Cory Emmerton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I haven't heard anything about this kid. He's put up some great numbers for the Frontenacs (66gp-26g-64a-90pts-37pim) in his draft year.

Any info from people who have seen him play? Where will he be drafted? What kind of player is he? Thanks

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
MeffyuhTJRest said:
I haven't heard anything about this kid. He's put up some great numbers for the Frontenacs (66gp-26g-64a-90pts-37pim) in his draft year.

Any info from people who have seen him play? Where will he be drafted? What kind of player is he? Thanks

He's a very smart player. He knows what he's doing when on the ice. I'll consider him as a solid playmaker but he can definitely score. He'll be a steal for someone in the second round. I hope the Leafs can grab him.

However i can definitely see a team plucking him in late first round. A team like Red Wings or Ottawa or Flyers. These teams arent afraid to make bold selections and im pretty sure some team will fall in love with this guy.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
wow, that was insanely quick. Thanks a lot.

The Wings definately are a team known for their steals. Ottawa's trend has been to go to Europe with their second pick and with Spezza and Vermette I don't know if they'd go for another playmaker.

How far from the NHL is he? 2008?

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
MeffyuhTJRest said:
wow, that was insanely quick. Thanks a lot.

The Wings definately are a team known for their steals. Ottawa's trend has been to go to Europe with their second pick and with Spezza and Vermette I don't know if they'd go for another playmaker.

How far from the NHL is he? 2008?

I wouldn't classify Vermette as the same kind of playmaker as Spezza :) But yeah I could see Ottawa grabbing him...I doubt he would last to the 2nd round..and if he does maybe we'll see another Bergeron :)

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
:) This is quoted from a reading that I have done.

People don't realize how good of a shooter this guy is. He generates a ton of assists from his slapper whether it's off the rush or playing the left point on the power play. Defenders back off as they know he has an extra top gear and his finishing skills are so effortless that he makes scoring appear more routine than it actually is.

77th Earl

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
ROOKIE CHARGERS said:
:) This is quoted from a reading that I have done.

People don't realize how good of a shooter this guy is. He generates a ton of assists from his slapper whether it's off the rush or playing the left point on the power play. Defenders back off as they know he has an extra top gear and his finishing skills are so effortless that he makes scoring appear more routine than it actually is.

Hey, does McKeen's know you're reprinting their material without crediting the source?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Emmerton is definitely a solid prospect. He's flown a bit under the radar, but I can see him being a pick around the 15-20 area. I'm not sure how much NHL potential he has, but he's a good all around player, who can skate and has good hands, so I figure at least hes a 3rd line center in the future.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Brock said:
Emmerton is definitely a solid prospect. He's flown a bit under the radar, but I can see him being a pick around the 15-20 area. I'm not sure how much NHL potential he has, but he's a good all around player, who can skate and has good hands, so I figure at least hes a 3rd line center in the future.

Yeah scoring 3rd line center at the very worst anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad