Coronavirus Thread - mod note post 23 & 541

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Italy is in the worst situation, there are more fatalities to Corona than in China.

75000 people got virus in Italy, with total 60 and a half million people. It's about 1 percent. Most got well and panic like it is end of the world
Yes there is a virus but the government's from around the world try to spin the story

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
that bothered me long before the coronavirus.
This is going to be gross, and I have no idea why my buddy was proud of this, he's married and has kids (though at the time he wasn't);

At a Tigers game he said he went #1 next to Draper and #33 didn't wash his hands. My buddy said he ended up shaking his hand later outside so he got to touch Drapes President Johnson.

I don't know.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
This is going to be gross, and I have no idea why my buddy was proud of this, he's married and has kids (though at the time he wasn't);

At a Tigers game he said he went #1 next to Draper and #33 didn't wash his hands. My buddy said he ended up shaking his hand later outside so he got to touch Drapes President Johnson.

I don't know.

Strange tangent

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Ohioans just got the order to stay home today. I went for takeout today, trying to throw some money at a local business, and it seemed a lot of people around me were already staying home. Passed a coupe of groups of kids standing around doing nothing in parking lots, everything was a lot quieter than normal. Got my daughter a kid's meal from BK, and the lady in the drive through was taking money using a plastic food bin.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Ohioans just got the order to stay home today. I went for takeout today, trying to throw some money at a local business, and it seemed a lot of people around me were already staying home. Passed a coupe of groups of kids standing around doing nothing in parking lots, everything was a lot quieter than normal. Got my daughter a kid's meal from BK, and the lady in the drive through was taking money using a plastic food bin.

I'm assuming Michigan isn't far behind then. Whitmer and DeWine have been operating largely in lock-step on this.

Reactions: Winger98

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Skyrocketing because tests are starting. It's going to take a few days of testing to start to see patterns.
Numbers increasing in my county, Whatcom WA, outbreak in a nursing facility. It's not just testing, it's spreading as well. We just went from 2 to 58 in a week, and tests have been available here due to the outbreak in Seattle area.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Numbers increasing in my county, Whatcom WA, outbreak in a nursing facility. It's not just testing, it's spreading as well. We just went from 2 to 58 in a week, and tests have been available here due to the outbreak in Seattle area.

Right. I'm not saying it's not spreading. I'm saying the SPREAD + the addition of WAY more testing means that numbers are jumping maybe more than they should.
They were artificially low because of a lack of testing.
So instead of going from 270 to 900, they're going from 80 to 900.

That kind of number matters when everyone's goal is to "flatten the curve"

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
My family member tested negative for COVID-19. She was diagnosed with viral meningitis instead. She'll take it.

People must be staying home here in AZ even without mandates. A lot less traffic on the roads the past week. I'll be working from home as soon as I can get internet hooked up.

Washing my hands like a fiend.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
My family member tested negative for COVID-19. She was diagnosed with viral meningitis instead. She'll take it.

People must be staying home here in AZ even without mandates. A lot less traffic on the roads the past week. I'll be working from home as soon as I can get internet hooked up.

Washing my hands like a fiend.

Congrats on having meningitis? Hope she gets better quick. Not exactly a fun thing to have.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Happy to hear that... kind of. Having had viral meningitis years ago, it can be pretty nasty, too. Had nausea and a headache so bad I ended up in the ER getting IV morphine. Never fun when the lining of your brain is literally inflamed.

Congrats on having meningitis?

New Hallmark card.

Last edited:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Never thought I would say it, but I miss arguing about whether AA is good for our team or not, or whether we should have kept Hossa over Franzen!

Whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves!

Britain went into lockdown last night, the government have been drip feeding the controls day by day, but the country is ready for it now. We're about 2 weeks behind Italy, so deaths are going to go up and up in the next 2 weeks.

I'm classed by the government as a key worker (pharmaceuticals), but also a vulnerable group (asthma), so....working from home.....for now.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I take no issue with the increased controls to flatten the curve. I just want common courtesy restored to grocery shopping. Everybody I've been around has been polite and helpful; it's the hoarders that frustrate everybody else.

Please just get what your household needs for a couple weeks, and let everybody else do the same. There's no gold medal for buying six months worth of toilet paper, chicken breasts, and frozen veggies.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I take no issue with the increased controls to flatten the curve. I just want common courtesy restored to grocery shopping. Everybody I've been around has been polite and helpful; it's the hoarders that frustrate everybody else.

Please just get what your household needs for a couple weeks, and let everybody else do the same. There's no gold medal for buying six months worth of toilet paper, chicken breasts, and frozen veggies.

Hoarders are infuriating. They set the pace and make others worry. They're also leaving healthier options on the shelf which is ironic. Wouldn't you want to remain healthy on lockdown.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Hoarders are infuriating. They set the pace and make others worry. They're also leaving healthier options on the shelf which is ironic. Wouldn't you want to remain healthy on lockdown.

Healthy food usually equals fresh which has a limited shelf life. Other than frozen fruit/veg. Most people don't really think about health when thinking of food anyway.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Healthy food usually equals fresh which has a limited shelf life. Other than frozen fruit/veg. Most people don't really think about health when thinking of food anyway.

I'm referring to canned goods. Went to Fry's a week back. Canned aisle wiped clean save for diced tomatoes and sodium free foods. A very selective panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad