Corrado Dismissed?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I would guess that the hope is that both Corrado and Tanev play on their natural right side. If we re-sign Edler that could one day mean:

Hamhuis - Bieka
Edler - Corrado
Garrison - Tanev

With an insurance righty in McNally too.

KidCanuck*

That is such a Vancouver Canuck response. He's perfect.

All the other camp cuts did a lot of "no hard feelings" ********, but of course there are hard feelings if you truly outplayed your competition.

I really hope Frank Corrado is our new defensive pairing for Chris Tanev, since K Conn hasn't really improved last year to show he can play at the NHL level.

Kevin and Chris are both ahead of Frankie, if anything Ballard is the odd man out and will spend the rest of his contract in the Minors or dealt depending on the new CBA. Gillis has showed in the past he will not buy out players. Frankie is a good prospect but will have a full year or 2 at the AHL level learning his craft at a higher calibre before thoughts of stepping into the NHL. This would not allow the kid to succeed and develop properly with the proper playing time he would get in the A.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Kevin and Chris are both ahead of Frankie, if anything Ballard is the odd man out and will spend the rest of his contract in the Minors or dealt depending on the new CBA. Gillis has showed in the past he will not buy out players. Frankie is a good prospect but will have a full year or 2 at the AHL level learning his craft at a higher calibre before thoughts of stepping into the NHL. This would not allow the kid to succeed and develop properly with the proper playing time he would get in the A.

Well he's further ahead then both Tanev and Connauton, at their respective ages. I could see Corrado taking less than two years...He already showed he was close, when he was one of the Wolves better defenseman in his few games he played last year.

StringerBell

Knowing Canucks management they'll prefer to keep him in the AHL as opposed to having him play limited minutes in Vancouver. Rightly so too.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Corrado is definitely ahead of Connauton development-wise and has more room to grow too. He adjusted to the AHL faster than Connauton could've ever hoped for and looked steadier defensively.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Corrado has a higher ceiling than Tanev, in my opinion. Seems like a more two-dimensional talent, whereas Tanev has good defensive positioning but limited offensive upside. I know most people are really high on Tanev, but he projects as a solid #4 or #5 to me and not much more.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Bizarre choice by Team Canada. Playing a bit of politics I guess. Corrado was one of the few consistent scorers in these lead-up games.

Seeing it echoed in the TSN article comments.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=411610#YourCallTop

For me it is not to shocking when you look at the hockey resume of the players that did make the team on the blue line.As for the comment section of the TSN article, for me they are there more for pure entertainment then anything else. The word dismissed is a bit harsh, guess the word cut is not politically correct enough for people in this day and age

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Corrado has a higher ceiling than Tanev, in my opinion. Seems like a more two-dimensional talent, whereas Tanev has good defensive positioning but limited offensive upside. I know most people are really high on Tanev, but he projects as a solid #4 or #5 to me and not much more.

On a Stanley Cup contending team as a 23 year old, for me that's pretty good.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Knowing Canucks management they'll prefer to keep him in the AHL as opposed to having him play limited minutes in Vancouver. Rightly so too.

It is called proper development. Canucks need to bring the young kids along properly and develop their games. Due to where we drafted we drafted a lot of projects that had raw talent. Defencemen need time time to play and I would rather have him play 15 to 20 minutes on the farm then the 8 or so minutes he would get on the current defencive line we have. There is one scouting report that came out earlier, where it talked about his booming shot, but made clear he had other aspects to his game that he needed to work on, such as how he plays away from the puck and how he sees the ice. I think he could be a heck of a steal in the 5th round, if the canuck do not rush him and coach him correctly

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
On a Stanley Cup contending team as a 23 year old, for me that's pretty good.

I'm talking about how he projects for his career. Right now, I'm not sure. He could probably play valuable ES minutes because he's good defensively and moves the puck out of his zone well, but his offensive game would mean you'd have to pair him with someone who can play offensive hockey.

I guess we'll see. I'm just not as bullish on Tanev as most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad