Corrado Dismissed?

ZenMaster*

Isn't Corrado's skating at an elite level which is also a huge part of being a defenceman. If so, then he is great at something.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bummer that we don't get to see him perform on the big stage.

But, from what Mackenize says, it probably came down to the fact that Corrado doesn't do one thing great. Old saying, good at everything, great at nothing.

Reilly/Hamilton were locks
Harrington/Ouellet were locks too.
Reinhart seemed like a lock.
Down to Wotherspoon and Murphy. Wotherspoon is a big defender, while Murphy is a PP QB.

Corrado did have a great camp, but it is what it is.

Not a troll.

This post summed it up perfectly.

_______

I attended each practice/game for the WJC and was impressed with Corrado. It's easy to hate on Canuck prospects due to blind bias/hate, but there's not question he has top 4 upside. Great pick, and solid future ahead of him. If there wasn't a lockout he would probably be in the top 4. Enjoy the World Juniors! Go Canada!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I was a bit disappointed that he didn't make it but his competitive spirit is certainly interesting. Hopefully it serves as fuel for him to become a better player.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Not a troll.

This post summed it up perfectly.

_______

I attended each practice/game for the WJC and was impressed with Corrado. It's easy to hate on Canuck prospects due to blind bias/hate, but there's not question he has top 4 upside. Great pick, and solid future ahead of him. If there wasn't a lockout he would probably be in the top 4. Enjoy the World Juniors! Go Canada!

Thanks, was nice seeing fans from other fanbases (even those who hate the Canucks) getting won over by Corrado's play to the point most people expected him to make it as the #6. Disappointing he didn't make it, but I look forward to seeing him push to make the NHL going forward.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Ray Ferraro was on the team just a little while ago, and he said he and Bob had Frankie in the #5 slot for sure.

I still don't get it,not having him there made little to no sense to me, but hey whatever.

Scottrockztheworld*

Coaching staff was biased. That's pretty much all there was to it.

Yup. I hate to get all Jesse Ventura on you guys but Murphy had a Spot(t):sarcasm: on this team before camp.

Why even have camp? Corrado was the best of the non locks, did everything he could & doesn't make it due to "size"? If you think his size would end up being an issue then don't invite him in the first place. :shakehead

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
pretty much everything in this owns and im glad he's not falling over himself to "thank" team canada for their ********

Yeah, love it. **** you team Canada and your BS politics. Let 'em know Frankie.

I knew that he scored the 2 goals but the fact that he wasn't on for a goal against just adds to the fact that Spott is an idiot.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Yup. I hate to get all Jesse Ventura on you guys but Murphy had a Spot(t):sarcasm: on this team before camp.

Why even have camp? Corrado was the best of the non locks, did everything he could & doesn't make it due to "size"? If you think his size would end up being an issue then don't invite him in the first place. :shakehead

Oilers fan who watched all the games, agree 100%. What a waste of time, what else do you want the kid to do? Kid comes to camp plays lights out and he gets cut instead of players he easily outperformed. Why even take him off his OHL team if that is going to be the case. You aren't doing the kid a favor just by inviting him to camp, glad to hear the kid has handled it appropriately and isn't kissing HC's ass like he owes them something.

Ill admit, I initially rolled my eyes at the hype some Canuck fans were giving this kid. I really do think he has a solid NHL future at this point though, which for a 5th round pick is a home run.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Didn't Don Cherry go off about the camps and that it just demoralizes kids who deserve a spot but don't get it due to politics? I mean, hell, look at Murphy. The only reason he's even there is because his stupid coach is coaching the team. Why even bother holding these camps and getting kids' hopes up only to shoot them down when you've already made your mind up about the roster? To maintain some semblance of competition probably, or that sort of bulls***.

Outside99*

Didn't Don Cherry go off about the camps and that it just demoralizes kids who deserve a spot but don't get it due to politics? I mean, hell, look at Murphy. The only reason he's even there is because his stupid coach is coaching the team. Why even bother holding these camps and getting kids' hopes up only to shoot them down when you've already made your mind up about the roster? To maintain some semblance of competition probably, or that sort of bulls***.

They do it every year and as a result, what should be a strength for Canada - depth - isn't.

I loved Corrado's attitude except now if a D gets injured, they'll probably call up someone who was politically correct.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
They do it every year and as a result, what should be a strength for Canada - depth - isn't.

I loved Corrado's attitude except now if a D gets injured, they'll probably call up someone who was politically correct.

Well, I'll say it for him right now: they can go **** themselves. He was pissed about getting cut and rightfully so. Selfishly, I hope they end up begging him to come back, but yeah it's not likely to happen. Something's wrong when your 1st priority isn't even having the best players on the team.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

They will call up Dumba since he is last cut for them. HC is stupid.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Why did he drop the gloves? Tinordi has like 6 inches and 40 pounds on him. It's like Bieksa going after Byfuglien.
meh, the later hardly goes looking for fights - and I don't mean that by he doesn't want to hurt the other guy (as other true heavyweights sometimes are reluctant to drop the gloves against shorter/smaller guys). Byfuglien likes to play the bully but doesn't have a habit of backing it up that 'tough guy attitude'. Call me biased (though bear in mind, I could hardly be called a Bieksa fanboy), but I'd like Bieksa's chances against Byfuglien

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
But, from what Mackenize says, it probably came down to the fact that Corrado doesn't do one thing great. Old saying, good at everything, great at nothing.

Sounds like we may have picked the second coming of Ohlund 150th overall. :yo:

He's pissed. Talked about how he couldn't have done more to make the team. Made a point to say that not only did he score the two goals in three games, but he didn't have a single goal against.

When asked if he made any new bonds or friends over there, he said not really. He wasn't there to make any friends,

Also sounds like he may have a little Mikael Samuelsson in him too. :naughty:

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
He's pissed. Talked about how he couldn't have done more to make the team. Made a point to say that not only did he score the two goals in three games, but he didn't have a single goal against.

When asked if he made any new bonds or friends over there, he said not really. He wasn't there to make any friends, will check out some highlights of the WJ's but it'll be hard to watch.

Said he's only focused on making the NHL now.

That is such a Vancouver Canuck response. He's perfect.

All the other camp cuts did a lot of "no hard feelings" ********, but of course there are hard feelings if you truly outplayed your competition.

I really hope Frank Corrado is our new defensive pairing for Chris Tanev, since K Conn hasn't really improved last year to show he can play at the NHL level.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
That is such a Vancouver Canuck response. He's perfect.

All the other camp cuts did a lot of "no hard feelings" ********, but of course there are hard feelings if you truly outplayed your competition.

I really hope Frank Corrado is our new defensive pairing for Chris Tanev, since K Conn hasn't really improved last year to show he can play at the NHL level.

I would guess that the hope is that both Corrado and Tanev play on their natural right side. If we re-sign Edler that could one day mean:

Hamhuis - Bieka
Edler - Corrado
Garrison - Tanev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad