Recalled/Assigned: Cory Emmerton

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It pretty crazy that when our off-season plan was go with Dats-Weiss-Helm-Andersson center core, we are going now with Zeta-Sheahan-Emmerton-Glendening...

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
That they're behind a guy who the Wings have given up on and is proven to not be an NHLer.

Emmerton has played really well in Grand Rapids and even played pretty good tonight. they know this is his last real shot at an NHL career and now that he can get put on waivers again maybe he will get picked up and make a career of it.
Remember Miller and Eaves were tossed as waiver fodder once and they made it work. and its not like we were bottom feeders when it happened either.
Callahan and Ferraro will get their shot. if not this year then next. Contrary to popular belief Holland is not just going to give them away for free until he knows what they can do. he did it once and regretted it. then over corrected a few year later.

Holland hasn't won a cup in 6 years and after the Free agency failure a few years ago and the way the team has preformed this year. including the signing of Cleary and the cap hell resulting from it. if he starts mismanaging assets by losing high quality prospects. He will be out of a job. For years we have been hearing about how we had to stock pile our picks and prospects. well its time to start cashing in and he knows it. and Babcock is starting to as well begrudgingly I believe.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That's because Glendening has been mostly pretty mediocre, imo...

Yeah, maybe he is that at even strength. But I like his gritty and half-pest style (we desperately lack) and penalty killing. PK doesn't show at those stats.

For 575k he is worth his money as replacement player, but these 1.75M and 5.0M guys have not been worth of their contracts.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Not that I wish injury on anyone but I find it ****ing amazing that (along with Miller) Quincey and Cleary, our 2 worst players, are the only ones who've avoided injury this year.

:facepalm: :shakehead

Hard to get injured when you're just floating around out there...

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Thought Cory played well last night. Hopefully some team picks him up when he hits waivers. If not, I'm sure he'll help GR in the playoffs big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad