Cory Schneider in QMJHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Komi#1 said:
According to Le Journal de Québec, he could join the Rimouski Oceanics next year...

Very well might... he was expected to go to Green Bay (USHL) next year but the Gamblers head coach (Mark Osiecki) is now the new assistant at Wisconson.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If Schnider goes to Rimouski next year that would give them for next year:

Returnning:

Sidney Crosby
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Dany Roussin
Danny Stewert
Mark Tobin
Michel Sersen
J-M Bolduc

New Faces:
Who ever they draft in the 1st round this year
Francis Cherrett
Corey Schnieder ?

I would have to say thay look to have a good team even with out the USA goalie but if they get him they could very well be the best team in the QMJHL next year almost hands down.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
moosefan said:
If Schnider goes to Rimouski next year that would give them for next year:

Returnning:

Sidney Crosby
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Dany Roussin
Danny Stewert
Mark Tobin
Michel Sersen
J-M Bolduc

New Faces:
Who ever they draft in the 1st round this year
Francis Cherrett
Corey Schnieder ?

I would have to say thay look to have a good team even with out the USA goalie but if they get him they could very well be the best team in the QMJHL next year almost hands down.

Most definitely.

Especially since nearly all the core players are young and will look to improve (and should improve) next year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Brock said:
Most definitely.

Especially since nearly all the core players are young and will look to improve (and should improve) next year.

Rimouski will be a powerhouse with or without Schneider. He'd be a nice addition though. Are there any other American goalies in the Q? I recall one but can't place him right now.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Don't be too sure about Schneider going to the Q.

He's very big on education and fulfilling obligations. He won't go where he will be ineligible to play for Boston College (Rimouski), meaning if he does play junior, it will be with Green Bay, not major junior in Quebec.

He declined GB's offer to play for them this year for two reasons:
1. He felt he would get a better education staying at Andover for his senior season.
2. He had been named captain of the Big Blue and felt obligated to return his teammates' loyalty by not bailing.

When I asked him about whether he placed an emphasis on going where he would best make the successful transitions to pro hockey, he said that earning a degree was top priority, not just going to the elite developmental programs.

In other words, I wouldn't put money on him joining the Oceanic. He's very committed to BC right now, especially if Matti Kaltiainen does what is expected and turns pro in Finland for the 2004-05 season. That will mean that Schneider is brought to Chestnut Hill immediately, bypassing the anticipated year in the USHL.

Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but don't get your hopes up, Rimouski fans.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Scheider will decide which way to go after the NHL Draft... he will see what his futures with the team that will draft him...

Rimouski GM Doris Labonté said that in a local newspaper...

And for Rimouski defense... with 3 - 19 years old moning back next year, Michal Sarsen, J-M Bolduc and Pat Coulombe, and in addition to that 2 18 years old in Veilleux and Tremblay and the last spot will be for Francois Bolduc who improve a lot in the end of last year... maybe a 20 year old d-man will be needed

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
Scheider will decide which way to go after the NHL Draft... he will see what his futures with the team that will draft him...

Rimouski GM Doris Labonté said that in a local newspaper...

And for Rimouski defense... with 3 - 19 years old moning back next year, Michal Sarsen, J-M Bolduc and Pat Coulombe, and in addition to that 2 18 years old in Veilleux and Tremblay and the last spot will be for Francois Bolduc who improve a lot in the end of last year... maybe a 20 year old d-man will be needed

Your D isnt bad

I think you will add 1 more.

I think Doris is going to overkill on forwards though if he tries to go out and get Zakharov, Bernier and Gagne.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
I Don't Know if he will go get big name like Bernier since like 5 minutes when i read the news i mentionned above. He said that he want to keep guys for the After-Crosby. So Charette, Bolduc, Veilleux will likely not be traded.

One guy i dont like a lot is Hrdel... could have produce way more with Sid Crosby has is centerman... or maybe is it cuz he was not too cool when i play baseball with him...

Anyway... we'll see...

VaporXX

Aug 7, 2003
In Transit
So far Rimouski has not made a trade for a goalie at the draft...and only a late round pick for a goalie. Looks like they know something we don't and Schneider might be on the way.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
VaporXX said:
So far Rimouski has not made a trade for a goalie at the draft...and only a late round pick for a goalie. Looks like they know something we don't and Schneider might be on the way.

Or like everything else this year, prices seem to be high.

There was only 1 notable player moved at the draft, and apparently there were about 15 available.

Im guessing RIM wasnt willing to reach team's demands.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Former teamate

He will be at BC next year. You can take that to the bank. He is a smart kid with a 4.0 GPA at Andover Acadamy, a very tough school!

PK*

Rabid Ranger said:
Rimouski will be a powerhouse with or without Schneider. He'd be a nice addition though. Are there any other American goalies in the Q? I recall one but can't place him right now.
There are none right now. I think the last one was Philippe Sauvé.

VaporXX

Aug 7, 2003
In Transit
bigd said:
He will be at BC next year. You can take that to the bank. He is a smart kid with a 4.0 GPA at Andover Acadamy, a very tough school!

Oh so he's SMART, I see, I guess that means he won't play Junior...Come on, he's an athlete, he wants to win, and he'll go where he has a chance to:
A) Play
B) Win

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
VaporXX said:
Oh so he's SMART, I see, I guess that means he won't play Junior...Come on, he's an athlete, he wants to win, and he'll go where he has a chance to:
A) Play
B) Win

And He wil play and win where?... Rimouski... come on... Rimouski will be the Team of the CHL next year or in the top 3 at least

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
VaporXX said:
A) Play
B) Win

Are you trying to say he can't do these things at BC?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
If this is true, they could possibly be the best junior team on the planet next year :eek:

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
cagney said:
Are you trying to say he can't do these things at BC?

Are you trying to say that a have a chance to win the Memorial Cup, who is the hardest trophy to win in junior age is not better than to win in a team thaht will let him play 15 games on 30...

And also, with Sid Crosby on the team and all the recrutors that come to Rimouski and all TV Station (Sportsnet, TSN, RDS, SRC, CBC, etc.), he will a chance to be one of most popular goaler and the most known

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
CrosbyIsGod said:
Are you trying to say that a have a chance to win the Memorial Cup, who is the hardest trophy to win in junior age is not better than to win in a team thaht will let him play 15 games on 30...

And also, with Sid Crosby on the team and all the recrutors that come to Rimouski and all TV Station (Sportsnet, TSN, RDS, SRC, CBC, etc.), he will a chance to be one of most popular goaler and the most known

I respect the fact that winning the Memorial Cup is quite an accomplishment but what should it matter to a kid from New England? It's not like he's been dreaming of it his whole life like many Canadian kids do.

He's a high school graduate who values education and has a scholarship to a good school. On top of this, he'll have the chance to play on a team that should be at the top of college hockey for the forseeable future. Four years from now he'll have a college degree, possibly an NCAA title (or two), and at 22 years old, more experience than he would have as a 20 year old coming out of juniors (thus a better chance to go directly to the NHL rather than spending time in the minors).

What, besides the chance to win a title he may not even know exists, is Schneider's incentive to go to juniors? The chance to be a popular guy in Rimouski? I think he'll choose the college degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad