OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I mean, you kinda started the bend towards your political agenda
and have been banned before so..

No I've been threadbanned for calling people names. And this "bend" started back on page 34 before I got here and yet you're not harping on any of those posters.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I’m betting further restrictions will be put in place prior to Christmas. As the ICUs fill, more and more are going to miss their surgeries.

Reactions: Stoneman89

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
T minus 10 and counting......

tenor.gif

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I’m betting further restrictions will be put in place prior to Christmas. As the ICUs fill, more and more are going to miss their surgeries.

So why not just get ahead of it and put in the restrictions/lockdown now? The higher we allow the numbers to rise the harder it will be to mitigate and the longer it will take to mitigate. Foolish handling by Kenney.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Continuing the recent trend of the weekend numbers showing spikes so hopefully we see the corresponding dips for Monday-Thursday's numbers.

Using rolling 7 day averages in all areas:
  • cases up 2%
  • deaths show a single day spike but continue a general downward trend as seen in of 8 of the last 11 days
  • ICU up 6.5% continuing the trend of growing 4-8% daily over the last 6 days
  • Non-ICU Hospitalizations up 4.6% continuing the trend of at least 3% since early November
  • Active cases up 3.3%
  • Testing up a bit well (0.8%) but not up as much as the case count resulting in a small increase in positivity (7.7% from 7.6%).

Will be interesting to see what happens from here as today is another notable date with 7-12 students moving to learning from home.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
I think Diwali was one of the reasons for a large increase of cases in the south asian community. It's one of the major celebrations in the year for them and it occurred just before the restrictions on private gathering. People definitely had entire 20 people + parties going on.

Reactions: Dorian2

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Manitoba's been locked down for 3 weeks and their cases continue to be high

Because they waited too f***ing long to lockdown. And it probably has mitigated the cases from being even MORE of a sh** show. It's ALWAYS going to get to a point where you lockdown so why not do it when it's more manageable so the lockdown can be shorter in length?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Because they waited too f***ing long to lockdown. And it probably has mitigated the cases from being even MORE of a sh** show. It's ALWAYS going to get to a point where you lockdown so why not do it when it's more manageable so the lockdown can be shorter in length?
what happens after we lock down? does the virus magically disappear?

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think Diwali was one of the reasons for a large increase of cases in the south asian community. It's one of the major celebrations in the year for them and it occurred just before the restrictions on private gathering. People definitely had entire 20 people + parties going on.
Could be a reason why South Asian numbers are the highest in most of the big cities in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->