Coronavirus in Football

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
It was a mistake, but that's based on data modelling..and coming up with a number of 41 (not 40, not 42) from a computer model is a remarkable show of faith in your model that makes me a bit skeptical. If you're going to make that 41 claim you better come up with 41 names.

It bears emphasis that one of the groups involved in the modelling are our old friends at Imperial College, London, of '500,000 deaths without lockdown; no wait, 250,000; no wait, just inviting my blonde over for a shag' fame.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
CPL hoping to do their whole season in P.E.I. Individual workouts should be starting soon @ team facilities.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Stating the obvious I'm sure, but the shutdown really affected some teams/players. Very interesting to see some of the changes in fortune as a result. Too bad really as I think many of the stories out there were really interested before the interruption.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Argentina league news... teams are back in training Monday and a bunch of players have tested positive.

Alvarez
Almada
Almendra
Bustos

To name a few.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Because today is the day were teams are allowed to train together and in the past few days numerous of players have tested positive. Clearly the country isn't ready for this.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Scottish Football has had two ridiculous stunts pulled... Aberdeen and Celtic the culprits. Is it a lack of education? Is it arrogance? What is it that causes these professionals to put their entire league at risk?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Scottish Football has had two ridiculous stunts pulled... Aberdeen and Celtic the culprits. Is it a lack of education? Is it arrogance? What is it that causes these professionals to put their entire league at risk?
The PM has a fancy degree from Oxford he shook the hands of everyone to get the virus.

Reactions: S E P H

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I think in this context, 'education' refers more to education related to the virus specifically, rather than academic education.

In London, which, lest we forget, is the home of the highly educated, sophisticated, cosmopolitan, young, beautiful, intelligent people - as opposed to the Brexity, racist, troglodytes who inhabit the rest of the UK (source: London Twitter), so many people have absorbed the message 'wear a mask' without paying attention to the small print of, 'if you wear a mask, there are certain dos and don'ts you need to observe concerning how you wear it, and what you do with it afterwards, otherwise to a large extent you may as well shove the thing up your arse for all the good you're doing'.

For example, people are begged not to pull their masks down over their chins. But if you take the latter action, it's easier to babble inanities into your mobile phone - and sacrificing our ability to spend every second of our lives chained to our phones is one liberty that most of the population would fight to the last breath to preserve. (Rest assured, there remain those who fail to observe social distancing for an inability to look where they are walking because their eyes are fixed on the holy relic that is a gift of the corporate telecommunication gods).

The other day, in the same supermarket where I saw a mask left in a shopping basket, a bloke was queuing for tabs with his wallet in one hand, his mobile in the other and his mask clasped firmly between his teeth.

And the second a chance came to grab a pint, the crowds of beautiful, intelligent, cosmopolitan young people in Soho thronged in such numbers they barely stopped short of forming a human pyramid.

What it fundamentally boils down to, is the simple sentiment, 'I think social distancing is a really good idea - for everyone except me.'

The tendency of footballers to uncontrollable libido only exacerbates the wider societal conflict between lofty social media slogans and what people get up to in the world of flesh and blood when the whim grips them.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
CPL starts today in PEI. The league has successfully bubbled up and every player, coach, staff, and media member has gotten two negative tests back!

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think in this context, 'education' refers more to education related to the virus specifically, rather than academic education.

In London, which, lest we forget, is the home of the highly educated, sophisticated, cosmopolitan, young, beautiful, intelligent people - as opposed to the Brexity, racist, troglodytes who inhabit the rest of the UK (source: London Twitter), so many people have absorbed the message 'wear a mask' without paying attention to the small print of, 'if you wear a mask, there are certain dos and don'ts you need to observe concerning how you wear it, and what you do with it afterwards, otherwise to a large extent you may as well shove the thing up your arse for all the good you're doing'.

For example, people are begged not to pull their masks down over their chins. But if you take the latter action, it's easier to babble inanities into your mobile phone - and sacrificing our ability to spend every second of our lives chained to our phones is one liberty that most of the population would fight to the last breath to preserve. (Rest assured, there remain those who fail to observe social distancing for an inability to look where they are walking because their eyes are fixed on the holy relic that is a gift of the corporate telecommunication gods).

The other day, in the same supermarket where I saw a mask left in a shopping basket, a bloke was queuing for tabs with his wallet in one hand, his mobile in the other and his mask clasped firmly between his teeth.

And the second a chance came to grab a pint, the crowds of beautiful, intelligent, cosmopolitan young people in Soho thronged in such numbers they barely stopped short of forming a human pyramid.

What it fundamentally boils down to, is the simple sentiment, 'I think social distancing is a really good idea - for everyone except me.'

The tendency of footballers to uncontrollable libido only exacerbates the wider societal conflict between lofty social media slogans and what people get up to in the world of flesh and blood when the whim grips them.
And to your musings I may add that a Seahawks player tried to dress a woman up to look like a player so he could get her into the hotel. He has since been released.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Tbf if Pogba didn’t got it now, he would’ve caught it from Sweden for sure, they’ve done jackshit to stop the virus, watch most of France Team catch it now.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->