Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I didn't get a chance to post an update before Game 1, but I managed to make the move from Mississauga to Halifax. I loaded everything in my townhouse into two moving pods basically all by myself (wife helped a bit, but was mostly watching the kids). I drove 21 straight hours in our SUV with my wife, two young kids (ages 4 & 1), german shepherd, and 3 cats. It was probably about 18 hours of actual driving, but we took breaks to go to the bathroom, get gas, stretch, and we got drive through once we got into New Brunswick. We managed to maintain social distance since early March. None of us ever went in another indoor environment and we never had anyone in our townhouse. Managed to buy this house totally remotely. I got everything setup in time for game 1, but now I have my PC up and running, speakers hooked up, and the living room looking better... so I should enjoy Game 2 a lot more. We have to complete our 14 day quarantine here at the house, but when that's done, I'm looking forward to seeing some family members and going to Costco and a grocery store in person. It will be nice to get back to a more normal life and I hope they can keep the virus out of this Atlantic Bubble.
CONGRATS ... luv Hali ... got to visit lower deck on sunday night with fam early and hear local band ... best night out in town i thought

Reactions: PuckMagi

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Sorry went away to buddy's cottage for long weekend of blowing my entire program drinking Rickards Red (blah for program, great for mental health) ... anywho back on today .. Life product 400 iu D3, 1,000 mg C and 50 mg Zinc every morning with my coffee (all from Shoppers) ... after work I ride my bike about 25 kms 4 times a week ... and we got a rowing machine during COVID so doing 3 kms (1 km each ride then stretching) on alternate days I don't ride ... also many more walks with da wifey then I have ever done guessing like 3-4 every week ... my appetite has shrunk ... i think it is a much more balanced lifestyle really but I feel better with vitamins and it is giving me more energy to workout more ... and I am not killing myself on workouts either but a small sweat is needed ... i have done this a couple times in past losing weight but it was always by forcing myself to eat less ... this time it is a balanced approach so not really badly upset about gaining 3 lbs this past weekend as I expect it will come back off
Thanks buddy. Will definitely try that.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Jason13th.png

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Ontario.
Entire outbreak of COVID19.

120 deaths under 60.
11 deaths under 40.
1 death under 20.

Fact.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
The numbers have been trending well here in the province. But as a parent, does anyone else find the Return to School plans to be all over the map with absolutely no assuring directive? So many questions, but so little answers provided.

I still think the government will reverse course and at least minimize the class sizes, or pull the chute completely like B.C. did and then formulate a plan which will be staggered over the following months. To expect parents to send their kids back just like before, only requirement now being to wear a mask, is foolish, inconsiderate and to a degree, incompetent.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Jun 11, 2020
There might be permanent consequences of social distancing in some societies. The virus is widening the pre-existing divisions of class and race in the US. My worry is that China may take greater risks in its domestic and foreign policy. There is never going to be a better time to confront the US politically than the year 2020. Cold War II has already begun, says Niall Ferguson, historian and Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution.

Reactions: Merrrlin

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Hopefully you all avoided the Brass Rail last week.

I'm still laughing at how you're supposed to physically distance when getting a lap dance (I know lap dances are prohibited for the time being). LOL

Imagine all the married men that have to explain to their wives why they suddenly have to isolate for 2 weeks.

Dare I say it, but how desperate does one have to be to go to an enclosed cesspool during the height of a pandemic. There are, like, many websites online you can use from the comforts of your own home.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The numbers have been trending well here in the province. But as a parent, does anyone else find the Return to School plans to be all over the map with absolutely no assuring directive? So many questions, but so little answers provided.

I still think the government will reverse course and at least minimize the class sizes, or pull the chute completely like B.C. did and then formulate a plan which will be staggered over the following months. To expect parents to send their kids back just like before, only requirement now being to wear a mask, is foolish, inconsiderate and to a degree, incompetent.

The whole return to school thing was always going to be a shit show. It's a lose-lose situation, really. There isn't a right answer.

We just have to hope to keep these new case counts down so that when things pick back up again it's in a manageable position.

If we can get through the next 6-7 months even with just a moderate rise in cases through that stretch, things will be good.

We should all just be smart, safe, and play the long-term game so that we all can enjoy summer in 2021 without any issues.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Imagine all the married men that have to explain to their wives why they suddenly have to isolate for 2 weeks.

The scary thing = Out of shame, a lot of men won't even disclose that they were there, and will continue going about their business, spreading this thing even further.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
401 cases today, after a few days in the 300s. Looks like a second wave isn't going to be gradual, and instead is ramping up in full force.

Now, for the time being, I am not overly concerned because: a) testing is much much higher now than it was in the early stages, which should thus pick up on more cases; and b) the ICU/hospitalization rates and deaths continue to remain low. If and when the latter start to go up at an alarming rate, then it'll be time for serious concern.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
401 cases today, after a few days in the 300s. Looks like a second wave isn't going to be gradual, and instead is ramping up in full force.

Now, for the time being, I am not overly concerned because: a) testing is much much higher now than it was in the early stages, which should thus pick up on more cases; and b) the ICU/hospitalization rates and deaths continue to remain low. If and when the latter start to go up at an alarming rate, then it'll be time for serious concern.
Still very concerning that cases are picking up steam again ... only a matter of time before hospitalizations start to rise ... we could see this coming after bars and restaurants and now schools opened up again ... what we are hearing now from politicians like Ford is they are blaming da kids parties for this growth ... to me that is a crock of sh*t ... so lets put massive fines on some party hosts in Brampton and blame Brampton party goers for this issue ... makes me sick really ... why not just say heh folks we opened up bars/restaurants/schools and we are gonna have rising numbers and a 2nd wave ... but NO because that makes them look bad ... what a joke

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The whole return to school thing was always going to be a shit show. It's a lose-lose situation, really. There isn't a right answer.

We just have to hope to keep these new case counts down so that when things pick back up again it's in a manageable position.

If we can get through the next 6-7 months even with just a moderate rise in cases through that stretch, things will be good.

We should all just be smart, safe, and play the long-term game so that we all can enjoy summer in 2021 without any issues.

In our school system if children show 2 or more symptoms they are immediately sent home and asked to isolate.

CDC director said that we probably wont have mass produced vaccines / treatments until late Q2 or Q3 of 2021... another year of this stuff people...

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Still very concerning that cases are picking up steam again ... only a matter of time before hospitalizations start to rise ... we could see this coming after bars and restaurants and now schools opened up again ... what we are hearing now from politicians like Ford is they are blaming da kids parties for this growth ... to me that is a crock of sh*t ... so lets put massive fines on some party hosts in Brampton and blame Brampton party goers for this issue ... makes me sick really ... why not just say heh folks we opened up bars/restaurants/schools and we are gonna have rising numbers and a 2nd wave ... but NO because that makes them look bad ... what a joke

Seems to be consistent with previous outbreaks, usually post holidays (Labor day) we see an increase and we all know kids are dirty little virus manufacturing machines, back to school...

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

This was in response to my comments about the whole school situation a month prior to school starting. I will say, the transition back to school has been much better than I expected. So far our kids' class sizes are smaller (13 for one, 18 for the other; we didn't send the kindergarten one back), all kids and staff adhere to the mask policy, and the school has done a really good job implementing the safety measures.

I'm glad I stood firm and convinced my wife and alleviated her fears about the kids going back, because it would have been a whole lot worse if they were home. No interaction with kids, continuing to be stuck at home, and most importantly, actually learning in class because online is an absolute gong show.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That slow gradual increase is exactly what’s needed. Should have been done in the summer to avoid flu and rhino season, but it wasn’t.
My advice, load up on Vit D and Zinc, live your life, take the precautions, protect the vulnerable, and do not panic over number of cases.

We need fans in the buildings no later than January and this virus isn’t going to scare us away.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That slow gradual increase is exactly what’s needed. Should have been done in the summer to avoid flu and rhino season, but it wasn’t.
My advice, load up on Vit D and Zinc, live your life, take the precautions, protect the vulnerable, and do not panic over number of cases.

We need fans in the buildings no later than January and this virus isn’t going to scare us away.
I think we are done with fans in stands until vaccine is distributed to public. Who knows for sure but expecting by spring/summer next year we will all be vaccinated. Essential workers likely get it before XMAS. Trump will announce vaccine approval/distribution before election day in early November. and then there will be a mad scramble to get doses for docs, nurses, ambulance, healthcare, nursing homes.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think we are done with fans in stands until vaccine is distributed to public. Who knows for sure but expecting by spring/summer next year we will all be vaccinated. Essential workers likely get it before XMAS. Trump will announce vaccine approval/distribution before election day in early November. and then there will be a mad scramble to get doses for docs, nurses, ambulance, healthcare, nursing homes.

I don’t know if we need a vaccine and I won’t take one in 2021.

I refuse to be scared of it.

My sons are going to an SEC game next Saturday. By the Iron Bowl, I hope they are allowed full tailgating and full capacity.

We’ve been living our lives as normal since June. Every other weekend since July I’ve been taking one son to baseball tournaments all over the southeast, staying in hotels and we will fly when he plays in SC or central FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->