Coronavirus and the Washington Capitals Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Far from it...completely 180 from that for me. What do I have to be angry about when I’m right? I’ve been giggling for 2 days enjoying Goon doing the heavy lifting admirably IMO.
Being “right”? About what, exactly? How is anyone “right” in this discussion?

My approach was wrong last couple of days, but I still firmly believe in everything I said. I just should have done so in an easier manner.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Far from it...completely 180 from that for me. What do I have to be angry about when I’m right? I’ve been giggling for 2 days enjoying Goon doing the heavy lifting admirably IMO.

Yesh you're not actually right about anything, you just have your opinions and when others have different opinions, you make it personal. Quality approach... giggle on!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ok. Clearly. But think about whether or not anyone is using SA or UK variants in a derogatory or accusational sense. Or if only one side is saying it. That's not opinion.
I think the entire sensitivity towards the China piece was only because of the need to push back against the person that was driving it.

Regardless, COVID *did* derive from there, as these other strains derived where they did. It’s all the same, and that’s where my perspective is coming from. I don’t blame any of the areas where each is coming from. BUT, it’s not an incorrect comment to their genesis.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think the entire sensitivity towards the China piece was only because of the need to push back against the person that was driving it.

Regardless, COVID *did* derive from there, as these other strains derived where they did. It’s all the same, and that’s where my perspective is coming from. I don’t blame any of the areas where each is coming from. BUT, it’s not an incorrect comment to their genesis.

So Trump was a victim here? And the only problem or difference is that people didn't like Trump?

I've twice laid out the case why that's not true, so yeah, disagreeing strongly. If Hillary or Biden or anyone else had said the same things there would be just as much backlash, imo. But they wouldn't have so moot point.

Trump even told his followers to NOT call it "Coronavirus", but use "China Virus" instead. Is that going on with the variants? He also insisted on using that name in order to tell Americans the spread at home was not their fault (and by extension, not his fault or responsibility...which he even stated when he famously took no responsibility).

Donald Trump: It's 'China virus', not coronavirus which sounds like 'beautiful place' in Italy says trump | World News - Times of India

upload_2021-2-14_14-39-47.png

This is not merely some pedantic naming convention. It's a political deflection and branding of the pandemic to avoid backlash, and hang any failure at home (or within the administration) on China.

Trump on ‘Chinese virus’ label: ‘It’s not racist at all’

upload_2021-2-14_14-42-20.png

Don't you think it's ODD that Trump stopped saying "coronavirus" and changed to this "Chinese Virus" narrative when the stock market crashed?

Really really odd. So odd.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-14_14-39-35.png
    upload_2021-2-14_14-39-35.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 1

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So Trump was a victim here? And the only problem or difference is that people didn't like Trump?

I've twice laid out the case why that's not true, so yeah, disagreeing strongly. If Hillary or Biden or anyone else had said the same things there would be just as much backlash, imo. But they wouldn't have so moot point.

Trump even told his followers to NOT call it "Coronavirus", but use "China Virus" instead. Is that going on with the variants? He also insisted on using that name in order to tell Americans the spread at home was not their fault (and by extension, not his fault or responsibility...which he even stated when he famously took no responsibility).

Donald Trump: It's 'China virus', not coronavirus which sounds like 'beautiful place' in Italy says trump | World News - Times of India

View attachment 396314

This is not merely some pedantic naming convention. It's a political deflection and branding of the pandemic to avoid backlash, and hang any failure at home (or within the administration) on China.

Trump on ‘Chinese virus’ label: ‘It’s not racist at all’

View attachment 396315

Don't you think it's ODD that Trump stopped saying "coronavirus" and changed to this "Chinese Virus" narrative when the stock market crashed?

Really really odd. So odd.
LOL. Where did I EVER say Trump was a victim?

I can’t even go beyond that comment. Come on, man. That’s just silly

Reactions: Eirikrautha

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
LOL. Where did I EVER say Trump was a victim?

I can’t even go beyond that comment. Come on, man. That’s just silly

Ok so he's responsible for his words, then. That's fine.

You should read beyond the first sentence because it may cause you to consider the other side of this.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
LAST WARNING.. DROP THE POLITICAL COMMENTARY (INCLUDING DISCUSSIONS OF REGONAL DISTINCTIONS/CANCEL CULTURE/WHATEVER THE f***) AND PERSONAL BULLSHIT OR THE THREAD GETS THE AXE!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
LAST WARNING.. DROP THE POLITICAL COMMENTARY (INCLUDING DISCUSSIONS OF REGONAL DISTINCTIONS/CANCEL CULTURE/WHATEVER THE f***) AND PERSONAL BULLSHIT OR THE THREAD GETS THE AXE!
It should be the Axe anyway. We obv can’t discuss this without it turning into a pissing contest filled w emotion and false rhetoric. People are reading what they want to read, and doing so in bully ways.

I include myself in that, before anyone states otherwise.

Reactions: Ajax1995

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And apologies to our great mods for dragging on the political commentary, I know the rules well enough (lol) and know we should just report instead of responding, but I think the stakes are too high to allow some things to go unchallenged.

But going to try and reel it in. For the greater good.

upload_2021-2-14_19-14-35.jpeg

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

13 separate strains identified in Wuhan in Dec ‘19.

Not surprising since we've known for months that it was likely in the US at that time already.

U.S. Covid Cases Found as Early as December 2019, Says Study

The timeline of emergence probably shifts back a few months, possibly October by some reports. I would guess even earlier in weaker variants that affected at-risk humans before further mutations produced the strain that started the exponential spread.

upload_2021-2-14_21-27-55.png

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I don’t believe it’s a diabolical conspiracy by China to release COVID on the world. I do believe it is possible it was being researched in a lab, a technician got infected and that’s how this whole mess started.

I also recently watched a Frontline episode on COVID about how China botched warning the world about COVID like China did with SARS 10 or so years ago.

Pfft that's a kind way of describing it. More likely they neglected to warn the world because OMG not losing face is SO much more important than admitting a mistake was made. 2.5 million deaths later, but hey, at least they didn't lose face....

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m over this. China f***ed the world over. They just did. I don’t care to argue my opinion. It’s mine and I own it.

I’m also over fighting about this issue. I’m going to do what I’m going to do, and everyone else should do the same. I have no issues w that.

Nobody here has been defending China. But their negligence in handling the situation isn't license to just do whatever after the fact, and then blame China.

If it's ever found they manufactured the virus then yeah, go ahead and blame them. But right now there is ZERO evidence of that. None.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like there won’t be evidence if China has a say...lol...
Of course not. They are at levels of deceit that are only eclipsed by Russia.

and thinking China f***ed this whole thing up has zero to do with what happened thereafter. Not sure why anyone would assume I was making that conclusion. They are mutually exclusive.

However, the root problem in all of this seems to be China, not only with it seemingly starting there, but also with their gross negligence is alerting the world, and also in their own reporting of the severity (3300 dead when we had like 100,000 at the same time is an absolute lie), which had a similar type impact as the US governmental response in soft pedaling the true concerns. Both were horrible and attributed to thousands and thousands of extra deaths.

Again, the Chinese government completely screwed the world, and it’s not talked about enough. What happened after is not relevant to that part of the saga that is COVID

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad