Coronavirus/NHL Suspension Talk

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I'm pretty grateful my son's school district is still doing distance learning.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I agree with your overall point but New Zealand isn’t really comparable to many other countries, it’s so far away from everything, the population density is incredibly low outside of Auckland and they were one of the last countries to encounter cases so were able to watch and learn from what the rest of the world was already going through.

Also there are community transmissions in New Zealand again. Not many but they are there. The reason there were 100 days or whatever between community transmission is because the testing of border staff was so bad.
the location argument doesn't really work when you look at countries like vietnam and taiwan which are not island nations, are both densely populated, and have also gotten the pandemic under control

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We need Zegras hype content
After seeing that Instagram post - this is Z in 2020 and in 2018

cover6.jpg

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Is that him hanging out with a bunch of friends without a mask? Cool, very cool.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
And?

It's pretty worrisome that not only is he stupid enough to do that but he is stupid enough to post it online. I really really really hope there are other mitigating circumstances behind it, because if not, it's really disappointing.
Yes very stupid every other kid in that picture is a top prospect

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
lmao, 7 billion people in the world, low mortality rate. Let the kid live and have some fun. I went tubing this weekend down a lazy river with a group of 15, relax.
This is such a pathetic response. A million people lose their lives and this is how much people care. God this sucks.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yes very stupid every other kid in that picture is a top prospect
Listen, you can still love zegras on the ice and criticize stupid things off the ice, it's ok. If you can't admit that it is really stupid and dangerous, I don't really know what to say.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
regardless of how you feel about the virus, its better to be safe than sorry when it comes the teams best prospect and yeah it was stupid. That said as long as they keeping to themselfs amongst each other and not passing it onto others outside their circle they should be fine but still shouldn't have done it but whats done is done and can only hope no one gets sick.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It’s super creepy for an instagram post from a 19 year old prospect to work up this kind of response on a message board. Super weird
Of all the emotional responses to critique i think it's weird that this is the one that you call out. This board gets more upset at players f***ing up on the powerplay than being irresponsible during a pandemic. Go figure.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Of all the emotional responses to critique i think it's weird that this is the one that you call out. This board gets more upset at players f***ing up on the powerplay than being irresponsible during a pandemic. Go figure.
It’s an instagram post. It’s not that deep

You’re on a ducks message board. Not a Covid response board. Go figure we get more upset about the power play?

Oct 18, 2011
lmao, 7 billion people in the world, low mortality rate. Let the kid live and have some fun. I went tubing this weekend down a lazy river with a group of 15, relax.
What data are you basing the "low mortality rate" off of? Letting these kids "have fun" is why schools and especially colleges are having outbreaks because people cant be bothered to adjust their way of living for a little while

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Yeah, perhaps we could maybe *acknowledge* the reality hockey exists in right now? Yes, he's a teenager, but even if on this vaunted hockey board we only care about hockey and absolutely nothing else, then it's still kind of important to not get miniature outbreaks started amongst teams. That might interfere just a bit with plans to begin the next season, right?

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Latest CDC report (from 2-1-2020 to 8-15-2020), ages 15-24 bracket have a 99.832% survival rate. I put the numbers in excel to get the percentages. I'd be far more worried about our elderly coaches than our youthful prospects, tbh. Yeah, it's careless to be out in big groups, but if your big group is constant, then it's like a mini bubble. Do we follow the science or not?
"Science" is whatever fits the agenda in the case of COVID. Plenty of scientists out there, with almost as many scientific conclusions.

Reactions: Dmang714

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
And?

It's pretty worrisome that not only is he stupid enough to do that but he is stupid enough to post it online. I really really really hope there are other mitigating circumstances behind it, because if not, it's really disappointing.
Maybe he read the Duke study on the effectiveness of masks and gave it more credibility than what we've been told by Fauci and Birx. Or maybe he's just a college kid who wants to have fun and meet girls.

Reactions: Dmang714

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad