different tender.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Canuck Homerfest!!:shakehead

I live on the WetCoast and the lack of objectivity here when discussing Canucks prospects vs. anyone here is quite hilarious. The low point for me probably would have been years back when a table of 'nucks fans were belligerently telling me that Jason King was a vastly superior offensive player to Ales Hemsky......

I went to several of the World Junior games last year here and saw both Schneider and Pogge and AS OF NOW it's a saw-off between the two SKILLS WISE...I agree that Schneider has slightly better reflexes (nice glove particularly) but Pogge decidedly gets the nod for positioning and technicality and I would also give him an advantage (perhaps slight) in lateral movement (the way Pogge comes across the crease is downright impressive). Both are very good at judging shooters and challenging accordingly and both have shown strong rebound control(even for now). Pogge is the best stickhandling goalie prospect around hands down. Coaches and, most recently, Leafs' goaltending coach Steve McKichen rave about Pogge's mental make-up, maturity and composure and commitment to becoming a No.1 goalie.

So I ask, why is it Schneider "in a heartbeat"... ?

For me, for now, Pogge / Schneider is a draw.

So a few idiots that you know make the posters on here homers? Granted, there's probably not a huge difference at this point between Schneider and Pogge, but I haven't seen either of them nearly enough to say either way.

Danglefish

Oct 26, 2006
I would take Pogge. In the few times I've seen Schneider play I have been very unimpressed, whereas I have seen Pogge play quite a few times and he is definately the better technical tender, better stick handler hands down, and his lateral movement in the butterfly is second to none, not to mention the guy is just a giant in the net. I would also have taken Pogge over Rask if I were Toronto too, Rask just seems to be very overrated to me IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad