Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I had Pfizer round 2 yesterday. I feel better than after round 1 (just wiped me out with fatigue one night).

arm is less sore....

unsure if I’m now sterile, or being tracked remotely now. ;)

Both! You are also now on the alien's short list for abduction, to be scheduled soon.

My boss just got her 2nd shot of Pfizer, it knocked her out. She said the 1st shot was just mild arm pain. So apparently the reactions are varied re: 1st shot vs 2nd shot.

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
Signed up for J&J on April 12th. It was a cluster trying to get an appointment in Colorado given that it's open to the general public now (though I'm happy the state is in that position). Hopefully between having COVID about a month ago and the J&J shot, I'll be in good shape for a decent amount of time.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have a relative in VA who can only do J&J due to health condition. If anyone has info on how to get that please pass along. Thanks.

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
I have a relative in VA who can only do J&J due to health condition. If anyone has info on how to get that please pass along. Thanks.

Have they signed up through the VDH for an appointment? They basically put you on a list, email you when it's your turn, and some of the options my relatives had were J&J when they got their turn (and it will tell you which vaccine you'll get).

Alternative try vaccinespotter.org - you click the state you want to search in and then it lets you filter by vaccine manufacturer and can show you the pharmacies/etc. that have open appointments. This can basically be a game of luck/persistence and a quick clicker finger.

Good luck!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Have they signed up through the VDH for an appointment? They basically put you on a list, email you when it's your turn, and some of the options my relatives had were J&J when they got their turn (and it will tell you which vaccine you'll get).

Alternative try vaccinespotter.org - you click the state you want to search in and then it lets you filter by vaccine manufacturer and can show you the pharmacies/etc. that have open appointments. This can basically be a game of luck/persistence and a quick clicker finger.

Good luck!

Thanks. I know they're signed up for a lot of sites but still having issues finding J&J. Will pass along.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
My group (2B) in Frederick Cty MD opened up 3/30, got app't for Moderna shot for 4/8 (yay!)

Tracked some stats here and there the past few weeks for Fred County, here's a couple samples:
Frederick County MD.gov stats said:
Fri. March 12:
Vaccinations in Frederick County
1st Dose Given 49,478
2nd Dose Given 27,898
1st Dose% of Population Vaccinated 19.1%
2nd Dose% of Population Vaccinated 10.7%

Confirmed Cases 17,360
Change in Last 24 Hours: +36
Confirmed Deaths 278
Change in Last 24 Hours: +0
7-Day Positivity Rate 3.7%
------------------------------------------------
Sat. April 3:
1st Dose Given 77,613
2nd Dose Given 44,556
Single Dose Given 5,728 (J&J)
Fully Vaccinated 50,284
% of Population Vaccinated 29.9% 1st Dose
% of Population Vaccinated 17.2% 2nd Dose
% of Population Vaccinated 2.2% Single Dose
% of Population Vaccinated 19.4% Fully Vaccinated

Confirmed Cases 18,347
Change in Last 24 Hours: +61
Confirmed Deaths 292
Change in Last 24 Hours: +0
7-Day Positivity Rate 6.2%

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Feeling a bit crappy today. Not sure if it's allergies or the vax. I was really sick for almost a month in Dec 2019 with rona-like symptoms so wondering if I had it now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I got J&J on March 26 and I was in rough shape for about two days. Got the shot in the morning and by 6:00pm or so I felt like the flu was coming on. Definitely had a fever that night and kept alternating between being freezing cold and burning up so I slept like ass (and had some crazy f***ing dreams too). On Sunday I felt tired and a little achy until the afternoon.

I’ve honestly felt a little funky since I got the shot but I think it’s allergies being worse this year than any I can remember more so than any reaction to the shot.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2021-4-7_14-44-31.png

Seems a little jump-scare, tho. TBH 7 out of 8 covid patients NOT having depression or anxiety afterwards seems HIGH.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Woo hoo! Getting my first jab on Friday.
Haha on Jab. That is how the brits role. First time i heard it, I was like what?

Had first shot of moderna last thursday. Had super sore arm and then 24 hours later was extremely wiped out and then fine. Second shot in early may.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Haha on Jab. That is how the brits role. First time i heard it, I was like what?

Had first shot of moderna last thursday. Had super sore arm and then 24 hours later was extremely wiped out and then fine. Second shot in early may.
Ditto on early May. Gonna probably screw up my birthday, but whatever.

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
Got J&J early yesterday afternoon. The woman told me since I had covid itself like 6 weeks ago and take weekly allergy shots I’m in for a tough ride for a couple of days. She wasn’t wrong, my back is killing me this morning. I also had hot flashes and chills alternating last night. Reminds me of one of my favorite movies (walk hard) when Dewey is in rehab and they say “he needs more blankets and less blankets.”

I love that movie. For anyone who’s on the fence, the side effects suck for me but covid itself was a whole lot less fun and it took about a month to feel normal. I’m in my early 30s and otherwise healthy.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Lots of headlines today about the Pfizer vaccine being less effective vs the SA and UK variants. The headlines say things like "SA or UK variant may 'break through' Pfizer vaccine" which sounds a little dramatic. Seems like its a handful of percentage points less effective (vs the original variants), but likely still highly effective overall.

Here's one article. Plenty of others for those who do their own googling.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Lots of headlines today about the Pfizer vaccine being less effective vs the SA and UK variants. The headlines say things like "SA or UK variant may 'break through' Pfizer vaccine" which sounds a little dramatic. Seems like its a handful of percentage points less effective (vs the original variants), but likely still highly effective overall.

Here's one article. Plenty of others for those who do their own googling.
Ah... who doesn’t love a good scare headline?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ah... who doesn’t love a good scare headline?

With the Tweeter in Chief no longer stirring the pot EVERY f***ING DAY the press needs something to drum up business. So jump-scare COVID headlines are the new hotness.

Reactions: Calicaps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon and I feel like I got hit by a ton of bricks today. Fever of 101.2 degrees, headache, body ache, chills, and just feeling out of it.

Still beats contracting and spreading Coronavirus disease 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad