OT: Coronavirus XXXV: Y'all Got Any More of Them Vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
China rolls out anal swab coronavirus tests, says it's more accurate | Toronto Sun

"Months-long lockdowns. Entire city populations herded through the streets for mandatory testing. The people of China could be forgiven for thinking they had seen it all during the coronavirus pandemic...

But now they face a new indignity: The addition of anal swabs — yes, you read that right — to the testing regimen for those in quarantine
."

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hospital and ICU numbers continuing to go down at a glacial pace. We've reduced our active cases from over 20k to 8.6K, for 5 weeks weve reduced our daily numbers from near 1900 to yesterday 366. The rolling average of new cases has been low for weeks. In all the time we have reduced only 40 ICU cases province wide. Reduced about 400 hospital cases. The Severe cases are taking forever to get a grasp on.

Albertans have been dialing in hard to reduce numbers for 5 weeks, we've given up Christmas, holiday season, we've given up now almost a year of our normative life. With no changes in sight, and no vaccine.

My take is ICU specifically probably has around 80 severe ICU Covid cases that are just not going to recover ever, or anytime soon. Occupying ICU beds. Thats what I suspect is going on, and its hard to know what to do with that but if we're all just here holding our breath waiting for ICU cases to drop... I mean to put it into perspective we've achieved just greater than one ICU case reduction per day since cases started to recede around Dec 20, 2020. But keep fighting the good fight...WE got this by next year...maybe.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hospital and ICU numbers continuing to go down at a glacial pace. We've reduced our active cases from over 20k to 8.6K, for 5 weeks weve reduced our daily numbers from near 1900 to yesterday 366. The rolling average of new cases has been low for weeks. In all the time we have reduced only 40 ICU cases province wide. Reduced about 400 hospital cases. The Severe cases are taking forever to get a grasp on.

Albertans have been dialing in hard to reduce numbers for 5 weeks, we've given up Christmas, holiday season, we've given up now almost a year of our normative life. With no changes in sight, and no vaccine.

My take is ICU specifically probably has around 80 severe ICU Covid cases that are just not going to recover ever, or anytime soon. Occupying ICU beds. Thats what I suspect is going on, and its hard to know what to do with that but if we're all just here holding our breath waiting for ICU cases to drop... I mean to put it into perspective we've achieved just greater than 1CU case reduction per day since cases started to recede around Dec 20, 2020. But keep fighting the good fight...WE got this by next year...maybe.
the "new variant" is the new tactic to keep us scared and compliant...it's dominating the news

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
the "new variant" is the new tactic to keep us scared and compliant...it's dominating the news

Yep, you caught the Atlantic "scare tactic" article Ive posted a few times? Its just standard by now, and its not even cooperated in the articles. "A ticking time bomb going off"

From the same publication that told us that 70% of people would catch Covid and that in the US alone 20M in the USA will die!. Because a silly beyond belief projection filled in some dots.

The global cabal could stand to use some new tactics. Aversive fear mongering seems to be not all that consistently effective. Dialing the hysteria up to 11 doesn't increase efficacy.

If these were parents they'd be wrapping all their kids up in bubble wrap suffocating them. There, you won't contract covid now...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A few more covid Notes. While variant hysteria reigns supreme actual daily Coronavirus numbers have decreased significantly across the globe since Jan 7. With daily cases now being way back to what they were in October. Its indisputable that global numbers of new cases are down for a whole 3 weeks and with a trajectory of going down further.

Moving onto the UK, the home of the "overwhelming variant" that is a "ticking timebomb" that will :explode case numbers", they have been in marked decline in daily numbers since January 8 peak, that was 68K cases in one day. For multiple days now they are now down to 30K cases, yesterday went down to 20K. Across all of the UK. Ground zero, haha.

Closer to home Canada peaked at 10K cases per day during the holiday season. We're now at a rolling average of 5K cases, with yesterday being 4K. Across the whole damn country.

This is the kind of information that a global cabal don't want you to see. Pfizer, Moderna, any other Pharma manufacturers or all the govts that paid billions for Vaccines or Covid relief don't want it seen either. It must be terrifying for some entities to see Covid #'s down so drastically, so soon after the latest doomsday prognostications.

Finally, just manufacture some f***ing N95 masks, please, anytime would be nice, and that would cost a fraction of what vaccines will, and with zero side effects.

We're 14 mths into a pandemic and the world still doesn't have N-95 masks, or at least Canada, doesn't have any, and hasn't for the longest time.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
A few more covid Notes. While variant hysteria reigns supreme actual daily Coronavirus numbers have decreased significantly across the globe since Jan 7. With daily cases now being way back to what they were in October. Its indisputable that global numbers of new cases are down for a whole 3 weeks and with a trajectory of going down further.

Moving onto the UK, the home of the "overwhelming variant" that is a "ticking timebomb" that will :explode case numbers", they have been in marked decline in daily numbers since January 8 peak, that was 68K cases in one day. For multiple days now they are now down to 30K cases, yesterday went down to 20K. Across all of the UK. Ground zero, haha.

Closer to home Canada peaked at 10K cases per day during the holiday season. We're now at a rolling average of 5K cases, with yesterday being 4K. Across the whole damn country.

This is the kind of information that a global cabal don't want you to see. Pfizer, Moderna, any other Pharma manufacturers or all the govts that paid billions for Vaccines or Covid relief don't want it seen either. It must be terrifying for some entities to see Covid #'s down so drastically, so soon after the latest doomsday prognostications.

Finally, just manufacture some f***ing N95 masks, please, anytime would be nice, and that would cost a fraction of what vaccines will, and with zero side effects.

We're 14 mths into a pandemic and the world still doesn't have N-95 masks, or at least Canada, doesn't have any, and hasn't for the longest time.
Didn't Junior sell a bunch of our N-95 masks stock to the Chinese early in the pandemic?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Didn't Junior sell a bunch of our N-95 masks stock to the Chinese early in the pandemic?

Yes, along with other Ppd supplies. I think the correct term is gave away. They also didn't rotate millions of bucks in ppd supplies and threw them in landfills instead prior to the pandemic. They bought tones, warehoused it, and everybody just let it sit there till it all expired. As if that wouldn't be better than what we got.

Canada also allowed the clearing of retail shelves within canada, by operatives that were shipping our retail stock around the world, under our noses. Which is why you couldn't find anything on the shelves for several months.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

My take is ICU specifically probably has around 80 severe ICU Covid cases that are just not going to recover ever, or anytime soon. Occupying ICU beds. Thats what I suspect is going on, and its hard to know what to do with that but if we're all just here holding our breath waiting for ICU cases to drop... I mean to put it into perspective we've achieved just greater than one ICU case reduction per day since cases started to recede around Dec 20, 2020. But keep fighting the good fight...WE got this by next year...maybe.

I posted a week ago that I figured that hospital numbers would drop about a 100 or so in the next week, and that’s pretty much what we’ve seen. A decent sized drop. Expecting another 150 person drop in the next 10 days or so, assuming daily case rates stay the same.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
China rolls out anal swab coronavirus tests, says it's more accurate | Toronto Sun

"Months-long lockdowns. Entire city populations herded through the streets for mandatory testing. The people of China could be forgiven for thinking they had seen it all during the coronavirus pandemic...

But now they face a new indignity: The addition of anal swabs — yes, you read that right — to the testing regimen for those in quarantine
."
That's what we call "takin' it up the ass."

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Not only did junior give the mask supply away, when it turned out we needed them, the Chinese forced us to pay a marked up price. Even with the agreed upon pricing, the Chinese still held Canadian shipments up to ransom out more money from the government when our orders were literally sitting on the tarmac to be loaded onto our cargo plans.

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
Not only did junior give the mask supply away, when it turned out we needed them, the Chinese forced us to pay a marked up price. Even with the agreed upon pricing, the Chinese still held Canadian shipments up to ransom out more money from the government when our orders were literally sitting on the tarmac to be loaded onto our cargo plans.
Do you have a solid source for this?

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
Yes, along with other Ppd supplies. I think the correct term is gave away. They also didn't rotate millions of bucks in ppd supplies and threw them in landfills instead prior to the pandemic. They bought tones, warehoused it, and everybody just let it sit there till it all expired. As if that wouldn't be better than what we got.

Canada also allowed the clearing of retail shelves within canada, by operatives that were shipping our retail stock around the world, under our noses. Which is why you couldn't find anything on the shelves for several months.
Source for this?

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
ICU actually went up. I mean I feel sad about that, I feel like its ridiculous too.

3.6% positivity, only 450 new cases, ICU goes up by 2.

We're getting there people...except in hospitals.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
ICU actually went up. I mean I feel sad about that, I feel like its ridiculous too.

3.6% positivity, only 450 new cases, ICU goes up by 2.

We're getting there people...except in hospitals.

Decrease of 140 people in hospital in the last week, that's significant, and should hopefully see a similar drop, if not more, in the next week. ICU is tough, feel terribly for those in that unit and for their families.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Decrease of 140 people in hospital in the last week, that's significant, and should hopefully see a similar drop, if not more, in the next week. ICU is tough, feel terribly for those in that unit and for their families.
That's a pretty substantial drop in hospitalizations for sure. Another weekly drop like that and we're well under 500.
If this keeps up, the CBC might let up on trashing us as to how we're handling the pandemic.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How's everyone's patience holding up?

tenor (4).gif

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Never EVER thought I'd say this 7-10 months ago...but I'm actually relieved that I'm living in the USA instead of Canada right now. USA might have a worse healthcare situation, but in reading this thread, it sounds as though Canada has the far worse governmental situation, which will ultimately affect healthcare in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad