Corsica

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So Brian Burke who is a loud-mouth contrarian who doesn't like analytics hires the contrarian of the hockey analytics movement. This should be interesting.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
So Brian Burke who is a loud-mouth contrarian who doesn't like analytics hires the contrarian of the hockey analytics movement. This should be interesting.

Perfect hire for Burke. Burke can "show" fans and media and whomever hes "new age" because of this pretty public hire. But behind close doors him and Johnson can high five and bounce outdated and false narratives about analytics back and forth and agree with eachother over and over

lawrence

May 19, 2012
What happened? The site just links to an Al Davis speech on Youtube right now.

corsica.hockey

Edit: Guess I found the reason, quite frustrating

Hired by the Calary Flames organization.

Apparently Mike Gillis use to use a analytic software by John Chayka's company that people believe that was similar to Corsica. What information it provided we don't know, but we believe he used it for 2 years or something and apparently didn't really help.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Am I the only one freaking out about hockeyanalysis shutting down? That's my go-to. Where do you guys go to view TOI spent with each linemate?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
hockeyanalysis being gone sucks. Used to use that for my corsi stats, WOWY's and general time spent and production with a player, oiSH%, etc. You can probably find all these things elsewhere but not sure it'll be all that easy to find it in the 1 place, and I liked the layout. :(

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
TBH I didn't use corsica. While I like the data presented, I had a lot of problems using the site as I found it to be very slow in many regards. Hopefully the new iteration is a lot better because I would love to use the site.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Am I the only one freaking out about hockeyanalysis shutting down? That's my go-to. Where do you guys go to view TOI spent with each linemate?

hockeyanalysis being gone sucks. Used to use that for my corsi stats, WOWY's and general time spent and production with a player, oiSH%, etc. You can probably find all these things elsewhere but not sure it'll be all that easy to find it in the 1 place, and I liked the layout. :(

This is why I love corsica. It has all that and more.

TBH I didn't use corsica. While I like the data presented, I had a lot of problems using the site as I found it to be very slow in many regards. Hopefully the new iteration is a lot better because I would love to use the site.

Yeah, I love corsica, but it occasionally simply didn't work. ex: the interface wouldn't load.

Hopefully, that's fixed when it's back up.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Yeah, I liked it for showing you who players played against the most, and how they did (raw production, CF%, etc.). Now I have no clue what to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad