Coronavirus Thread - mod note post 23 & 541

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For any PS4 owners jonesing for some virtual hockey, the PlayStation store has NHL 20 on sale for $23.99 at the moment.

But I hear there's a glitch. You play 85 percent of the season, and it locks up. #IntendedFeature #Realism #JustKidding

Reactions: Konnan511

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For any PS4 owners jonesing for some virtual hockey, the PlayStation store has NHL 20 on sale for $23.99 at the moment.

But I hear there's a glitch. You play 85 percent of the season, and it locks up. #IntendedFeature #Realism #JustKidding

I haven't picked one of those up in years. How do you find it? I got a little tired of setting up the same handful of dangles to beat the AI goalie. And the GM mode seemed bare bones compared to the part where they want you to buy packs of hockey cards, which... is the worst.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I haven't picked one of those up in years. How do you find it? I got a little tired of setting up the same handful of dangles to beat the AI goalie. And the GM mode seemed bare bones compared to the part where they want you to buy packs of hockey cards, which... is the worst.
I could link the digital copy for purchase, but I don't know if that's against the HF terms of service.

Google PlayStation store; in the store, there's a search window where you can just type in NHL, and I'm sure one of the suggested hits will be the game on sale.

Or, anybody interested can PM me and I'll send you the direct link.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If anyone has Steam and plays hockey mode in Rocket League, get at your boy. Or Half Dead 2. Or Stardew Valley.
<---- Steam name

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I could link the digital copy for purchase, but I don't know if that's against the HF terms of service.

Google PlayStation store; in the store, there's a search window where you can just type in NHL, and I'm sure one of the suggested hits will be the game on sale.

Or, anybody interested can PM me and I'll send you the direct link.

Thanks, dude. Do you like the game? Like I said I haven't kept up with the series since it was on Xbox 360. Pretty sure the last one I played was NHL 13.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Thanks, dude. Do you like the game? Like I said I haven't kept up with the series since it was on Xbox 360. Pretty sure the last one I played was NHL 13.
To be completely honest, I think I actually like buying PS4 games more than playing them. Well, that and having three kids who eradicate the vast majority of my free time. The last hockey game I bought was NHL 17 or 18.

My real jam was way back on Super Nintendo, with NHLPA 93. My brother always played as the Rangers, and I was the Habs. Had to declare wraparound goals off-limits, or it would've been a race to 20 each time. Then we also played NHL HITZ on GameCube, where everything was 3-on-3 with settings for speed and physical play maxed out.

The more modern hockey games slow things down to be more realistic, but the AI on defense is vastly improved, so anything beyond easy difficulty is a challenge for me.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Noticed the price is dipping. Debating getting a PS4. Quality Blu-ray player and I can use the ESPN+ app.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Recent news suggests that gas stations are a frequent possible site of contamination, with everybody touching the pumps.

MacGyver workaround: Buy a $2 box of generic Ziploc bags, and put one on your hand each time you stop for gas.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Recent news suggests that gas stations are a frequent possible site of contamination, with everybody touching the pumps.

MacGyver workaround: Buy a $2 box of generic Ziploc bags, and put one on your hand each time you stop for gas.

just douse your hands in gasoline after you're done filling up. Duh.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
edit: never mind, not really pertinent to anything being discussed or to the topic of the thread.

Last edited:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I would say then at that price it's probably worth it especially given the circumstances. I'm in a similar boat as you, got tired of paying full price for a roster update every year. I usually just wait 6 months and get them second hand for 1/4 the price. That being said there have been some noticeable improvements this year. The AI is decent all things considered and the skating and contact mechanics are actually quite good. It's been helping tide me over with no hockey happening. One thing to note is you're probably going to want to turn the penalties waaaaaayyyyy down otherwise you'll be spending entire periods on the PP/PK which gets old quick.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
You missed the second step of lighting them on fire. I heard the virus doesn’t like heat.
giphy.gif

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

I took a page out of your book and wrapped the plastic bag I had my lunch in around my hand to pump gas today. I got some looks but at this point I'm going with the "by any means necessary" approach to avoiding this caca.

It's pretty dire in this area. The TCF Center (former Cobo Hall) is being converted into a field hospital. Detroit's police chief is laid up with the virus. Hospitals are recruiting any able-bodied person remotely qualified to help out their over-taxed staff.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I took a page out of your book and wrapped the plastic bag I had my lunch in around my hand to pump gas today. I got some looks but at this point I'm going with the "by any means necessary" approach to avoiding this caca.

In 6 weeks everyone will be outside in garbage bags.

Reactions: RabidBadger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad