OT: Coronavirus XXVIII: Vaccinations to Start Soon? Would You Take One By Years End?

Would You Take a COVID Vaccine by Year's End?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
With Pfizer going for emergency approval, would you take the Pfizer or other COVID vaccines by years end given the spike of cases in North America?
Ah, finally, some fresh canvas to paint on again!

As I've mentioned in the past, I wouldn't be one of the first in line for a couple reasons.

Firstly, I believe I am relatively healthy enough to be one of the ones that can wait till later. By years end, for sure.

Secondly, as I've mentioned before, I'd like to see how things go for a few months before dipping my toes in the vaccinated water.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I wouldn't get a vaccine yet
give them to the older more vulnerable people and front line workers

I'm younger and healthier and I'm willing to wait until spring/summer

Right with you. There's many more people that need it first and the first ration of it will be limited. Make sure all front line workers and vulnerable people get it first. Then those that aren't necessarily vulnerable but live with vulnerable people, followed those that may not be vulnerable but are most concerned.

Once there stock to deal with at least 50% of the population, then I might arrange for it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I would need to read the results, side effects, etc. before making that call. However as I see it with COVID being such a big issue in terms of long haul COVID even if you survive the virus, as the main bread winner for my family I cannot afford to fall ill if there is an option not to. I would probably take it as soon as it became available to me for this reason.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Right with you. There's many more people that need it first and the first ration of it will be limited. Make sure all front line workers and vulnerable people get it first. Then those that aren't necessarily vulnerable but live with vulnerable people, followed those that may not be vulnerable but are most concerned.

Once there stock to deal with at least 50% of the population, then I might arrange for it.

Good on you both. I am a higher risk and around people with higher risks than myself which is why I would opt to take mine as soon as it became available to me.

Reactions: oilers'72

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

Same boat here. It being rushed is kinda concerning too, but I can wait. I would take it though. I have no idea why I wouldn't. I would love if Air Travel companies made it mandatory (Sorry, not sorry).

Reactions: Little Fury

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
My in-laws would be considered relatively high risk so if the vaccine is available in wide quantities and shows no side effects, I'd take it.

Plus I want to go to a restaurant again.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
With Pfizer going for emergency approval, would you take the Pfizer or other COVID vaccines by years end given the spike of cases in North America?

I'll take it. I'm back n forth over the border all the time and I want to help do my part to bring this pandemic to its knees so I can get together with friends n family again, and recklessly drink copious amounts of rum to make up for the time lost in 2020

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If there were enough for everyone would you take one now?

I say we give it to all the protestors shutting down the railways and people protesting so they can burn and loot. If it screws up, many problems solved

WISE OLD BUCK SEND DOE OUT FROM FOREST INTO OPEN

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I say we give it to all the protestors shutting down the railways and people protesting so they can burn and loot. If it screws up, many problems solved

WISE OLD BUCK SEND DOE OUT FROM FOREST INTO OPEN

The short term data should be sussed out by now, it's the longer term stuff that is TBD. That said we know that some COVID cases lead to long term health issues so unless the vaccine's are worse than those I'd still take it if the risk is low and the protection is high.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Will have to see more details. If the vaccine is for already infected and critical patients or a preemptive one like the flu shot.

People under the age of 40 without any health conditions might be better off with a Covid positive than this vaccine.

Reactions: bone and nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Not until I’ve been given the opportunity to take an antibody test. I’m quite sure I have already had Covid, so I don’t want to take a rushed vaccine and suffer any of the possible negative effects if it isn’t necessary.

I also don’t fall into the high risk category. I think those who are more at risk should be given priority.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
same here

I mean, I go to my office everyday and shop for groceries and liquor...going to a restaurant is no different and easier
We need to keep the local drinking hole flowing. It’s one of the reasons I bought the house in Bonniedoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->