OT: Coronavirus XXIV: The Shit Has Hit the Fan in Europe Again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Have no idea what's happening anymore. Just too much negative news when it comes to the topic that it was affecting me on a personal level.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Have no idea what's happening anymore. Just too much negative news when it comes to the topic that it was affecting me on a personal level.

Do your best to keep you and your family safe, enjoy the little things in life and do your best to laugh as much as you can. These are not easy times but previous generations have faced much worse and we are here which shows that they overcame it.

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Time to all join Hands, sing, dance, and say our goodbyes and meet our maker.

:sarcasm:
:D

Yep, I recommend asking for a medicinal marijuana prescription after a Covid-19 diagnosis to watch this one. If your gonna die anyways, might as well be happy. :sarcasm:

Reactions: MesstoFace11

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

It was fun while it lasted.....

Since you brought up cowboys... :D

"Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride" Chris Ledoux

Stay safe everyone, we will get through this with better days to come!

Last edited:
Reactions: MesstoFace11

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Hopefully if things do get really bad someone leaves a tape recorder behind explaining what we're up against and if you're the one listening to this it means you're the last hope for human life on the Planet.

:sarcasm::D

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Hopefully if things do get really bad someone leaves a tape recorder behind explaining what we're up against and if you're the one listening to this it means you're the last hope for human life on the Planet.

:sarcasm::D
hqdefault.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure if the Statue of Liberty can communicate but then again expect the unexpected.
Symbolism is or isn't transcendent. It communicates, depends who is listening/viewing.

Kubrick envisioned this information tool; (this even before microsoft and the PC.
2001-monolith-apes.jpg

Easter Island posed this one for the inquisitive;

easter-island-statues-moai-Ahu-Akivi.jpg

Spinal tap offered this one;

upload_2020-10-26_13-17-17.jpeg

What do they all mean?

ps its monday, its all I got heh

Reactions: Dorian2

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Symbolism is or isn't transcendent. It communicates, depends who is listening/viewing.

Kubrick envisioned this information tool; (this even before microsoft and the PC.
2001-monolith-apes.jpg

View attachment 374407

When I see the Statue of Liberty in that position I interpret it as the world being up against something horrific but it doesn't explain what took place during the time period.

Best to leave a communication device explaining what occurred leading up to the end.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
When I see the Statue of Liberty in that position I interpret it as the world being up against something horrific but it doesn't explain what took place during the time period.

Best to leave a communication device explaining what occurred leading up to the end.

Words, music, numbers, text, pictures only communicate from our own perspective.

heh, a bit deep for a hockey board but communication with aliens or descendents, and how to do that is something not understood and that NASA has toyed with, but doesn't really know how to do. i'm not sure anybody understands much about how to do that, and as the Easter Island statues bear witness to. At best anything we leave is a lost message requiring some form of tranlation not necessarily had.

so what form of communication. What would the message be and how depicted. Thats kind of what I was jk about.

Stickman drawings of people blown up by a bomb. That probably would be the most accurate communication. Thousands of years later and we're back to drawings on stone walls being probably the best evocation of life and what went on before.

Stickman hockey drawings? Stickman Wayne Gretzky?

Pack of hockey cards?

I'm leaving a knob hockey game in a sealed capsule for aliens to discover and play with. Oilers vs Leafs players, just because.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
France Surrenders, hastily signs armistice.

Sorry, must resist. ;)

It was a collective of Paris, France doctors that had first admonished that there be no panic, that the virus was not much to be concerned about, and that they had the outbreak well in control in March and were on there way to vanquishing the enemy. I can't help but mention this irony now.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

2001-monolith-apes.jpg

Easter Island posed this one for the inquisitive;

easter-island-statues-moai-Ahu-Akivi.jpg

View attachment 374407

What do they all mean?

Spinal Tap reference always wins.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am waiting for the virus that is on those asteroid rocks were bringing back to Earth to grow.

That's when we will see the shit really hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad