OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The federal government and states should have locked the country down in February. They had all the data, they were warned as far back as 2017, they chose not to. People are idiots, for sure. But there was no plan at the federal level. The fish rots from the head down.

I live right across the river from NYC. Practically everyone works there. We were the first city to ban gatherings, enact a curfew, close bars and stop dine in eating at restaurants, thanks to our mayor, city council and police chief. People bitched and pushed things, but a lot of people took it serious. Their actions slowed the spread here and saved lives.

Have you ever looked at the resume of some of these Mayors, First Selectmen, etc? Even Governors. There isn’t much there yet they are empowered to do exactly what your Mayor did. I live in CT. Board members hanging with the First Selectman didn’t want to close the schools b/c they wanted to be leaders and not followers. :huh:

Cuomo is the Governor of NY. He overestimated the number of ventilators he needs and really has no idea how many he will need.

Georgia’ Political headache apparently just discovered the virus was transferable. They celebrated St Patrick’s Day with parades while NY was in meltdown mode

Mardi Gras went on like it was just another Spring

Spring break in FLA didn’t miss a beat for a few weeks and I’m not sure if half of Miami understands why stores are closed.

Had the top of the food chain shut down the Country in Feb, guess what would have happened? Our Political airheads would have been 24/7 guests with our media whores to bash the Head and label it as panic. Preaching about hurting people’s lives, etc and reinforcing the selfish, egotistical, fake news narrative that doesn’t give a (blank) about people b/c it’s all about selfish Political gain and ratings.

There was no way to do this correctly. We have 327 million people and a significant percentage are still going about their business and mingling b/c nobody has ever faced something like this. With all the fake news and Political hoopla, who can blame them?

We need a vaccine for this group who would rather starve to death than run out of power on their iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
You have a narrative and you haven’t read my threads.

I've read your posts. There is plenty of blame to go around and you've hit at some good points.

You do seen to go out of your way to not criticise the president, unless I missed it. That's all I'm saying here.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I've read your posts. There is plenty of blame to go around and you've hit at some good points.

You do seen to go out of your way to not criticise the president, unless I missed it. That's all I'm saying here.

The President is not a King and I haven’t mentioned any Politicians by name.

It’s a Country with one guy on top surrounded by Advisors and an army of minds. It’s ridiculous to think he does all this thinking on his own and blame him for everything. He’s made some solid choices based on advisors and sounds like an idiot other times.

Would you rather he take the road of our other egotistical Political figure heads who sit in silence and appear to have gone into hiding b/c they don’t have a clue either? Look around. Where are all the Politicians? They’re hiding and just b/c the head sounds like an idiot at times while making some decisions which are solid doesn’t mean he forgot to waive the Magic Wand to prevent this or should waive that same Magic wand to stop this. Just ask the fella walking down your road who never got the message about social distancing. But hurry with that question, he’s on his way back to the TV so the the media can tell him another story b/c, after all, they’re the only people who really know what’s happening (although their take is in the dirt like their average Nationwide compensation). :thumbu:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
What a co-incidence, biggest hotspot of coronavirus (in the world?) is Corona, Queens, zip 11368

EUmwICaU0AUTTZe

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
What a co-incidence, biggest hotspot of coronavirus (in the world?) is Corona, Queens, zip 11368

EUmwICaU0AUTTZe

While Manhattan is the most dense borough overall, Corona, Queens actually has the most dense neighborhood, with 216,000 residents per square mile.

Interesting find. Based on the population density, should we be surprised?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Have you ever looked at the resume of some of these Mayors, First Selectmen, etc? Even Governors. There isn’t much there yet they are empowered to do exactly what your Mayor did. I live in CT. Board members hanging with the First Selectman didn’t want to close the schools b/c they wanted to be leaders and not followers. :huh:

Cuomo is the Governor of NY. He overestimated the number of ventilators he needs and really has no idea how many he will need.

Georgia’ Political headache apparently just discovered the virus was transferable. They celebrated St Patrick’s Day with parades while NY was in meltdown mode

Spring break in FLA didn’t miss a beat for a few weeks and I’m not sure if half of Miami understands why stores are closed.

Had the top of the food chain shut down the Country in Feb, guess what would have happened? Our Political airheads would have been 24/7 guests with our media whores to bash the Head and label it as panic. Preaching about hurting people’s lives, etc and reinforcing the selfish, egotistical, fake news narrative that doesn’t give a (blank) about people b/c it’s all about selfish Political gain and ratings.

There was no way to do this correctly. We have 327 million people and a significant percentage are still going about their business and mingling b/c nobody has ever faced something like this. With all the fake news and Political hoopla, who can blame them?

We need a vaccine for this group who would rather starve to death than run out of power on their iPhone

All the president had to do was lock everything down in February, tell his cult like followers he was looking out for them and all these lunkhead governors would have followed suit. Instead he put the economy and his re-election above public safety. If he's such a strong leader as he claims (#1 on Facebook!), he could deal with the blowback. But he didn't. And now, all those fools who voted for this guy because "he's not a politician" are living with the results. Pure incompetence.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

Here's the thing. There is a lot of good stuff in this post. But, nothing of what you are saying absolves the president from doing nothing (other than the China travel ban) during the crucial early part of this. This wasn't something that could have been addressed at the state or local levels, the early stages of this come down to the federal level. The president, as the leader of this country, as someone who got intelligence indicating that this could be a disaster, as someone who did almost nothing during the early stages, is the person who is most responsible. Simple as that.

Now, the power has shifted more to the state and local authorities taking over, and they are all going to get blame and praise based on what they do. That is part of the job as elected official.

Placing blame on the people who are showing incapable of handling a crisis is a good thing. We should all be getting a good look at who we don't want handling the next potential crisis and vote accordingly. This has nothing to do with a persons politics, this has everything to do with making sure we have competent people in jobs that most require it during these times.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
All the president had to do was lock everything down in February, tell his cult like followers he was looking out for them and all these lunkhead governors would have followed suit. Instead he put the economy and his re-election above public safety. If he's such a strong leader as he claims (#1 on Facebook!), he could deal with the blowback. But he didn't. And now, all those fools who voted for this guy because "he's not a politician" are living with the results. Pure incompetence.

How do you lock down 327 million people let alone NYC? A city where people live in close proximity and don’t have the space or money to gather months worth of food? People are STILL gathering.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
How do you lock down 327 million people let alone NYC? A city where people live in close proximity and don’t have the space or money to gather months worth of food? People are STILL gathering.

Shut everything down except for grocery stores, pharmacies and whatever else you deem essential. Not saying you have to stay inside 24/7. Of course you'll have people still gathering but you wouldn't have had spring break, mardi gras, st. patrick's day celebrations, church services and people flying on planes all over the country. They're just delaying the inevitable. The country would have been in much better shape today if they acted sooner. Some states would probably already be through this.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Placing blame on the people who are showing incapable of handling a crisis is a good thing. We should all be getting a good look at who we don't want handling the next potential crisis and vote accordingly. This has nothing to do with a persons politics, this has everything to do with making sure we have competent people in jobs that most require it during these times.

Vote accordingly? Vote for who? Which hiding Politician? The opposition in which one in his basement or the one we can’t find? NONE, NOBODY has had ever had to deal with something like this. Meanwhile, the economy, jobs market, etc we’re flying before this. There is zero indication anybody could have handled this.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Shut everything down except for grocery stores, pharmacies and whatever else you deem essential. Not saying you have to stay inside 24/7. Of course you'll have people still gathering but you wouldn't have had spring break, mardi gras, st. patrick's day celebrations, church services and people flying on planes all over the country. They're just delaying the inevitable. The country would have been in much better shape today if they acted sooner. Some states would probably already be through this.

Then it’s not a lockdown if they can go out. The people continue to mingle in crowds. They just gathered to see the Navy Rescue ship days ago despite a lockdown. Think nothing spread? Who do we blame for those idiots? Meanwhile, there was no spring break. Mardi Gras, or St Patrick’s parade in NYC and it’s still exploding while people keep mingling together.

There is NO State that would already be through this. Where does that guesswork come from? This thing just started and you actually think States would have put this behind them? That’s as crazy as thinking the Flu would just stop at the beginning of Flu season.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Vote accordingly? Vote for who? Which hiding Politician? The opposition in which one in his basement or the one we can’t find? NONE, NOBODY has had ever had to deal with something like this. Meanwhile, the economy, jobs market, etc we’re flying before this. There is zero indication anybody could have handled this.

South Korea and Japan handled it way better, not even close really. The thing is, Trump was warned in 2017, he was warned in 2019, he was told was coming and the country was ill prepared. Turns out the "deep-state" is really just a bunch of capable, smart career government officials. Most presidents, republicans or democrats, would lean on professionals and scientists, not their son-in-law.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

Hiding politician? I am no fan of Biden whom I assume you are referring to, but what the hell is he supposed to do? He isn't currently an elected official, he has absolutely no power to do anything.

And the person in the basement is Bernie? Are you implying him working remotely is a bad thing right now?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
South Korea and Japan handled it way better, not even close really. The thing is, Trump was warned in 2017, he was warned in 2019, he was told was coming and the country was ill prepared. Turns out the "deep-state" is really just a bunch of capable, smart career government officials. Most presidents, republicans or democrats, would lean on professionals and scientists, not their son-in-law.

In South Korea, people likely aren’t stupid enough during a lockdown to go stare at a ship and contaminating each other like New Yorkers. I’m sure a different leader would suddenly educate these morons lol

You guys are really reaching with all this blame at the Head while the population still acts comically irresponsible despite fellow Americans dying by the minute.

Reactions: Metranger

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
In South Korea, people likely aren’t stupid enough during a lockdown to go stare at a ship and contaminating each other like New Yorkers. I’m sure a different leader would suddenly educate these morons lol

You guys are really reaching with all this blame at the Head while the population still acts comically irresponsible despite fellow Americans dying by the minute.

You know what else South Koreans weren't stupid enough to do? Not have enough tests.

Last edited:

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

Both of these statements can be true. Trump did a poor job. Some people will always be idiots.

Then it’s not a lockdown if they can go out. The people continue to mingle in crowds. They just gathered to see the Navy Rescue ship days ago despite a lockdown. Think nothing spread? Who do we blame for those idiots? Meanwhile, there was no spring break. Mardi Gras, or St Patrick’s parade in NYC and it’s still exploding while people keep mingling together.

There is NO State that would already be through this. Where does that guesswork come from? This thing just started and you actually think States would have put this behind them? That’s as crazy as thinking the Flu would just stop at the beginning of Flu season.

There is a couple week lag before you see the results of things. Things are still exploding because people are still just coming down with the symptoms when they were at these events.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hiding politician? I am no fan of Biden whom I assume you are referring to, but what the hell is he supposed to do? He isn't currently an elected official, he has absolutely no power to do anything.

And the person in the basement is Bernie? Are you implying him working remotely is a bad thing right now?

I’m sure you are 100% sold a different leader would waive a magic wand so this virus would disappear and all Americans would ask responsibly. Maybe we can line the streets and watch Unicorns fly over rainbows too.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

You know else South Koreans weren't stupid enough to do? Not have enough tests.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I’m sure you are 100% sold a different leader would waive a magic wand so this virus would disappear and all Americans would ask responsibly. Maybe we can line the streets and watch Unicorns fly over rainbows too.

No one is saying this wasnt going to be a problem for America no matter who was in charge. It comes down to scale.

You going with the idea that you can't blame Trump because you have no idea how someone else would do is like saying we might as well have had my almost 4 year old running the show because there is no way to know if she wouldn't have done a better job.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You know else South Koreans weren't stupid enough to do? Not have enough tests.

yes, b/c if everybody had a test then we could really control the behavior of 327 million and miraculously cure them despite no cure. And like the Flu, which is still making the rounds in every State, some States would already be past this Virus right? Lol

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
yes, b/c if everybody had a test then we could really control the behavior of 327 million and miraculously cure them despite no cure. And like the Flu, which is still making the rounds in every State, some States would already be past this Virus right? Lol

I'm starting to get the feeling you have zero idea how this virus works. My mistake. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad