OT: Coronavirus XVII: Second Wave? More Like a Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Guess this was predictable. Never any cohesive message from the top. Now it's just "deal with it" and we leave it up to researchers and health professionals to work tirelessly trying to save lives and come up with new treatments on the fly. Elderly can all just stay locked away and hope it ends soon and that their bubbles don't get virus in.

Very obvious to anyone paying attention that it did not have to be this way in the USA, but you can argue now that it's almost impossible to make up for all the mistakes made, starting all the way back in 2018 when CDC funding was being decimated, and so much more leading up to now. "Deal with it" is kinda all that's left at this point. The people in charge in the elected positions aren't changing any time soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: PerformanceMcOil

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Laugh, not my experience, but why do you think I am belittling primary healthcare? I am not, I am just describing how people die everywhere and addressing your opinion that people die bankrupted in the us. Google people starving to death on nhs wards. The CBC won’t say anything against the system in Canada, and the us media is making political hay for their party of choice in the us so your opinion is what your betters want you to believe.
It’s kinda pointless engaging you. There’s no good faith.
People in Canada don’t bankrupt themselves trying to survive health care issues, subject t to crazy exceptions..
Nor does health care starve the patients unless it’s with a view to humanitarian ends.
But I suspect you know this. Cause your mo is clear.
If it’s good faith. MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It’s kinda pointless engaging you. There’s no good faith.
People in Canada don’t bankrupt themselves trying to survive health care issues, subject t to crazy exceptions..
Nor does health care starve the patients unless it’s with a view to humanitarian ends.
But I suspect you know this. Cause your mo is clear.
If it’s good faith. MOD
Good faith? You don’t know the first thing about it. The us healthcare system isn’t perfect but characterizing it in the way you did, when they are currently literally giving their lives to fight this pandemic is beyond the pale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oilers'72

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Good faith? You don’t know the first thing about it. The us healthcare system isn’t perfect but characterizing it in the way you did, when they are currently literally giving their lives to fight this pandemic is beyond the pale.
Whoosh.
I thought you were funnin me.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What ever happened to that guy that did degenerative disease vs genetics statistics that applied his amazing genius to conclude the USA was already near herd immunity back in mid-May?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

You know, for years I used to resent people that would crap on US citizens and thought that many of them were just assholes that would hold it against all of us that we had assclowns representing our country politically. Well at this point I throw my f***ing hands up, I didnt agree with the timing of the protests even though I understood the rationale behind them for those that werent just there to loot and disturb the peace. But this giant gathering of raging hormones with no distance or masks anywhere to be found is just f***ing Looney Toons. Literally those of us that have been careful, mindful of others, worn masks, kept distancing and have not been visiting friends and family just to see all of these big groups of people while the USA is seeing COVID run rampant is disgusting. I always thought that we had more than our share of idiots here in Hawaii and that many of them came from outside of Hawaii ie. California, but it looks like I seriously sold them short compared to the dip shits elsewhere in the US. Wake the f*** up you morons.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You know, for years I used to resent people that would crap on US citizens and thought that many of them were just assholes that would hold it against all of us that we had assclowns representing our country politically. Well at this point I throw my f***ing hands up, I didnt agree with the timing of the protests even though I understood the rationale behind them for those that werent just there to loot and disturb the peace. But this giant gathering of raging hormones with no distance or masks anywhere to be found is just f***ing Looney Toons. Literally those of us that have been careful, mindful of others, worn masks, kept distancing and have not been visiting friends and family just to see all of these big groups of people while the USA is seeing COVID run rampant is disgusting. I always thought that we had more than our share of idiots here in Hawaii and that many of them came from outside of Hawaii ie. California, but it looks like I seriously sold them short compared to the dip shits elsewhere in the US. Wake the f*** up you morons.
The thing people like that don't understand...and like they complain that they lost some of their lives being locked up for months etc. But doing shit like that literally means the time you spent being distant is literally wasted because you have created a massive surge in cases.

We kind of saw it here on Canada with Canada Day. "This is Canada Day, you can't tell me I can't celebrate like I normally can". People think partying is some good given right and their right to party is more important than anyone's life.

And you are right. It's insulting to all those who couldn't see sick loved ones or had to stay away from family for their safety.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Target, lol. Still laughing about that attempt in the Canadian market. What a fail that Canadian experiment was.

Heres a kicker that you know a store is flat out stupid. At the MWTC location they figure the top floor should be the grocery store. So that they had to retrofit a shopping cart escalator (escalators already existed but had to be completely redesigned) to move shopping carts up and down. At first people didn't know how to use them, as we'd never seen an escalator for shopping carts. People were doing it wrong. Wish I had taken pictures. It was like stupid store world.

I mean in a target, there was just junk on the first floor anyway, not like they were selling high priced items there on empty shelves. More confusing is some dry goods were on first floor, frozen groceries and milk, dairy, meat, produce other dry goods were on second floor. You had to navigate all over two floors looking just for groceries. We tried it a couple times more for a laugh than anything. We wanted the fail experience just see how wrong they could possibly get things. A common refrain was shoppers going through stating. Gee this store sucks.
Didn’t somebody in Edmonton have shopping cart escalators in the past? I could swear I remember them as a kid in the seventies shopping in Londonderry Mall. Been so long but I think it was Woolco.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Didn’t somebody in Edmonton have shopping cart escalators in the past? I could swear I remember them as a kid in the seventies shopping in Londonderry Mall. Been so long but I think it was Woolco.
I remember that being at the Wal-Mart (currently Simons). This was around 2001.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The thing people like that don't understand...and like they complain that they lost some of their lives being locked up for months etc. But doing shit like that literally means the time you spent being distant is literally wasted because you have created a massive surge in cases.

We kind of saw it here on Canada with Canada Day. "This is Canada Day, you can't tell me I can't celebrate like I normally can". People think partying is some good given right and their right to party is more important than anyone's life.

And you are right. It's insulting to all those who couldn't see sick loved ones or had to stay away from family for their safety.

And it could lead to longer lockdowns, more lives lost, more jobs and small businesses lost, etc. Just f***ing brainless.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007

oh were those the ones with no steps? Just a smooth surface you can ride up n down on a fixed grade??

The Enjoy Centre currently has the shopping cart escalators you’re describing.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I never went to Londonderry as a kid. That would have been the farthest section of the City away from Jasper Place where I grew up.

On the particular Target shopping cart escalator thing you had to position the cart on one flat escalator that had struts on it that would catch the wheels. You rode up side saddle on an adjacent flat escalator. A lot of people were confused naturally thinking you ride with the shopping cart. It was non intuitive.

Heritage Mall had I think the first flat escalators in the City. Can't remember if that was Eatons, Zellers Kmart or when they put those in there. So long ago. I remember them being there. I loved that Mall. I was working for a masonry company at the time that did all the brickwork. Even the foodcourt in there was also brick, brick waterfall etc. That Mall was like an ode to brick, natural wood finishes. Really preferred the look of it to todays glitzy shiny malls with mirrors that look like a shopping disco.

edit possibly it was Heritage Mall Woolco that had the first flat escalator, but it wasn't a shopping cart escalator. Just a flat conveyor belt. It was a bit of an odd one. If a heavy person got on or off the thing kind of lurched reflecting the weight..

Heres a blast in the past about the beautiful Heritage Mall, such a shame it was demolished.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->