OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Just found another study showing the possible benefits of nutrient supplements for RNA viruses. Which is what the coronavirus is. It was published a month ago.

Nutraceuticals have potential for boosting the type 1 interferon response to RNA viruses including influenza and coronavirus - ScienceDirect
That's good to know, but my concern is that such studies just give more ammo to the nut heads who think homeopathic plants and pills are a legitimate substitute to actual medicine

Reactions: ohbaby

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Bought something on Amazon and it turns out it’s being shipped from somewhere in China. What are the chances it actually gets to me and if it does should I be worried about anything?
Expect delivery in a month. I read that travel packages are not a concern. Otherwise they wouldn't allow cargo to ship.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
That's good to know, but my concern is that such studies just give more ammo to the nut heads who think homeopathic plants and pills are a legitimate substitute to actual medicine
It's time to realize we are on our own in fighting this virus. There is no medication forthcoming in the near future. Anything that can give us some benefit or advantage is worth looking into. There are many links/studies at the bottom as references that show possible benefits.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Does anyone actually know where to go and get tested? I’ve been sick as a dog for 2 days. I’ve stayed home since Wednesday. Haven’t come out once but I’m really feeling it yesterday and today. I called my doctor but they have no testing. He told me I have to show proof that I said yes to any of 3 questions about travel in the last 14 days or being exposed to someone who had it or suspected of having it and the last question was do I show symptoms cough, fever or sneezing.
told me I need to call ahead to the hospital and warn them I’m coming if I “get bad” and to also wear a mask if I go.

I’m starting to freak the fu ck out. Pounding headache for 2 straight days no relieve from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad