Down the stretch, last 12 games a pice

Elliott saw 34.3 shots per game
Schneider saw 26.5 shots per game

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Here are statistics of prospect goalies over the last 22 games in the AHL

Top Prospect goalie stats over the last 22 games...

Justin Pogge Toronto Marlies(AHL)[Toronto Maple Leafs]

GP W L OTL SA% GAA SO PLD
22 14 8 0 .910 2.2 3 0

Tuukka Rask* Providence Bruins(AHL)[Boston Bruins]

22 11 6 2 .908 2.2 1 2

Al Montoya San Antonio Rampage(AHL)[Phoenix Coyotes]

22 13 7 0 .910 2.4 1 1

Cory Schneider* Manitoba Moose(AHL)[Vancouver Canucks]

22 16 4 2 .934 1.6 2 0

Ondrej Pavelec* Chicago Wolves(AHL)[Atlanta Thrashers]

22 13 6 3 .927 2.1 0 0

Pekka Rinne Milwaukee Admirals(AHL)[Nashville Predators]

22 13 8 0 .907 2.4 3 0

Brian Elliott* Binghamton Senators(AHL)[Ottawa Senators]

22 10 9 1 .922 2.3 2 1

Steve Mason Kitchener Rangers(OHL)[Columbus Blue Jackets]

22 17 4 1 .911 2.0 3 0

Leland Irving Everett Silvertips(WHL)[Calgary Flames]

22 9 11 1 .932 2.2 2 1

Jimmy Howard Grand Rapids Griffins(AHL)[Detroit Red Wings]

22 7 13 0 .913 2.5 0 2

PLD is Pulled...

/End Thread
This is really all I wanted to prove. Elliott played on the worst defensive team of any of those AHL guys and only Howard played on a worse team overall, yet Elliott still managed to put up very good numbers. He may not be as good as Schneider or Pavelec, but he's a damn fine goalie prospect whose put up very good numbers wherever he's played. I'm confident he'll be a very good goalie in the NHL.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
numbers dont say everything. I think the most impressive thing about elliott compared to any other sens goalie in history is how positionally sound he is. He never seems to struggle for a save. When he gets beat, he usually guesses wrong or had no chance. Also has very good rebound control (and sens goalies have had their fair share of problems in that respect).

even if elliott isnt a star (i doubt he is), he has all the tools to be a solid #1.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Elliott was really good in his first NHL game. I've been keeping hope for him to be the future starter in Ottawa.

From NHL.com notes

PRE-SEASON: Went 2-0-0 with a 1.36 GAA and a .959 save percentage in two pre-season games, allowing two goals on 49 shots

THIS SEASON: Made 28 saves and recorded the win in his NHL debut at Atlanta on Oct. 10 (3-1 win)

LAST SEASON: Finished career at University of Wisconsin with school records of 1.78 GAA, .931 save % and 16 shutouts. Career numbers put him sixth in GAA and tied for fourth in save % in NCAA history

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
numbers dont say everything. I think the most impressive thing about elliott compared to any other sens goalie in history is how positionally sound he is. He never seems to struggle for a save. When he gets beat, he usually guesses wrong or had no chance. Also has very good rebound control (and sens goalies have had their fair share of problems in that respect).

even if elliott isnt a star (i doubt he is), he has all the tools to be a solid #1.
Numbers don't say everything, but a lot of people thought Elliott was shielded by Wisconsin's team defense and he went to a bad defensive team in Binghamton and put up good numbers.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
From what I've seen, I actually prefer Glass to Elliot.
Glass isn't even going to be qualified. Outside of the first 15 games last year, he hasn't done a thing in the AHL. A Binghamton fan on the Sens board even called him one of the worst goalies he's ever seen as far as positioning goes and another called him the worst goalie they've ever seen in Binghamton in 30 years.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
After this past season if I had to choose I'd choose Schneider hands down.

However the point to make is Elliot who's a late round pick compared to Schneider who's a first round pick aren't that far off. It's a steal for the Senators.

Schneider though has potential franchise goalie written all over him.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Glass isn't even going to be qualified. Outside of the first 15 games last year, he hasn't done a thing in the AHL. A Binghamton fan on the Sens board even called him one of the worst goalies he's ever seen as far as positioning goes and another called him the worst goalie they've ever seen in Binghamton in 30 years.
But but....

Glass is the best puck-handling goaltender the Sens have EVER had!!!!!!1111!!!!!shift+1!!!one!!!!!

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
However the point to make is Elliot who's a late round pick compared to Schneider who's a first round pick aren't that far off. It's a steal for the Senators.

Random trivia from the Ottawa Sun (Liam McGuire- local trivia expert): Brian Elliott shares the NHL record for lowest drafted player to ever play an NHL game... with Jonathan Ericsson from Detroit.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I thought it was funny, given how they've matched up against each other several times in their young careers, that they will both be starting goaltenders in the AHL All-Star Game on opposing teams.

Seabass said:
From what I've seen, I actually prefer Glass to Elliot.
This was funny then and even funnier now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->