OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
"Yiu said that AHS made "an error in judgement" when it stress-tested the booking system, and underestimated how many people would use the online tool and call 811 to try and book an appointment at launch time."

I hate to be blunt in a nasty way but how can these people be so utterly stupid and yes I am going to use that word.

Absolutely everyone I talked to before they opened up the web site and phone lines and I mean everyone, after hearing the powers that be say 'Oh we have tested it and are confident thingsw ill be fine.' said. "The site will crash within minutes and the wait line for phones will be hours."

There is not one person who did not thunk that the demand would be massive and yet the pin heads are caught off guard and surprised.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
"Yiu said that AHS made "an error in judgement" when it stress-tested the booking system, and underestimated how many people would use the online tool and call 811 to try and book an appointment at launch time."

I hate to be blunt in a nasty way but how can these people be so utterly stupid and yes I am going to use that word.

Absolutely everyone I talked to before they opened up the web site and phone lines and I mean everyone, after hearing the powers that be say 'Oh we have tested it and are confident thingsw ill be fine.' said. "The site will crash within minutes and the wait line for phones will be hours."

There is not one person who did not thunk that the demand would be massive and yet the pin heads are caught off guard and surprised.
They couldn't build enough capacity to have all the lemmings jumping on the submit button at once, the only failure was not giving booking slots in blocks,last name a-f books from 8-11 g-m 11- 3etc.

Reactions: AM

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Basically what I was saying days ago. They got it all wrong. from their capacity to take appts to their estimation of time served per patient. I mean think about this, how can you be AHS provincial healthcare provider for 4.5M people and not know how long per patient it is realistically going to take to immunize each person? The "We're going to provide excellent customer care with each patient and take our time" also kind of annoys me. Making everybody wait an hour or more is not providing excellent service that anybody wants.

The reality is you're in there and they basically want to talk shit. How ya doing, good day, and all that" Me; you know theres a lineup of 300 people outside why not just give me the shot." I've actually said this, that I'm not here for shoptalk. My wife on the other hand will oblige for an hour..pretty soon and the nurse and her are talking about sales at Winners..

The dynamic is that nobody is paying extra for the staff to do more immunization. This is the rate/hr failure. If they can drag each patient served to half an hour they will, especially if nobody is monitoring time.

Immunization is an innately contractual gig. Would make perfect sense for pay per patient served to be rolled out. Bet they would get a dozen per hour done if thats the case, per nurse. As it is maybe they get 3-4. Even if they topped up pay and said you get an extra two bucks for each patient immunized they would still save money over the usual stagnated AHS pace.

I've had to have several vaccinations over the years either required for work or other needs. Whenever I have to get one done at AHS it takes easily 3 times as long as it does just to walk into a pharmacy to get a shot. Because the latter get to bill per patient served. They aren't interested in wasting time. Yours, or theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
They couldn't build enough capacity to have all the lemmings jumping on the submit button at once, the only failure was not giving booking slots in blocks,last name a-f books from 8-11 g-m 11- 3etc.

The failure was saying that things are good and then watching with amazement when it bombed when simple commons sense and past experience with these things shows you better be ready for massive response.

Also calling people lemmings who are trying to do the right thing in a public health crisis is rather foolish.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The failure was saying that things are good and then watching with amazement when it bombed when simple commons sense and past experience with these things shows you better be ready for massive response.

Also calling people lemmings who are trying to do the right thing in a public health crisis is rather foolish.

NO tanks Id rather not have the Gov waste millions of dollars on a booking system

Reactions: AM and oilers'72

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016

It may not be politically correct but it is accurate. same group of assholes who found it necessary to buy carts full of shit tickets. they survived 340days 341 likely won't kill them if they stay consistent with their existing routines. if half of em had used common sense and opted to just try later instead mashing the refresh button things would have been fine. Granted the govt should have realized every dickhead and Karen in the province would be on their cyber doorstep at the opening bell and controlled the flood better but doing that someone would be bitching about favoritism. catch 22 for the administration.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I have no words for this travesty. This throw away of common sense. This pure cruel act toward children. Every single one of these "experts" needs to be fired and if I saw any of them on the street I would punch them in the head despite myself being a pacifist. This is a such a selfish self-absorbed act.

The psychological damage will be long-lasting. They are not even allowed to do that to prisoners. I urge parents to tell them to go pound sand.

Peel guidelines to put kids in solitary quarantine 'cruel punishment' | Toronto Sun

"Peel Health has issued guidelines to parents instructing them to keep any children who have been sent home because a classmate has tested positive for COVID-19 isolated in a separate room from all other family members for 14 days."

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I have no words for this travesty. This throw away of common sense. This pure cruel act toward children. Every single one of these "experts" needs to be fired and if I saw any of them on the street I would punch them in the head despite myself being a pacifist. This is a such a selfish self-absorbed act.

The psychological damage will be long-lasting. They are not even allowed to do that to prisoners. I urge parents to tell them to go pound sand.

Peel guidelines to put kids in solitary quarantine 'cruel punishment' | Toronto Sun

"Peel Health has issued guidelines to parents instructing them to keep any children who have been sent home because a classmate has tested positive for COVID-19 isolated in a separate room from all other family members for 14 days."

It was the same thing AHS sent home for my daughter back in december

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
GUNTER: The frustration is real as Canadians ponder rule-breaking | Edmonton Journal

"According to the market research firm Insights West, about half of Canadians are planning to break COVID rules during their province’s spring break."
Called it a couple weeks ago. If the numbers continue to go down and some of these doctors and "experts" get their wish and there are no lifting of restrictions (and even adding more on, in some cases, if you can believe it), people are going to say "f*** it, I've done this shit for 4 months, eclipsing the so called "2 week curve flattening", and in 2-3 weeks most of the at risks will be immunized, so I am going to see my kids again."

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

That is ridiculous. People have gone mad.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
If you need to make an appointment for the vaccine for any0one, have patience. Between myself and my Wife, we finally managed to get our folks setup. It's kinda frustrating though.

Good luck.

Made the appointment and took my Mom in this morning for her 9:30AM shot at Skyview. They've straightened out the day 1 mess pretty well. There's a big sign in front with "now accepting "xxxx time". There were also about 6 or so Peace Officers/staff kindly answering questions and directing drivers to what they were to do. On the blow horn they'd say "now taking appointments at 9:20AM or before. If your appointment is after 9:20AM, go back to your car till we call you....you stoopid motherf***ers." Slight paraphrase there :naughty:.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know it not as big of a deal as some twitter dork will make it out to be...my Father in law was there on Friday and he said he waited for an hour. Wasn't bitching or complaining about it at all. As it should be. :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Made the appointment and took my Mom in this morning for her 9:30AM shot at Skyview. They've straightened out the day 1 mess pretty well. There's a big sign in front with "now accepting "xxxx time". There were also about 6 or so Peace Officers/staff kindly answering questions and directing drivers to what they were to do. On the blow horn they'd say "now taking appointments at 9:20AM or before. If your appointment is after 9:20AM, go back to your car till we call you....you stoopid motherf***ers." Slight paraphrase there :naughty:.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know it not as big of a deal as some twitter dork will make it out to be...my Father in law was there on Friday and he said he waited for an hour. Wasn't bitching or complaining about it at all. As it should be. :)
Apparently some people have never tried to buy tickets for a top music act. An absolute gong show. And those companies have been doing it for decades. A system can only take so much, regardless of how well you try to plan. I don't recall a mass vaccination roll out for the province in my lifetime who's experience that we can draw on .If they have made some mistakes, they will have learned, and it's in the rear view mirror now, and I expect things to go relatively smoothly from here on in.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Called it a couple weeks ago. If the numbers continue to go down and some of these doctors and "experts" get their wish and there are no lifting of restrictions (and even adding more on, in some cases, if you can believe it), people are going to say "f*** it, I've done this shit for 4 months, eclipsing the so called "2 week curve flattening", and in 2-3 weeks most of the at risks will be immunized, so I am going to see my kids again."

People in our neighborhood are back to having parties. A few over the last few days. Some people really are just done with this, and I'm not blaming them, and I am looking the other way while still practicing all advised restrictions. I mean its 1year later, and its a lot to ask younger folk to just do very little for multiple years. The parties have sounded like people not having parties in the longest time. Which is mostly the case.

I wouldn't say 4 mths, I'd say a year. Things, events, work, home etc haven't been normal for a year.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Its everybodies own decision, and I completely respect people making their own activitity decisions but the risks are still there, and still activities that don't make a lot of sense during a pandemic.

Pub trivia night cases climb to 300, says Dr. Bonnie Henry - Tri-City News

This could happen anwhere. Its the nature of the virus, and its superspreader events.

once you start serving alcohol inhibition is repealed faster than prohibition. people in a bar, drinking, and doing what people have done in pubs and bars since recorded history...

Its like its spring and telling animals not to mate or rut or have courtship..

Soon as you open bars and pubs up its a gong show. Infractions being reported pretty much anywhere.

More to the point look at this list of current outbreaks in Fraser region and see if you can spot which (all) seem to be bad ideas right now.

Public exposures - Fraser Health Authority

I mean its so clear, and Fraser health is doing a credible job putting this together and tracking these.

now for a few jokes.

"Royal jerk spot" event? bad idea anytime..

Tap house, I'm not tapping that..

"Dicks lumber" looking for trouble..

Attack restaurant. nah, pass. I get the runs sometimes..

Hookah lounge...I'm almost convinced this is a bad idea during a pandemic..

Surrey- bad idea anytime..

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
So one more. All the pubs have window dressing that masks are required "at all times" inside the pub.

How does one drink beer with a mask on at all times? I'm asking for a friend..;)

D1061_22_344_1200.jpg

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

lets be clear that the same Peel school region was lecturing people that it was racist of them to suggest people coming in from Wuhan should be isolated and that canadians wouldn't stand for that. They were allowing kids direct from Wuhan, to go to school, zero quarantine. Now theyr'e advocating spanking kids and slamming them in time out rooms for two weeks with bread and water.

This Peel school region is insane.

some people need to be fired into the sun.

Hopefully the pandemic will have exhibited what kind of idiocy abounds that needs to be countered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->