OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I kind of thought like this but I'm not sure anymore. Supposedly you can have it and see no symptoms. There has to be a balance between vigilance and stopping the world.
This virus has spread worldwide in under 3 months. It is contagious before symptoms appear.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
You are actually posting links to your own articles?

And why not? It is something I have been researching, for the last 7 years.
If you actually read the article, you will see it is backed up by numerous references (links) of published scientific studies and referenced news articles. Just like any article should be.

This is far from snake oil my friend.
Here's another article posted last month showing the possible benefits of supplemental nutrients for RNA viruses.... Nutraceuticals have potential for boosting the type 1 interferon response to RNA viruses including influenza and coronavirus - ScienceDirect

This article is based on the info from the article above, in an easy to understand, less scientific jargon.... Recent research points the way toward a practical nutraceutical strategy for coping with RNA virus infections including influenza and coronavirus

Both complement what my article says....
The Importance Of Nutrients To An Aging Population And Beat Back Corona Or Any Virus

Last edited:

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
89458521_10158222913474808_4271860517976408064_n.jpg

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
On the main board the COVID-19 discussion is centering mainly on how people aren't going to be told what to do and will keep going out since this is a massive hyped up media overreaction and it's not actually a big deal

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
On the main board the COVID-19 discussion is centering mainly on how people aren't going to be told what to do and will keep going out since this is a massive hyped up media overreaction and it's not actually a big deal

I thought so too at first, but as someone mentioned the NBA and NHL shutting things down seemed like enough of a sign it was more than that.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The wildcard to this is that people can relapse and get it again. I've read at least two people who first tested positive, then negative, became positive again.
This bothers me more than anything. There is one person in China who actually died after reinfection.

I'm really hoping this is a case of not entirely being cleared of the virus when testing negative. Because if reinfection is a very likely possibility, then what possible benefit would a vaccine have?

Cause even if this virus goes dormant in the body and then reappears, the antibodies made when the virus first appeared shouldn't allow a second infection. Doctors are saying in these reinfections, that the anti-bodies are temporary, which shouldn't be the case.

They better get on to studying what's going on here.

Last edited:

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Good read: Newsweek article "YOUNG AND UNAFRAID OF THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC? GOOD FOR YOU. NOW STOP KILLING PEOPLE"

Young and unafraid of the coronavirus? Good for you. Now stop killing people | Opinion

"The real-life versions of this behavior are pretending this is just a flu; keeping schools open; following through with your holiday travel plans, and going into the office daily. This is what we did in Italy. We were so complacent that even when people with coronavirus symptoms started turning up, we wrote each off as a nasty case of the flu. We kept the economy going, pointed fingers at China and urged tourists to keep traveling. And the majority of us told ourselves and each other: this isn't so bad. We're young, we're fit, we'll be fine even if we catch it.
Fast-forward two months, and we are drowning. Statistically speaking—judging by the curve in China—we are not even at the peak yet, but our fatality rate is at over 6 percent, double the known global average."

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Every major sporting competition has willingly shut down, costing them all millions upon millions of dollars. If that's not gonna convince people it's serious, I don't know what will.

In all honesty this was the day that really shook me awake. The amount of money lost to shut down i mean if this doesn’t tell u how serious this is I don’t know what would.

a lot changed very quickly for me in the last few days.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You guys sharing some of the somber points here are not doing anything wrong but it's probably best for me to stay away from this thread or I'll drive myself crazy. Of course, knowing me I'll be back. But that's what's best, haha. I wish you guys shared more positive developments like we have in the main forum just to balance things out and keep people from going insane.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wow main boards being crap who could have ever thought about that on HF? ;)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In all honesty this was the day that really shook me awake. The amount of money lost to shut down i mean if this doesn’t tell u how serious this is I don’t know what would.

a lot changed very quickly for me in the last few days.

I was on a date a week ago today and the girl had purell because of the virus and I told her how I haven't even been thinking about it. As I've mentioned a number of times I thought it was overblown by the media but Wednesday changed everything. Some people still think it was overblown by the media.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, people thinking this is overblown hysteria by the media is not entirely on the people. You can only cry wolf so many times before you lose all credibility.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I thought so too at first, but as someone mentioned the NBA and NHL shutting things down seemed like enough of a sign it was more than that.
Me as well, I suppose facts are facts. Originally thought quite the overreaction, and living in Florida where we deal with hurricanes seasonally........reminded me of such. Difference is the PANIC isnt/wasnt quite the same. THIS, is picking up steam, whereas Hurricanes are more immediate panic.

Media has everything to do with the state of PANIC, but I suppose awareness is essential......and that IS the job of being associated with the NEWS teams, reporters.....everyone involved.

Used to be you just got the "info" from the TV, but now......need I say more? I preface with I know lives are in danger, but.......

My question is.......what in the heck am I supposed to do with my life now? With.....

NO Sports whatsoever? No Rangers, (OMG) No Metsies, just as bad (immediate)
No Jets (future).......well, that might be such a bad thing. Help Me, Help us all!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Me as well, I suppose facts are facts. Originally thought quite the overreaction, and living in Florida where we deal with hurricanes seasonally........reminded me of such. Difference is the PANIC isnt/wasnt quite the same. THIS, is picking up steam, whereas Hurricanes are more immediate panic.

Media has everything to do with the state of PANIC, but I suppose awareness is essential......and that IS the job of being associated with the NEWS teams, reporters.....everyone involved.

Used to be you just got the "info" from the TV, but now......need I say more? I preface with I know lives are in danger, but.......

My question is.......what in the heck am I supposed to do with my life now? With.....

NO Sports whatsoever? No Rangers, (OMG) No Metsies, just as bad (immediate)
No Jets (future).......well, that might be such a bad thing. Help Me, Help us all!

Interestingly enough I watched News 12 Brooklyn and it was a lot calmer than what you read online. It actually calmed me down. All things considered 200 or so confirmed cases in NYC, I know there are a lot more who haven't tested but seeing that put my mind at ease a bit. Not like it's a million. And they even said the growth is in part due to more testing being available. Local news seems to be still solid. They also don't get into the political hysteria either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->