Corsica

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I had issues with the interface on Corsica as well. It was very much similar to War-on-Ice for me: probably the best pool of actual numbers and stats on any advanced stat site, but it could be a chore to actually bring data up at times. I was wondering if it was a problem with my computer not being able to handle the site or something, but sounds like others have had issues too.

I wish stats.hockeyanalysis.com had more data to draw from (specifically scoring chance data), but what it did have was structured perfectly and navigating the site was completely seamless. Never encountered any issues.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
It's gonna be replaced with Lumina hockey.

1991_chevrolet_lumina_4_dr_std_sedan-pic-7398535529731789213-640x480.jpeg

Reactions: therealkoho

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Yeah, I had issues with the interface on Corsica as well. It was very much similar to War-on-Ice for me: probably the best pool of actual numbers and stats on any advanced stat site, but it could be a chore to actually bring data up at times. I was wondering if it was a problem with my computer not being able to handle the site or something, but sounds like others have had issues too.

I wish stats.hockeyanalysis.com had more data to draw from (specifically scoring chance data), but what it did have was structured perfectly and navigating the site was completely seamless. Never encountered any issues.

To me ExtraSkater was the best combination of data and functionality. Though I like the idea of Darryl working for the Leafs, ES going down hit me the hardest.

But since manny might read this I should say Corsica is my current fav by far and looking forward to its return bb.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
So Brian Burke who is a loud-mouth contrarian who doesn't like analytics hires the contrarian of the hockey analytics movement. This should be interesting.

You do reslize that these sites are like the under grads who use the profs work and helps him/ her develop.

They do not have any origional thought or developed any theories.
Most of these sites exist cuse of theories i developed more than 10 years ago.

What is scary is most do not ask the correct questions or use the correct

1. situational averages and ranges for 516 situations of comp, team , ZS ( which includes comming off bench with or without pocession.

What becomes evident is you can finaly look at a players performance relative to an expected average.
Goaldif can have an expected average of + 25 to -30. You can acctualy have a player who is -27 in the toughest situation were he is expected to be -30. So relative to expected performance he is +3.

Volman,s player usage chart showed up after i presented the idea on lowetides site.
Volman,s does not present a 3 axis of data with smplitude bubble.
Which presents highly failed results.

2. Repeatability of performance. Failed eye test.
I watch video in partnership with analytic work. Loking for system play and player mechanics.

You do not measure a player by an expected cieling.
You look at the level of performance they can repeat while cobsistently following team system.

Develops player trust to read off each other.
A player who cannot be relied on being in the proper position cannot be trusted.

I have believed this for 35 years.
This is how belichek develops his teams.

Most fans have a failed eye.
They are influenced by one play rather than looking at the multitude of pkays that occur in 200 shifts.

Poster child for this was Sheldon Souray.
He was a product of NJD HD defenceman factory.
Faced 1st/2nd comp most of his career.

He would have one masive blowout that look awful.
Most people look at that and say what a terrible dman.

But one mistake is one mistake.
It does not matter if it is a massive defensive blowout or a failed cover near the net in a hd area.

Souray had one of the best mistakes per 200 shift rates in the game.
Were some of the best skating dmen in the league have a higher rate of mistakes per 200 shifts.

Guess who belichek and I would take.

Another classic example is the classic cycle pkays for 1-2 min.
People have pointed out some of these.
What do i watch for?
The low danger and high danger shot count.

Some of them did not have 1 high danger shot.
Meaning the skared alot in OZ.
But failed to penetrate HD area.

3. High danger theory
I developed this 12 years ago.
Observed that the average hd sh went in 17.5 % of the time
The average LD shot went in 3.5 % of the time a ratio of 5 to 1
From this you can get an expected ga for a given dpair.

Clearly you want to get the bst HD Corsi supression dmen in the game.
Dmen establish the avg save% a golie is asked to perform around.

Thier are 30 shots in a game.
Avg
10.5 hd shots x .825 save % = 1.8375 GA
19.5 ld shots x .965 = . 6825 GA
(30 - (1.8375 + .6825))/30 = .916

Worst
13.5 hd shots
16.5 ld shots
.902 save%

Best
7.5 hd shots
22.5 ld shots
.930 save%

4. Goalie game performance relative to cummulative hd/ld shot density

5. Open hole clsed hole shot theory.

Etc........

Thier are some theories that are so counter to current hockey belief. That old school is not willing to accept them.

Thou last summer i had a collection of div 2 and 3 coaches tell me they were changing thier shot system from high volume to hd penetration. Cause the5 times more success rate justified sacrificing volume for high hs shot count.

eperry

Jun 27, 2016
You do reslize that these sites are like the under grads who use the profs work and helps him/ her develop.

1. situational averages and ranges for 516 situations of comp, team , ZS ( which includes comming off bench with or without pocession.

What becomes evident is you can finaly look at a players performance relative to an expected average.
Goaldif can have an expected average of + 25 to -30. You can acctualy have a player who is -27 in the toughest situation were he is expected to be -30. So relative to expected performance he is +3.

Volman,s player usage chart showed up after i presented the idea on lowetides site.

I watch video in partnership with analytic work. Loking for system play and player mechanics.

You look at the level of performance they can repeat while cobsistently following team system.

A player who cannot be relied on being in the proper position cannot be trusted.

They are influenced by one play rather than looking at the multitude of pkays that occur in 200 shifts.

It does not matter if it is a massive defensive blowout or a failed cover near the net in a hd area.

Were some of the best skating dmen in the league have a higher rate of mistakes per 200 shifts.

What do i watch for?

3. High danger theory

Avg

Worst
13.5 hd shots
16.5 ld shots
.902 save%

Best
7.5 hd shots
22.5 ld shots
.930 save%

Etc........

Thier are some theories that are so counter to current hockey belief. That old school is not willing to accept them.

Thou last summer i had a collection of div 2 and 3 coaches tell me they were changing thier shot system from high volume to hd penetration. Cause the5 times more success rate justified sacrificing volume for high hs shot count.

You are a gem.

Reactions: Steven

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006

What do i watch for?

3. High danger theory

Avg

Worst
13.5 hd shots
16.5 ld shots
.902 save%

Best
7.5 hd shots
22.5 ld shots
.930 save%

Etc........

I think we've found the Zodiac killer.

Reactions: therealkoho

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
We're back.

1 bug report, when looking at individual game stats

the xGF% column sorts a player with 9% (yes some players can be that bad) as having a higher xGF% than someone with 85% xGF%

also so happy you're back, it's been a long summer

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Meanwhile Natural Stat Trick happened. Sorry.

Dude, what the hell is your problem? Did Manny insult your fav team on twitter or something? I for one am glad that Corisca is back. Natural Stat Trick is nice but it doesn't have the features that I go to Corsica for such advanced stats for every single line combination and d-pairing, xGoals and friends, and no aggregated multi-season data for players. Even unaggregated multiseason data is hard to get as you have to manually get it for each season and make a separate request for every season. I use Natural stats for Live game stats, WOWY and if I am interested in numbers for an individual season and Corsica for the other things I mentioned.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
It would be nice if there was a possibility of checking the stats over smaller sample sizes than entire seasons. Or maybe there is and I just don't know how to find it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It would be nice if there was a possibility of checking the stats over smaller sample sizes than entire seasons. Or maybe there is and I just don't know how to find it.

You used to be able to give it a date range. There is a 'Custom Query' option but that looks like it's still under construction as it still redirects to the win baby video. I assume once it's done, it will allow you to give a date range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad