Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Discussion in 'Toronto Maple Leafs' started by uncleben, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Jojalu Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Here are the numbers from countries..

72% Spain
    49% Italy
    41% Brazil
    39% Mexico
    28% France
    23% US
    17% Germany
    16% Canada
    13% UK
    7% Japan

Those are the percentage of doctors using it to help combat Covid.

The US has only been using it with severe cases. Europe and the rest of the world use it with mostly mild cases.

Globally 19% of physicians have prescribed it for high risk patients, and 8% for low risk.

56% use Analgesics
    41% use Azithromycin
    33% use Hydrochloroquine

Each person has a unique DNA code that will respond differently to any medication. That is one of the biggest issues we have. This generic treatment for everyone.

The technology is there to figure out safe and reliable treatments for everyone, but the cost is still astronomical to be able to pull off.

2. JT AM da real deal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    I added zinc to my daily D3 and C intake ... not sure it will help but I feel da same so it can't hurt ... a little more $$$ for Shoppers ... add in a good weight reduction and some golf and seems to work great (I am almost dancing on da greens now at 215 lbs) ... adding these vitamins seems to have reduced my appetite ... not sure if it is BS but my big supper meal every day is long gone and I don't feel need for it anymore

kb likes this.
  3. Leafs1991 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Vitamins don't reduce appetite. An improved diet reduces appetite as you'll be eating more whole foods that satisfy you longer and reduces cravings.

kb and JT AM da real deal like this.
  4. Borschevsky Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    The Covid Alert contact tracing app is out

Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.gc.hcsc.canada.stopcovid

iOS
    ‎COVID Alert

Source code
    cds-snc/covid-alert-app

This app utilizes the notification framework developed by Apple and Google and was created with privacy in mind.

COVID Alert uses Bluetooth to exchange random codes with nearby phones. It does not use or access any location data. COVID Alert works by determining how far away other phones are by the strength of their Bluetooth signal.

COVID Alert has no way of knowing:

-your location - COVID Alert does not use GPS or location services
    -your name or address
    -the place or time you were near someone
    -if you're currently near someone who was previously diagnosed

Together, let’s slow the spread of COVID-19. Canada's COVID Alert app notifies you if someone you were near in the past 14 days tells the app they tested positive.

5. JT AM da real deal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    I set it up on my Galaxy so hopefully it will help out ... would be great if it was interactive and could alert you if you are near someone with COVID

6. TheTotalPackage Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Sending the kids back is one thing. Sending them back completely as is normally, save for wearing a mask, as if nothing is going on really surprised me.

Clark4Ever, Wafflewhipper and kb like this.
  7. kb Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    I noticed the same....down 40 lbs too. I suspect that my body is getting the nutrients it needs, so my appetite is way down. I have to force myself to eat a little something in the morning and early afternoon.

JT AM da real deal likes this.
  8. kb Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    It doesn't stop the spread, but it does tell you who to get mad at once you get it.

Greeeeat. lol

(tongue in cheek post)

Blue Nate likes this.
  9. PromisedLand Leafs Defense --- "Serenity Now!" #FireDubas

SB Cash:
    $ 313,500
    Wizard
    interesting you posted this; I have completely lost my appetite; i don't feel hungry at all and am always full of energy. This has been weird for me; cause i am the kinda guy that eats a lot and I mean huge portions LOL; at least before the pandemic i definitely did

10. JT AM da real deal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    It has been shocking for me since you guided me to these vitamins which I did for COVID ... i was well over 250 lbs ... and i was always starving come supper ... now I have a light meal and stuffed ... and my metabolism has increased dramatically too ... i am a firm believer ... to me seeing in believing ... and i was one of those guys who always said vitamins were stupid as i sank another beer ... well guess what i was so wrong it was not funny

11. kb Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    I am very glad you tried it, and even more pleased with your results! What is amazing to me is how much energy I have now too. Not carrying that extra 40 lbs around puts a spring back in the ol step. I'm in my mid-50's and feeling pretty darn good again for a bigger guy. I'm hoping to be down 60 lbs. by the end of the year, and maybe more if I can.

I still like my beer, for the record. Tonight is a friend's 60th and I expect to have many social distance pints.

12. kb Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Exactly. It kinda leads one to the other. If your body gets the nutrients it needs, you are more satisfied, eat less, and have less cravings.

13. PromisedLand Leafs Defense --- "Serenity Now!" #FireDubas

SB Cash:
    $ 313,500
    Wizard
    Thanks man!!! Much appreciated!

Mods can we please sticky this on top of the thread! Thanks!

@BertCorbeau

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  14. JT AM da real deal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Same here ... but i switched to Coors banquet and light and i think that helped too ... and bars being closed really helped a lot too both in my weight and pocketbook

Clark4Ever and kb like this.
  15. Nineteen67 Registered User Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Need a table...tell the app you’ve tested positive.

kb and Wafflewhipper like this.
  16. ImpartialNHLfan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Not everyone has strong enough internet, or even wifi in the house for online school. Kids need to get back to school.

17. Gabriel426 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Care to elaborate what you added to your diet, like exactly what you added, curious to know as I have been trying to lose weight over the past few years but it seems like I am gaining muscle instead of losing actual weight

kb likes this.
  18. Gabriel426 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Don’t think people are saying let’s just stick with online learning but you don’t jump straight in full out when the numbers is pretty much the same for the past months.
    What happened to gradually to make sure it is safe for everyone. Schools can always do both and offer the options for families to either send the kids to school or online learning.
    It is not an either or situation. You can have both

19. ImpartialNHLfan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    That is an option so everything is good :thumbu:

• Parents will have the choice about whether or not they want their child to return to the classroom
    • On-line learning will be available to students who choose not to return to the classroom

Gabriel426 likes this.
  20. Leafs1991 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Gaining muscle is fine as long as you are still losing the fat. They will counter each other a bit. It's a matter of calories in, calories out AND the type of foods that go with it too plus exercise. There's more to it than that but that's just the basics.

21. Clark4Ever What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    As a result of the pandemic, I've been working from home and eating home cooked meals and I've also had more time to work out and go biking with the kids. I'm in better shape than I've been in 10 years, lol.

I still like my beer too, which is why I'll never have a six pack stomach.

kb likes this.
  22. Clark4Ever What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Those are issues that can be remedied at a relatively small cost if the government is willing. The potential risks could be much much more costly.

23. rumman Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    that's why you can eat a entire family size bag of chips, they contain no nutrients so you brain says "keep eating, we haven't gotten any good stuff yet." Try that with steak, your brain will quickly tell you when it's gotten enough nutrients.............

Polaris1010 and Nineteen67 like this.
  24. JT AM da real deal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    Sorry went away to buddy's cottage for long weekend of blowing my entire program drinking Rickards Red (blah for program, great for mental health) ... anywho back on today .. Life product 400 iu D3, 1,000 mg C and 50 mg Zinc every morning with my coffee (all from Shoppers) ... after work I ride my bike about 25 kms 4 times a week ... and we got a rowing machine during COVID so doing 3 kms (1 km each ride then stretching) on alternate days I don't ride ... also many more walks with da wifey then I have ever done guessing like 3-4 every week ... my appetite has shrunk ... i think it is a much more balanced lifestyle really but I feel better with vitamins and it is giving me more energy to workout more ... and I am not killing myself on workouts either but a small sweat is needed ... i have done this a couple times in past losing weight but it was always by forcing myself to eat less ... this time it is a balanced approach so not really badly upset about gaining 3 lbs this past weekend as I expect it will come back off

Gabriel426 likes this.
  25. PuckMagi Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 300,000
    I didn't get a chance to post an update before Game 1, but I managed to make the move from Mississauga to Halifax. I loaded everything in my townhouse into two moving pods basically all by myself (wife helped a bit, but was mostly watching the kids). I drove 21 straight hours in our SUV with my wife, two young kids (ages 4 & 1), german shepherd, and 3 cats. It was probably about 18 hours of actual driving, but we took breaks to go to the bathroom, get gas, stretch, and we got drive through once we got into New Brunswick. We managed to maintain social distance since early March. None of us ever went in another indoor environment and we never had anyone in our townhouse. Managed to buy this house totally remotely. I got everything setup in time for game 1, but now I have my PC up and running, speakers hooked up, and the living room looking better... so I should enjoy Game 2 a lot more. We have to complete our 14 day quarantine here at the house, but when that's done, I'm looking forward to seeing some family members and going to Costco and a grocery store in person. It will be nice to get back to a more normal life and I hope they can keep the virus out of this Atlantic Bubble.

kb, Gabriel426 and JT AM da real deal like this.