OT: Coronavirus XXXIV: As 2021 Approaches, Hopefully The Worst Is Behind Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
tenor.gif

I’m sorry we were talking about chocolate?

Reactions: Oilhawks

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
They know who butters their bread.
I had been planning to picket them for a few days. But covid put paid to that idea. Has it been a year? Once I get my vaccine I’ll give you guys a heads up so you can come and throw tomatoes at me.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Anand; "That allows us to hit 30M Canadians"

Small quibble here but could highly paid professionals in the top positions in their profession use any more appropriate wording. You're in a position where strength of written and verbal statements is expected. Use a better word. just saying.

Also she states this, a ridiculous comment that defies description;

"But by the same token, there are peer countries that haven't begun vaccinating at all — Australia for example," she said.

With not even a qualifying that of course Australia wouldn't be facing the same urgency as Canada, and hardly any urgency at all. Their bankable game, as an isolated Island Continent nation is just to continue to pour efforts at borders and quarantines. Which is working fine there. Perhaps Anand conversely could acknowledge the seriousness of rollout in Canada as a life and health saving measure.

Moreso, Feds should look at all procurment to fast track innoculation to all Canadians. If theres a quicker way to do that, do it. I would also wonder how much of the Phizer vaccine with its -80 storage requirement is being distributed adequately and used as prescribed ideally. The world has been using this vaccine for months and I still haven't seen developing information one way or the other on what the efficacy of the vaccine is without the extremely rigid protocol being followed to a T.

Plus with more virulent variants already here, I would think that reasonably every step to get Canadians vaccinated asap ought be considered. Finally multiple prospective vaccines are one shot effective, which I would think should be a preferred mode of delivery and with more efficacy.

I imagine that Stephen Duckett would be taking credit for a lot of the decline in Australia but he, and a lot of others, have no idea what time of year it is down there.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad