News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
So uh if im loosing 30% or greater month over month and I have to add 25% to my employees wages to top them up to the 75% and I have to do this monthly with the CRA to keep that 75% while continuing to lose 30% or greater month over month..

Yeah im packing up shop and putting my employees on layoffs cause unlike the gov I need 100% revenue to keep a float
just access your money tree

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah most likely too late at this point, but it's a good point to remember for the future. Maybe start the idea of using masks for those who have symptoms even for the regular flu starting next flu season. It will catch on by the time the next pandemic inevitably happens.

I think culturally it would be difficult day to day when there is no overt reason to wear a mask but once they start making masks for the general public I wouldn’t be surprised if many homes have a box of them in storage for the “next one” as you say.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
To me this is really the only type of mortality rate that I'm interested in seeing, seeing the increase in overall death rates in a regions vs comparable periods. I shouldn't say interested, as I'd rather not, but you know what I mean.

Some numbers here.

Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Is Far Higher Than Reported

Some 85 people died in the whole of last year in Coccaglio, a town near Brescia of 8,700 residents. In March of this year alone, the town’s main church bell has sounded the death knell 56 times. Only 12 of the deaths were officially attributed to the coronavirus.

Nowhere in Italy has been harder hit than Bergamo, a city of about 120,000 people. In March 2019, 125 people died in the city. This March, 553 people died. Of these, 201 deaths were officially attributed to the virus. This leaves 352 further deaths for the period, far higher than normal.

In the wider Bergamo province, which comprises the city and more than 240 small towns and has a total population of 1.1 million, 2,060 people died in March from the virus. But some 4,500 more people died in the province in March than a year earlier, according to a new joint study by the local Eco di Bergamo newspaper and research firm InTwig that took data from 91 towns in the province.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
USA numbers are getting scary. 26k new cases, over 1k deaths reported today. Sadly, half those deaths were in just 1 city, New York.

When this is over, there will be time to analyse the true impact. I didn't know before the last thread on here that H1N1 only had ~3k lab confirmed deaths. Later it was estimated up to 12.5k. For COVID-19, especially with the lack of testing early on, I imagine there were many deaths written off in the USA alone as being caused by flu-like symptoms and there was never a chance to know if the patient had COVID-19 or not.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
USA numbers are getting scary. 26k new cases, over 1k deaths reported today. Sadly, half those deaths were in just 1 city, New York.

When this is over, there will be time to analyse the true impact. I didn't know before the last thread on here that H1N1 only had ~3k lab confirmed deaths. Later it was estimated up to 12.5k. For COVID-19, especially with the lack of testing early on, I imagine there were many deaths written off in the USA alone as being caused by flu-like symptoms and there was never a chance to know if the patient had COVID-19 or not.

Mexico and Brazil are going to be interesting countries to monitor with many not showing care and having large populations.

Won't take much to have things get out of hand.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...861a16-744d-11ea-85cb-8670579b863d_story.html

Fauci has become a public target for some right-wing commentators and bloggers, who exercise influence over parts of the president’s base. As they press for the president to ease restrictions to reinvigorate economic activity, some of these figures have assailed Fauci and questioned his expertise.

Last month, an article depicting him as an agent of the “deep state” gained nearly 25,000 interactions on Facebook — meaning likes, comments and shares — as it was posted to large pro-Trump groups with titles such as “Trump Strong” and “Tampa Bay Trump Club.”

giphy.gif

Now would be a great time for the American people as a whole to get behind the scientific community working towards dealing with this crisis.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Except the scientific consensus is that the virus wasn't created in a lab, and now my Youtube algorithm is all f***ed up after clicking the video.
He's not saying it was created in a lab...lol

He said they were studying bat coronavirus' there when one or several lab techs were exposed from blood and/or urine.

Your algorithm is all f'd up....lmao. Man you made me laugh! :biglaugh:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Except the scientific consensus is that the virus wasn't created in a lab, and now my Youtube algorithm is all f***ed up after clicking the video.

Nothing like right wing conspiracy theory shit to ruin your Youtube recommendations.

The entire scientific community is staring at this thing. They've isolated it, individually, all over the world now. It's genetically similar to bat coronaviruses. There's NO reason to doubt that conventional theory that a pangolin was the intermediate in spreading the disease from bat to person because nobody credible or informed is doubting that.

There are 6 other known Coronaviruses with human cross-tranmission and all six of them have spread. There are hundreds of Coronaviruses overall. This is just the first dangerous one to occur at a time when we were least prepared to contain it.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He's not saying it was created in a lab...lol

He said they were studying bat coronavirus' there when one or several lab techs were exposed from blood and/or urine.

Your algorithm is all f'd up....lmao. Man you made me laugh! :biglaugh:

The only thing is I'm a little discouraged by the date the video was published (elaborate and sick April Fools?). Though it's kind of odd that it says it was published today yet his pinned post (his own) says its from a day ago.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
The only thing is I'm a little discouraged by the date the video was published (elaborate and sick April Fools?). Though it's kind of odd that it says it was published today yet his pinned post (his own) says its from a day ago.
No it's not April fools joke

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
@jumptheshark

I wonder sometimes who drives those underground things.

When the consensus from those in leadership roles in North America...is to advise the populace to socially distance for the month of April, then that is what they/we need to follow. At the end of April decisions will need to be made. Hopefully they are preparing. Till then, the people I know help deliver supplies to those who are elderly and advised to stay inside. Just leave it on the stoop or toss it to them with a smile and a quick long distance chat (it is cold). Very rewarding.

Take this month to help someone who is socially isolated. Face Time is a good thing. Pick up a phone. It's very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad