Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Let’s roll. Start with Cole.

***NEW WARNING***

- ZERO tolerance for political sides talk. I do not care who is right or left. It does not matter. It is not for this thread or this website. You will be removed.

- RESPECT one another. It's a simple concept. This is a tough time. Just respect one another.

- ZERO tolerance for any mindset that someone dying is okay. That's not going to happen here. You will be removed.

Seriously... just be nice to one another. It's simple.

This is not a debate thread. For example - if you go into a Bryan Rust Appreciation thread and say Rust sucks, you will be removed. The sole purpose of this thread is to keep us up to date with what is going on (without bias) and to stay positive for one another. This is not a debate thread. This is not a political thread. This is not a discussion of everything else in the world thread (race problems, guns, etc). This is a thread to keep us together during this amazingly tough time.

I have posted over 100 warnings from March to today. I can't sit here and moderate this like a chat room. We need to respect the rules and unfortunately the very strict guidelines of discussion.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Nick Cordero, Standout Actor in Broadway Musicals, Dies of COVID-19 Complications at 41

Guy was a healthy 41 year old Tony nominated Broadway actor and then he got COVID. He was in a medically induced coma while his body fought. He lost part of a leg in the fight due to the ECMO machine he was on which took oxygen from parts of the body to help his lungs. He finally woke up but couldn’t move his body. 90 days in the hospital. And he’s gone. 41 years old and healthy. How awful.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It is a big leap from not praying for it to work and rooting against it.

All that I am saying is that going right to nay saying about this is the wrong move.

Everyone should be praying to whatever or whoever you pray to that this has 100 percent success.
I'm a Christian, so I pray daily about this. But when you're dealing with humans on such an important matter and scale, I'm not sure we should count on anything being 100% effective. But certainly at minimum a huge step in the right direction.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have very serious doubts about the notion of a divine being.

But I am praying as hard as any orthodox pick your religion.

Reactions: KIRK

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I believe his story was even more difficult. He was originally in the hospital for quite some time and had a leg amputated. All of that to try and keep him alive and he still passes away. :(

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

1. The article is anecdotal. Small, crowded, poorly ventilated indoor places lead to greater infection. I happen to agree with the hypothesis, but the whole 'it's airborne' thing conjures up images of the movie Outbreak.

2. I'm not sure why YOU of all people would've cited an article that concludes its explanation with this:

Experts all agree that the coronavirus does not behave that way. Dr. Marr and others said the coronavirus seemed to be most infectious when people were in prolonged contact at close range, especially indoors, and even more so in superspreader events — exactly what scientists would expect from aerosol transmission.

Reading that says to me coronavirus is most infectious when people are in prolonged close contact especially-- but its mere mention also implies not exclusively-- indoors, and we KNOW that can't be true because protests don't lead to a spread . . . or so I'm told.

So, do I believe this article-- in which case it also gives backhanded confirmation that the 'studies' about protests and coronavirus are bull****-- or do I dismiss it as anecdotal on all counts?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

The good news: Hospital capacity does not seem, at this time, to be a crisis in Dallas.

The (long term) bad news: When your hospitals are preserving capacity for a rush of bed/ICU space needs that doesn't come, they bleed money and go out of business.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
1. The article is anecdotal. Small, crowded, poorly ventilated indoor places lead to greater infection. I happen to agree with the hypothesis, but the whole 'it's airborne' thing conjures up images of the movie Outbreak.

2. I'm not sure why YOU of all people would've cited an article that concludes its explanation with this:

Experts all agree that the coronavirus does not behave that way. Dr. Marr and others said the coronavirus seemed to be most infectious when people were in prolonged contact at close range, especially indoors, and even more so in superspreader events — exactly what scientists would expect from aerosol transmission.

Reading that says to me coronavirus is most infectious when people are in prolonged close contact especially-- but its mere mention also implies not exclusively-- indoors, and we KNOW that can't be true because protests don't lead to a spread . . . or so I'm told.

So, do I believe this article-- in which case it also gives backhanded confirmation that the 'studies' about protests and coronavirus are bull****-- or do I dismiss it as anecdotal on all counts?

Youre really bending over backwards to include protests when the article says recycled air that causes it to longer is a highly probable as a spreader, which has been the case for a while. It’s not breaking any new ground.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC

The good news: Hospital capacity does not seem, at this time, to be a crisis in Dallas.

The (long term) bad news: When your hospitals are preserving capacity for a rush of bed/ICU space needs that doesn't come, they bleed money and go out of business.

I know Dallas has been hit hard. They’re being smart to reserve beds. They see how Houston and San Antonio are getting slammed and overwhelmed. Just a shame the concern becomes them bleeding money because our health care is profit driven.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I know Dallas has been hit hard. They’re being smart to reserve beds. They see how Houston and San Antonio are getting slammed and overwhelmed. Just a shame the concern becomes them bleeding money because our health care is profit driven.

The message there is that those affected are skewing younger and that bed capacity isn't an issue, not an invitation for another political drive by. :D

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Youre really bending over backwards to include protests when the article says recycled air that causes it to longer is a highly probable as a spreader, which has been the case for a while. It’s not breaking any new ground.

1. I notice you ignore that the whole damn thing is anecdotal and click bait for people to think we're talking Outbreak.

2. Once again, Mibby, all I ask of you is a little consistency. It's a quest 14 years and two boards in the making. :razz:

Last edited:

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
It’s not anecdotal, though. Spread through air in air conditioning is not a new concept. There have been examples of this since the start where restaurant patrons near and under the AC were infected while ones not close were fine.

Further the whole article is about prolonged exposure in air conditioning that potentially causes droplets to linger. None of that applies to being outside, so the protests have no place in this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->