Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist you are ever going to find, but I've seen multiple legitimate sources say that this jumped from one species to another, was harvested by humans and worked on in the lab in Wuhan, and then got loose by mistake. The belief is that a lab technician unknowingly carried it out of the lab.

Some scientist are saying it’s reverting to its “wild” or “natural” state.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I wonder how these leagues expect men in their 20's - ish spend 2 to 3 months with out any, in an effort to not sound gauche, ummm... "companionship" from their better halves?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Some scientist are saying it’s reverting to its “wild” or “natural” state.

On the bright side...

Coronavirus Update (Live): 16,932,988 Cases and 664,333 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Treated with HCQ or HCQ and Zinc

Cuba: pop. 11,323,613 --- death: 87
India: 1.353b --- death: 34,253
Greece: 10.724.599 --- death: 203
Indonesia: 273,515,623 --- death: 4,975
Malaysia: 32,365,999 --- death 124
Turkey: 84,399,067 --- death: 5,645
Ukraine: 41,902,416 --- death: 1,650
Morocco: 36,910,560 --- death: 327

Canada: 37,766,893 --- death: 8912

Seems like there is a cure or treatment and we just aren't using it for some reason. I guess the inquiries will be enlightening what with all the nursing homes and all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nineteen67

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
To be honest with this joke all billionaires and including their bogus foundations should be garnished. The Fed printed funny money and basically gave it to the wealthy. The average person is getting robbed over this.

The freedom line will be drawn when or if they attempt forced vaccinations and removal of people from their homes. The social contract is ended then, the country non existent at that point. Wild west in the US and they will likely annex us.

Look at SK Japan and the others. Very low instances of CV deaths. SWE was the worstof the loosely restricted.

No Sweden got into trouble because the high dense populated area of around Stockholm had winter break which means 100 000 people went on vacation and brought it back home. The virus strain that plagued us didn't come from Austria or Italy (those travelers were checked and corona cases were contained) but from USA, England and France countries who said they didnt have the virus.

What you need to get badly hit by this is: highly dense population, lots of travel (wide virus introduction) and the 3rd factor seems to be a high proportion of immigrants.

The first people who died were immigrants and guess where a lot of them work? At elderly care facilities and home service for elder. That's why things went to shit in Sweden. The social distance among most people is working very good and people have a choice.

If you dont care if you die, dont follow guidelines. If you care follow them. Use your common sense. A huge proportion of people do.

Its also worth noting that the Swedish constitution doesn't allow the central government to limit peoples movement unless we are at war.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No Sweden got into trouble because the high dense populated area of around Stockholm had winter break which means 100 000 people went on vacation and brought it back home. The virus strain that plagued us didn't come from Austria or Italy (those travelers were checked and corona cases were contained) but from USA, England and France countries who said they didnt have the virus.

What you need to get badly hit by this is: highly dense population, lots of travel (wide virus introduction) and the 3rd factor seems to be a high proportion of immigrants.

The first people who died were immigrants and guess where a lot of them work? At elderly care facilities and home service for elder. That's why things went to shit in Sweden. The social distance among most people is working very good and people have a choice.

If you dont care if you die, dont follow guidelines. If you care follow them. Use your common sense. A huge proportion of people do.

Its also worth noting that the Swedish constitution doesn't allow the central government to limit peoples movement unless we are at war.

I just also pulled up a list of countries treating with certain drugs and have very low mortality rate. I think that should not be discredited. Belarus is another country that did basically nothing and has very few deaths. Sweden did have one of the worst outcomes of the countries that did not lockdown, but it's better than the UK who did. So...?

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
I just also pulled up a list of countries treating with certain drugs and have very low mortality rate. I think that should not be discredited. Belarus is another country that did basically nothing and has very few deaths. Sweden did have one of the worst outcomes of the countries that did not lockdown, but it's better than the UK who did. So...?

I don't think you should look at Belarus and compare to them modern western European countries where people travel much more extensively. I

f you look at England, Belgium, Stockholm and New York its clear that density and wide spread introduction of the virus is what will lead us down the path to massive amount of deaths. We were all chocked that it happened here but with the introduction of profit making elderly care facilities who regularly was getting reprimands for "basic hygiene" and "quality of staff" we shouldn't have. We have (had?) huge facilities in Stockholm where staff moved around from one home to another. People with rotten work conditions and low pay. I seriously hope we will finally start to regulate this market or abolish it all together. If you look outside the region who had their winter break at this fatal time, the spread and fatality count is low.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Any concerns about Toronto/Peel moving to stage 3?
Personally I wish they would wait another few weeks.

That's, like, the millionaire dollar question.

Whenever I think of this myself, I always struggle with it and on the fence. Yes, I think things are being rushed. No, I would not take advantage of these Stage 3 openings. But how long do you hold back too? All in all though, I think with the last little bit of nice weather we have, might as well allow people take advantage of it (albeit not foolishly), because I totally see things being rolled back in a few months time.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Any concerns about Toronto/Peel moving to stage 3?
Personally I wish they would wait another few weeks.

76 new cases today. Sure it would be safer to remain in stage 2 but you gotta give the businesses that are bleeding a fair chance and with the numbers declining nicely, it is a good time. Let's just hope the idiots abide by the rules. Some of these businesses cannot afford to go back to stage 2.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
76 new cases today. Sure it would be safer to remain in stage 2 but you gotta give the businesses that are bleeding a fair chance and with the numbers declining nicely, it is a good time. Let's just hope the idiots abide by the rules. Some of these businesses cannot afford to go back to stage 2.
It comes down to the public to wear masks, washing hands, social distancing....
If everyone is doing their parts, everything can be open and the numbers will still remain low.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That's, like, the millionaire dollar question.

Whenever I think of this myself, I always struggle with it and on the fence. Yes, I think things are being rushed. No, I would not take advantage of these Stage 3 openings. But how long do you hold back too? All in all though, I think with the last little bit of nice weather we have, might as well allow people take advantage of it (albeit not foolishly), because I totally see things being rolled back in a few months time.
I hope the 2nd phase of COVID is a lot shorter ... another 4-5 month shutdown will be very tough to handle for everyone ... so many things on hold

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I hope the 2nd phase of COVID is a lot shorter ... another 4-5 month shutdown will be very tough to handle for everyone ... so many things on hold
Unless the numbers are way up, don't think there will be a shutdown like in April and May. However, we might see rest. with more social distancing restrictions. I think Sept when school starts will be true test. People kept saying kids don't get infected....but ever since the shit down, kids(16 and under) don't really have opportunities to be in huge social gathering settings like schools. In a way, kids are not expose to COVID like seniors in long term care homes.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Unless the numbers are way up, don't think there will be a shutdown like in April and May. However, we might see rest. with more social distancing restrictions. I think Sept when school starts will be true test. People kept saying kids don't get infected....but ever since the shit down, kids(16 and under) don't really have opportunities to be in huge social gathering settings like schools. In a way, kids are not expose to COVID like seniors in long term care homes.

I haven’t heard anyone say kids can’t get infected. They aren’t affected seriously as much as elderly or immune compromised folks for obvious reasons. But i agree with the rest of your statement. They can be major carriers and we will see many more affected by the fact they won’t be able to social distance in school. They are kids they won’t understand the concept like adults. It will be interesting but hopefully it works out okay. Also any kids that have underlying issues that may not be aware of will be in a seriously dangerous position.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I haven’t heard anyone say kids can’t get infected. They aren’t affected seriously as much as elderly or immune compromised folks for obvious reasons. But i agree with the rest of your statement. They can be major carriers and we will see many more affected by the fact they won’t be able to social distance in school. They are kids they won’t understand the concept like adults. It will be interesting but hopefully it works out okay. Also any kids that have underlying issues that may not be aware of will be in a seriously dangerous position.
There are people on this thread that believes kids cant get infected. Personally, I think everyone and anyone can be infected and can get seriously sick with COVID.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
There are people on this thread that believes kids cant get infected. Personally, I think everyone and anyone can be infected and can get seriously sick with COVID.

I must have those posters on my ignore list. Lol. Your correct but a healthy younger person is much less likely to get seriously ill as the numbers show that. Still doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be taken seriously or if your healthy, thinking yourre in the clear.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I must have those posters on my ignore list. Lol. Your correct but a healthy younger person is much less likely to get seriously ill as the numbers show that. Still doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be taken seriously or if your healthy, thinking yourre in the clear.
No question about it but I think a lot of people still don't understand that you can spread COVID even being asymptomatic. Thus, if you are asymptomatic, you probably won't go and get tested.
Thats why I have been reading about how the numbers should be a lot higher than the actual numbers bc not everyone is being tested.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Well the mask isn't 100% effective and Fauci said you now need eye protection. I think you should volunteer and get tested anytime you go out into public or come into contact with people that have been out in public. I would also suggest this is common place for people that get vaccinated because as we know with flu vaccinations, the science is that they are 60% at best effective. That means you must also get tested routinely because alternatively, see countries that did not lock down. I mean, lets be honest, it's really going to come down to that or just embrace herd immunity, embrace the results of the countries that did not really lockdown and embrace the best working treatment that we know of... HCQ + Zinc + Azithromyacin. I posed some numbers above of limited to no lockdown countries treating with HCQ and Zinc. Looks good enough to me to get this puppy open and playing some hockey with some precautions naturally.

Reactions: Nineteen67

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No question about it but I think a lot of people still don't understand that you can spread COVID even being asymptomatic. Thus, if you are asymptomatic, you probably won't go and get tested.
Thats why I have been reading about how the numbers should be a lot higher than the actual numbers bc not everyone is being tested.

Would you be open to daily testing for you to live your life "normally"? This is with full knowledge that the quick tests can be very inaccurate and the penalty for testing positive even once will be 14 day quarantine.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Well the mask isn't 100% effective and Fauci said you now need eye protection. I think you should volunteer and get tested anytime you go out into public or come into contact with people that have been out in public. I would also suggest this is common place for people that get vaccinated because as we know with flu vaccinations, the science is that they are 60% at best effective. That means you must also get tested routinely because alternatively, see countries that did not lock down. I mean, lets be honest, it's really going to come down to that or just embrace herd immunity, embrace the results of the countries that did not really lockdown and embrace the best working treatment that we know of... HCQ + Zinc + Azithromyacin. I posed some numbers above of limited to no lockdown countries treating with HCQ and Zinc. Looks good enough to me to get this puppy open and playing some hockey with some precautions naturally.

Would you be open to daily testing for you to live your life "normally"? This is with full knowledge that the quick tests can be very inaccurate and the penalty for testing positive even once will be 14 day quarantine.

Nothing is 100% effective. Condoms ain't 100% but people still put them on instead of having unprotected sex.
Same with driving within the speed limit, we do it bc it is the law and also it feels safe but does that mean we won't get into an accident?
Hockey players will still get injured despite all the equipment they use, should they just go back to not wearing a helmet?

Also, I don't understand why you are very negative about getting tested? Why is it a penalty if you are getting tested positive? If you are sick, you are sick. It is not a punishment. You didn't do anything wrong, you got sick, get proper treatment, recover and life goes on.

To your question, yeah, I am open to getting tested if it is available for the general public and I think all people should do it. It is being responsible. Just like if someone is coming back to Canada, they should be quarantine for 14 days, it is not a punishment, just part of life for now.
If I can do test everyday like those NHL players, I would happily do it. Call me old school, but I am a strong believer that the earlier you find out, the easier it is for you to recover.

Reactions: Slot

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nothing is 100% effective. Condoms ain't 100% but people still put them on instead of having unprotected sex.
Same with driving within the speed limit, we do it bc it is the law and also it feels safe but does that mean we won't get into an accident?
Hockey players will still get injured despite all the equipment they use, should they just go back to not wearing a helmet?

Also, I don't understand why you are very negative about getting tested? Why is it a penalty if you are getting tested positive? If you are sick, you are sick. It is not a punishment. You didn't do anything wrong, you got sick, get proper treatment, recover and life goes on.

To your question, yeah, I am open to getting tested if it is available for the general public and I think all people should do it. It is being responsible. Just like if someone is coming back to Canada, they should be quarantine for 14 days, it is not a punishment, just part of life for now.
If I can do test everyday like those NHL players, I would happily do it. Call me old school, but I am a strong believer that the earlier you find out, the easier it is for you to recover.

Oh on the contrary. I am not at all against science or masks or testing and I mean that. I am 100% pro science but the thing is, I am following multiple doctors from around the world and what if I told you this... You can have your old life back the way it was with no testing or nonsense if you take HCQ + Zinc in small doses once or twice a week. That's it, you basically will not get this disease is what some of the findings are and there may be over the counter alternatives (HCQ is OTC in many countries btw).

Food for thought, bear in mind if you dig around online you can find groups of Doctors saying exactly this, and they also are saying it's been 100% effective. The point being, it reduces the risk to the point that CV is unremarkable and easily manageable by the system,

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Oh on the contrary. I am not at all against science or masks or testing and I mean that. I am 100% pro science but the thing is, I am following multiple doctors from around the world and what if I told you this... You can have your old life back the way it was with no testing or nonsense if you take HCQ + Zinc in small doses once or twice a week. That's it, you basically will not get this disease is what some of the findings are and there may be over the counter alternatives (HCQ is OTC in many countries btw).

Food for thought, bear in mind if you dig around online you can find groups of Doctors saying exactly this, and they also are saying it's been 100% effective. The point being, it reduces the risk to the point that CV is unremarkable and easily manageable by the system,

I am not against the HCQ + Zinc idea at all.
My point got more to do with the general public just need to be more responsible instead of being careless.
I don't see why people can't wear masks, wash hands, social distance and have small dose of HCQ and Zinc all at the same time. None of them contradict each other and it is really not an either or situation.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
guys. just don't go outside. Pretty sure the good majority of you are already doing so.

problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad