OT: Coronavirus chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Director of National Public Health here has been challenged recently about that...originally he said that we shouldn't wear masks because we don't know how to do it, false sense of security and we'd touch our face too much and repeated all the WHO directions about it...but lately he admitted that infected people should absolutely wear masks.

Problem is not everyone is tested and not everyone is showing symptoms. So in the end everyone should wear masks.

But obviously we just don't have them and we should keep them for the nurses and doctors.

I can understand why they said that BTW, imagine if people ordered masks at the beginning like they acted with toilet paper.

I can't believe how unprepared we were. Countries will change after this, everyone wants to be self-sufficient now.

Sure hope so, but we are a pretty damn stupid species.

Reactions: McMetal

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Director of National Public Health here has been challenged recently about that...originally he said that we shouldn't wear masks because we don't know how to do it, false sense of security and we'd touch our face too much and repeated all the WHO directions about it...but lately he admitted that infected people should absolutely wear masks.

Problem is not everyone is tested and not everyone is showing symptoms. So in the end everyone should wear masks.

But obviously we just don't have them and we should keep them for the nurses and doctors.

I can understand why they said that BTW, imagine if people ordered masks at the beginning like they did with toilet paper.

I can't believe how unprepared we were. Countries will change after this, everyone wants to be self-sufficient now.

Sadly, I doubt it. There will be talk. But nobody is actually going to want to cough up the sort of funding it takes. We’ll go back to shortsighted thinking.

Reactions: CB Joe

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Why was [SARS] wiped out in about a year, while some experts warn that Covid-19 may be around forever? Because SARS usually didn’t become contagious until several days after symptoms appeared. This meant that, as four British infectious disease experts wrote in 2004, “actions taken during this period to isolate or quarantine ill patients can effectively interrupt transmission.” They proposed adding another variable to disease-transmission models: the proportion of transmission occurring prior to symptoms.

Source
hqdefault.jpg

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Why was [SARS] wiped out in about a year, while some experts warn that Covid-19 may be around forever? Because SARS usually didn’t become contagious until several days after symptoms appeared. This meant that, as four British infectious disease experts wrote in 2004, “actions taken during this period to isolate or quarantine ill patients can effectively interrupt transmission.” They proposed adding another variable to disease-transmission models: the proportion of transmission occurring prior to symptoms.

Source
The fact that they didn’t already have that in the models is unbelievable to me. COVID-19 is not the first virus that is contagious before symptoms, right?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Hope everyone is holding up okay. We just got hit with salary cuts today and quite a few good contractors/interns are being let go with a lot of projects getting pushed out super far.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Or maybe history was contrived. As is obvious because the victors write the history anyway. Go ahead and argue that last point and try to look educated.
The victors write a part of the history. I would talk to you about the importance of multiple sources and opposition research but I’m not going to waste my time on it. If fact based, credible sources of information was something you were interested in you wouldn’t have the views you do.

The fact that you think “the victors write the history” is some sort of unassailable statement is probably a strong indication you should put more effort into your own education before you try to talk down to others.

You’re struggling real hard to come off as an arm chair philosopher with a wide open world view, looking down on the rest of us sheeple, and you’re falling short and landing somewhere closer to conspiracy theorist without the back ground knowledge to understand the subject matter blindly drinking the click bait kool-aid.

You probably click on all of the “Ten things western medicine doesn’t want you to know” ads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad