Coronavirus and the Washington Capitals Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Did anyone take the survey from the Caps asking if/when we would be comfortable going to a game in person?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I got the J&J shot today through work. I’ll update with side effects as they come just as an FYI to those of you eager to get a vaccine. So far just a sore arm.
Arm more tender now then sore. Had some drowsiness yesterday evening but now 24 hours later just a tender to the touch arm.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I've heard from family that the vax with a 2nd shot has that fever/flu-like reaction for 1-3 days for many, but even when that passes you can feel a bit off for a week or so. fwiw. Not sure about the J&J

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I've heard from family that the vax with a 2nd shot has that fever/flu-like reaction for 1-3 days for many, but even when that passes you can feel a bit off for a week or so. fwiw. Not sure about the J&J

My wife and her co-workers all had varying degrees of minor symptoms after the 2nd also.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Morning of day 3 after getting the J&J shot and I feel pretty good. Slept 9 hours last night. Arm tender to the touch but I don’t feel anything when I move my arm. That was not the case yesterday.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

The past year has gone by faster then I expected being locked down in my house for most of it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
MD finally opening up Phase 2 next week but in stages. Full access by April 27th. Hogan announced today.

Also related to our discussion a month ago regarding the origin:

WHO thinks it knows where COVID-19 originated

upload_2021-3-18_19-17-18.png

This seems to explain the motive for covering up some of the details. They didn't want their farming project implicated. Not some nefarious lab escape.

edit: The farms were a 70 billion dollar industry, but they eventually just had all the animals destroyed to prevent spread of diseases...right about the time it started to spread here. Plus there's a genetic trail. Seems like a very good sign they knew exactly what happened and their evasiveness was political and economic damage control. Also checks off the box for an Occam's Razor explanation.

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yes that will be it. Nothing nefarious at all. There is no way China would lie, deceive, or do anything sinister.

Also, the moon landings were faked. Brooklyn Bridge is for sale, and Bill Gates isn't vaccinating children in Africa, he's sterilising them.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes that will be it. Nothing nefarious at all. There is no way China would lie, deceive, or do anything sinister.

Also, the moon landings were faked. Brooklyn Bridge is for sale, and Bill Gates isn't vaccinating children in Africa, he's sterilising them.

This is the assessment of the WHO based on evidence they gathered, not the word of the Chines govt. Read the story.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
This is the assessment of the WHO based on evidence they gathered, not the word of the Chines govt. Read the story.

And last year it was openly stated by the govt's of a number of countries that the WHO is a puppet of China and cannot be relied upon to provide a trustworthy / unbiased investigation into the origins of COVID in China

And even if the WHO could be trusted, China has had almost a year to come up with all kinds of "evidence" and sources etc. It is - in my humble opinion - impossible to know what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to anything that happens in China.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And last year it was openly stated by the govt's of a number of countries that the WHO is a puppet of China and cannot be relied upon to provide a trustworthy / unbiased investigation into the origins of COVID in China

And even if the WHO could be trusted, China has had almost a year to come up with all kinds of "evidence" and sources etc. It is - in my humble opinion - impossible to know what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to anything that happens in China.

WHO is a puppet of China? Source, plz

It seems like you just don't trust anyone, except maybe whoever is telling you these things.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
WHO is a puppet of China? Source, plz

It seems like you just don't trust anyone, except maybe whoever is telling you these things.

Well I tried to reply but I got modded. I'm not going to provide sources. You can search it out on the interwebz if you care to.

It's okay to question the integrity and honesty of governments - in fact I'd suggest it's important to do so. It has nothing to do with "not trusting anyone".
There are way, way more important and well known people on this planet who have doubts and concerns about a particular nation where COVID originated.

It's not really possible to have a proper discussion about this because I can't even speak openly or freely on the subject. Which in itself is somewhat ironic given the subject matter.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well I tried to reply but I got modded. I'm not going to provide sources. You can search it out on the interwebz if you care to.

It's okay to question the integrity and honesty of governments - in fact I'd suggest it's important to do so. It has nothing to do with "not trusting anyone".
There are way, way more important and well known people on this planet who have doubts and concerns about a particular nation where COVID originated.

It's not really possible to have a proper discussion about this because I can't even speak openly or freely on the subject. Which in itself is somewhat ironic given the subject matter.

The main source for "WHO is a puppet of China" is the former President and we've already discussed his stance on that.

If you have a reliable source that shows leaders of allied nations calling WHO a puppet of China, with evidence supporting that claim, then please post it or PM it.

Otherwise all I'm seeing is dangerous propaganda and conspiracy theories about a global organization we've been part of for 70 years.

edit: and think about it....if the WHO was a "puppet of China" (quote from Trump) then why would they come to the conclusion that the Chinese government was trying to cover up the possible source, which was the government's own 70 billion dollar farming program that employed millions of people? Wouldn't they just say "it was just random bat mutations in the market, end of story"?

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

It's true. You cannot speak freely on political matters here on HF. Why? Because we're a HOCKEY FORUM. I frankly don't see the irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad