Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Well i believe everyone has done a great job under the circumstances. We can walk with our head up on this thing because of how everyone bought in to doing their share. We need to continue doing that. The understanding of the virus today was not the same 6 weeks ago. This thing is deadly and we will do ok

We have done well, I'm not trying to take that away, but masks in indoor public places is a given, and that's even more ground we could have made up. We didn't learn anything new about masks or the virus in the last six weeks that that told us this. It's been common knowledge and practice that wearing masks helps prevent the spread of disease for a couple of centuries now.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I have a feeling there doing it before they go to phase 3, so it's in place then, I see Kingston just did it, Ottawa is discussing it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We have done well, I'm not trying to take that away, but masks in indoor public places is a given, and that's even more ground we could have made up. We didn't learn anything new about masks or the virus in the last six weeks that that told us this. It's been common knowledge and practice that wearing masks helps prevent the spread of disease for a couple of centuries now.
Yeah and distance and sanitizing stations. Where are the sanitizer Stations. A little spritz on the way in the grocery store Is not enough. They should be popping everyone with a temperature gun too. I don’t see enough being utilized actually. I open my vehicles door,slam the groceries on the floor or trunk, splash of sanitizer and way i go. Get home wash my hands right away after putting gear away. Most businesses have no sanitizer on site for patrons, no temp gun. Thats a free for all and mask protect others. Businesses not spraying a sanitizer or supplying one on your way in don’t care about themselves or you. That needs to change immediately. Everyone thats shopping is great. Whats up with businesses not caring. It p!sses me off. How about provinces and municipalities mandate that eh. I’ll wear a mask but so help my f*** i better start seeing small business do their part and thats just fairness

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
After over 3+ months of this lockdown, the U.S hit a new high of 51+K for a single day yesterday. Unless they can get their sh1t together soon, it is going to be a long time before any fans are going to be allowed into arenas to watch anything live.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
After over 3+ months of this lockdown, the U.S hit a new high of 51+K for a single day yesterday. Unless they can get their sh1t together soon, it is going to be a long time before any fans are going to be allowed into arenas to watch anything live.
Testing is even down in some hot spot states such as Florida lol. Yesterday I think they had a 25% positive test rate.

Studies now being done in the states looking at excess deaths:
Official U.S. coronavirus death toll is 'a substantial undercount' of actual tally, Yale study finds

The researchers noted the gap between the reported coronavirus deaths and the excess deaths varied by states. For example, California reported 4,046 Covid-19 deaths and 6,800 excess deaths, leaving 41% of the excess deaths unattributed to Covid-19 they said.
Texas and Arizona had wider gaps, with roughly 55% and 53%, respectively, of excess deaths unattributed to Covid-19.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Doesn't sound like they will be soon when you have students throwing parties to see who can get infected first and people still protesting the use of masks.

Those anti-maskers would hate living in Canada during the winter with scarves and balaclavas

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Even though the cases in Ontario have trended really well I'm still surprised they're talking about stage 3 so early.

I figure they would want a few more weeks of solid data before considering opening it up more.

Ontario having 'serious discussions' about moving to next stage of reopening plan

That being said they're probably looking at reopening a lot of the rural areas of the province.

My guess is that they feel its inevitable that people are going to be out and about, and the few remaining businesses that are still closed are unnecessarily being hurt now. Up here in Muskoka its almost business as usual for a lot of stores/businesses.

It is very weird. I can go to Canadian Tire and the grocery store, both with dozens if not hundreds of people in them, many of which are not distancing or wearing masks. Its like any other summer. But my best friend who owns a bowling alley/sports bar is watching his lifes work circle down the drain. Why is he not allowed to open? Yes, its not an essential service, but neither is me needing a new spatula or a bag of chips.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah and distance and sanitizing stations. Where are the sanitizer Stations. A little spritz on the way in the grocery store Is not enough. They should be popping everyone with a temperature gun too. I don’t see enough being utilized actually. I open my vehicles door,slam the groceries on the floor or trunk, splash of sanitizer and way i go. Get home wash my hands right away after putting gear away. Most businesses have no sanitizer on site for patrons, no temp gun. Thats a free for all and mask protect others. Businesses not spraying a sanitizer or supplying one on your way in don’t care about themselves or you. That needs to change immediately. Everyone thats shopping is great. Whats up with businesses not caring. It p!sses me off. How about provinces and municipalities mandate that eh. I’ll wear a mask but so help my f*** i better start seeing small business do their part and thats just fairness
We wear gloves and masks. Try to go when no one else does. Da gloves helps rather than relying on sanitizer. When done store, ditch gloves in garbage so not to infect your car.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Damn, the U.S is over 52K at the moment today. Hard to believe they could hit 100K as Fauci said they might. Somebody better wake up real soon south of the border or things might continue to get uglier after their Independance Day long weekend. God help them for they know not what they do.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Damn, the U.S is over 52K at the moment today. Hard to believe they could hit 100K as Fauci said they might. Somebody better wake up real soon south of the border or things might continue to get uglier after their Independance Day long weekend. God help them for they know not what they do.
It will be a lot worse for places like the US and might even be Canada too. The fact that people are choosing not to wear masks and treat COVID seriously is whats increasing the numbers.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Almost 58k now. Please Canada!! Lets use this as an example of how not to manage the situation. Arizona and Texas' hospitals are on the edge of disaster.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Almost 58k now. Please Canada!! Lets use this as an example of how not to manage the situation. Arizona and Texas' hospitals are on the edge of disaster.
I got no proof, but my impression is that, the state of nature, where life is brutish and short, the state of nature death rate of Covid-19 probably around 10% to 15%.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
It could be a sure thing at this stage for 100000 cases of Covid-19 per day in the United States.

It is just basic math.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We’ll have to play all the games in Canada ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The States gave 5% of the world population and 25% of the deaths and 25% of the cases. They have made politics out of the biggest threat to the world since world war 2.

They heed to be pearl harboured or they just don’t Get it i suppose.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It could be a sure thing at this stage for 100000 cases of Covid-19 per day in the United States.

It is just basic math.

Hard to believe after 3+ months of lockdowns and knowing we what know today and what so many other countries have done to get the upper hand on the virus. The US is making Italy's handling of the virus look good.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
The States gave 5% of the world population and 25% of the deaths and 25% of the cases. They have made politics out of the biggest threat to the world since world war 2.

They heed to be pearl harboured or they just don’t Get it i suppose.
One would have though that NYC was the pearl harbour moment of the pandemic for USA but I guess not.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
My guess is that they feel its inevitable that people are going to be out and about, and the few remaining businesses that are still closed are unnecessarily being hurt now. Up here in Muskoka its almost business as usual for a lot of stores/businesses.

It is very weird. I can go to Canadian Tire and the grocery store, both with dozens if not hundreds of people in them, many of which are not distancing or wearing masks. Its like any other summer. But my best friend who owns a bowling alley/sports bar is watching his lifes work circle down the drain. Why is he not allowed to open? Yes, its not an essential service, but neither is me needing a new spatula or a bag of chips.

My take on this is that in bars/bowling alleys groups of people would be spending longer amounts of time together, talking to one another, drinking, using the bathroom etc. The very nature of those businesses provide conditions that are conducive to the spread of the virus.

From what I've seen at grocery stores, people tend to go in, usually alone, get their stuff and get out.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
H4rXkcG60nJWJddYXm86tkWhZkXaZ-S4oQtjZ7BBvi5bwHdyfrqUcqZn93jiZkjxq9hdvXDZvoU2-A=w1280-h960

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad