OT: Coronavirus XVII: Second Wave? More Like a Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If it's nothing to do with race, why did you even mention "black man"? Why not just "man"?

I thought the question immediately before that sentence made it clear I was questioning that narrative.

My apologies, I had a clearer post on the topic that was modded. I have asked why but haven't received a response so I'm not sure if even this reply will get deleted.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Older generations will just find a new way to vilify youth.

Rock and roll, MTV, arcades, videogames.

You would think the aging population would be more self-aware that this conversation of "youth having their minds rotted" is as old as time itself.

That being said, whoever uses Tik Tok is a social menace. :laugh:

It's funny as we get older, how it seems the generation older than us don't understand or respect us, and the generation younger than us are just idiots. It doesn't really change as you age, just more groups that are idiots as you get older. ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
My god. How ridiculous. That Country is beyond hopeless.

IMO the single biggest issue with the country is the health care system. It has taken so many families life savings that it is beyond ridiculous. Basically only the richest of the rich are guaranteed not to lose their home or life savings if things go sideways for them or their family health wise.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
IMO the single biggest issue with the country is the health care system. It has taken so many families life savings that it is beyond ridiculous. Basically only the richest of the rich are guaranteed not to lose their home or life savings if things go sideways for them or their family health wise.
Everybody dies and you can’t take it with you.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Everybody dies and you can’t take it with you.

I agree but I would like to leave what I have worked hard for my whole life to my children to hopefully allow them to have an easier life than Ive had and not just have that $ go to pad profits even more for HMOs.

Reactions: LaGu

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Not sure what this means. Spending every penny you have on health care is the marker of a great society? Not a bad thing?
It’s pretty standard to spend every penny you have to extend your life. And that’s what happens. Unless you are in a socialized medicine country where they starve you to death.

Reactions: oilers'72

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
It’s pretty standard to spend every penny you have to extend your life. And that’s what happens. Unless you are in a socialized medicine country where they starve you to death.
Nevermind, not worth it.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I’m in Canada. I’m pretty sure if I go to the hospital :
1) I won’t have to pay
2) I won’t be starved to death.

Don’t know where you live but if that’s what you are facing, I’d suggest getting outta there and going to a place where the society puts a little more emphasis on everyone’s health care.
Just a crazy thought.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I’m in Canada. I’m pretty sure if I go to the hospital :
1) I won’t have to pay
2) I won’t be starved to death.

Don’t know where you live but if that’s what you are facing, I’d suggest getting outta there and going to a place where the society puts a little more emphasis on everyone’s health care.
Just a crazy thought.
Well perhaps you need to find out how things work. Even in Canada.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Hat is starting to creep up there now. The highest active cases we ever had was 8 at any given time. We were actually at zero for about four or five days but we've shot up to nine in about a week. I know nine cases doesn't seem like a lot but it's because how generally low things were for three months here then in the span of a week we went from zero active to nine.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
CNN: the most trusted name in news.
cppndepg1s851.jpg

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
True. They definitely have more than they say but if it was massively bad we would hear something about it, and then that person would get vanished. I haven't heard or seen anything so it must at be in some level of control

The CCP lying is laughable with a quick look at the numbers. The actual fatality rates from the virus in China could be 2,000 times higher than official reports and China would still have 'some level of control'.

On April 17th China revised their totals to report 4,632 deaths from the virus.

What is the number of deaths China is reporting today, 79 days later? Per worldometers China is reporting 4,634 deaths from the virus.

That's right. In the last 2 1/2 months China claims that only two people have died from the virus in the country. China has a population of 1.4 billion people. If China reported 4,000 deaths from the virus in the last 2 1/2 months they would still have fewer total deaths from the virus than Canada has experienced.

I think China's casualties from the virus are at least double what the CCP is reporting and likely much higher than that. No, we won't hear anything that the CCP doesn't want us to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Well perhaps you need to find out how things work. Even in Canada.
I live in Canada.
People here are not starved to death in hospitals unless they choose to do so. Or if there is no hope
And one does not need to bankrupt oneself for medical care. But maybe you think that’s a bad thing. I dunno.
You may want to educate yourself. But I doubt that is the problem. This is just your m.o.

Reactions: Leo360

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Canadas Medical health system is broken. Poorly managed, bureaucratic and inefficient. For dollar cost in terms of tax funding we get little for it. Need an operation? Too bad. Need heart surgery to save you life, too bad. you can plead with doctors, cry in front of them and family and your children and no dice "non essential" go home and die. Exactly what happened to a person here who could not get a life saving operation because he was told all those empty beds were reserved for MIA Covid patients.

Corbella: Alberta man died from the lockdown, not COVID-19 | Calgary Herald

Its routine here in Canada to wait 1-2 years for procedures. If you happen to die in that time or your body falls apart waiting for medical intervention, oh, well, that makes room for somebody else to get the modicum of services delivered here.

AHS as well botched this severely. Due to this we're several months behind on elective surgeries.

Special mention to so many of the Covid cases being Health care professionals that caught Covid 19 off work while at Curling Bonspiels, conferences and soirees while stressing the importance to everybody else of distancing and isolation and following protocols on gatherings.

The thing is in Canada many people never really get the healthcare they require. Or at least in a timely fashion that could have made a difference. Our health care system is poorly ranked.

Why Canada’s ‘best’ health-care system just got ranked last — again

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/health-care-1.5170948

Last edited:

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I live in Canada.
People here are not starved to death in hospitals unless they choose to do so. Or if there is no hope
And one does not need to bankrupt oneself for medical care. But maybe you think that’s a bad thing. I dunno.
You may want to educate yourself. But I doubt that is the problem. This is just your m.o.
Laugh, not my experience, but why do you think I am belittling primary healthcare? I am not, I am just describing how people die everywhere and addressing your opinion that people die bankrupted in the us. Google people starving to death on nhs wards. The CBC won’t say anything against the system in Canada, and the us media is making political hay for their party of choice in the us so your opinion is what your betters want you to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->