Coronavirus and the Washington Capitals Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon and I feel like I got hit by a ton of bricks today. Fever of 101.2 degrees, headache, body ache, chills, and just feeling out of it.

Still beats contracting and spreading Coronavirus disease 2019!
Really not looking forward to that... except for the part where it means immunity! Feel better soon.

Reactions: twabby

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Saw that earlier. And the coach is repeating the NFL company line about "respecting positions" on vaccination.

This to me is insane. The inability to force people to get vaccinated doesn't mean we have to also acknowledge their ridiculous, unfounded, unscientific "positions" which are often based on disinformation or conspiracy theories masquerading as "rights" or "concerns".

NFL coaches are being diplomatic about it, hoping the difference in precautions will encourage resistors to get the damn shot, but IMO the shift in narrative sets a dangerous precedent culturally by leaning toward accepting antivax in general.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I bet Beasley doesn't have the same concerns about the flu, smallpox, or measles vaccines. Bet he doesn't complain about kids needing those vaccines in order to attend school. I wonder why it is that he's only making a scene about the Covid vaccine, real hard to put a finger on it.

Reactions: g00n

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don’t understand why people are making a big deal about this. My body my choice applies to men as well. If you are vaccinated why do you care if someone isn’t?

Long post alert. Aside from the obvious hypocrisy on a political and moral level where many of the people not getting vaccinated are among the same segments of the population that don't actually support my body my choice for women? Many reasons.
  1. The unvaccinated are an outsized burden on the healthcare system -- they take up hospital beds unnecessarily and they cost taxpayers money.
  2. Vaccines and getting to a certain tipping point where most of the population is vaccinated help protect against viruses mutating. If a large portion of the population doesn't get vaccinated then there's more of an opportunity for this thing to mutate and spread again.
  3. Outbreaks are still possible if a large portion of the population stays unvaccinated. Vaccines are not 100% effective against anything but the more people who get vaccinated the more this thing gets driven into the ground and cases plummet. Allso, we'll need to get boosters for the Covid vaccine at some point -- what happens to those who think they're protected but they're actually not and they're exposed to someone with Covid?
  4. The vaccine efficacy rates are largely based on hospitalization and death prevention rates -- you can still get sick if you get Covid and we don't yet know enough about long-term effects and the vaccine to say those who are vaccinated are not at risk for long-term symptoms if they get sick.
And Beasley isn't worried about the science of vaccines. He's spouting the same dumb ass reasoning as Sweat where he's not sick so he doesn't need to be treated for it -- he actually said, "I'm not going to take meds for a leg that isn't broken." And sure, I guess it's his choice but we live in a society where we do things to keep others safe -- it's why kids are required to be immunized before they go to school. His comments show a complete lack of understanding of how vaccines work and his attitude of "my life I'll do what I want" shows a blatant disregard for the well-being of his community.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don’t understand why people are making a big deal about this. My body my choice applies to men as well. If you are vaccinated why do you care if someone isn’t?

Because it's flat Earth bullshit pushed by domestic political operatives and foreign disinformation-peddling agencies, and belies an ignorant selfishness that risks the lives of many more people than yourself.

If you can somehow keep COVID strictly inside your body then "my body my choice" might apply.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA

People are calling him out cause he’s bitching and complaining about the restrictions on non-vaccinated players. He can man up and live with the restrictions or get vaccinated like every other responsible citizen. He’s not special and it’s blatantly obvious that he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Because it's flat Earth bullshit pushed by domestic political operatives and foreign disinformation-peddling agencies, and belies an ignorant selfishness that risks the lives of many more people than yourself.

If you can somehow keep COVID strictly inside your body then "my body my choice" might apply.
But there are people who have bad physical reactions to the shots that are not being reported or tracked. I am one of them. There’s no “specific link” to prove it either way, but it’s not hard to draw fault and logical conclusions around it.

listen, I’m not at all advocating for people to not get the vaccine. But knowing what I do know about what happened to me, I fully grasp now why some people (anyone, not specifically NFL players) want to be cautious.

it’s really unfair to try and walk in someone else’s shoes, when you haven’t. If people need to do that, then lose the right to feel unfairly criticized about something that’s a personal choice.

until we have a LOT more time spent to look at people post vaccine, and judge any and all pluses and minuses — there will be skeptics. Logically so.

PS — those around me are now rethinking the vaccine. Including my wife. I pressed her to get it anyway. And she did. For our kids. If they weren’t part of the equation, I get she wouldn’t have. My 2 cents.

PPS — I discussed my reaction in another thread. It’s NOT the often discussed “flu like or feeling shitty for 48hrs” that I’m talking about. That was expected. This was something else altogether and far worse

Last edited:
Reactions: Jags and twabby

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Nope.

Vaccines ordinarily go through years of trials for a reason.

There are recent data that suggests the vaccines' spike proteins travel throughout the body and locate in ovaries and bone marrow.

This isn't standard.

There will be long-term side effects.

A healthy adult has an extremely low chance of dying from Coronavirus and absolutely has a right to make a calculus for himself and his family what's best.

Then there's the fact that the virus itself was almost certainly modified in a lab in a totalitarian country.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But there are people who have bad physical reactions to the shots that are not being reported or tracked. I am one of them. There’s no “specific link” to prove it either way, but it’s not hard to draw fault and logical conclusions around it.

listen, I’m not at all advocating for people to not get the vaccine. But knowing what I do know about what happened to me, I fully grasp now why some people (anyone, not specifically NFL players) want to be cautious.

it’s really unfair to try and walk in someone else’s shoes, when you haven’t. If people need to do that, then lose the right to feel unfairly criticized about something that’s a personal choice.

until we have a LOT more time spent to look at people post vaccine, and judge any and all pluses and minuses — there will be skeptics. Logically so.

PS — those around me are now rethinking the vaccine. Including my wife. I pressed her to get it anyway. And she did. For our kids. If they weren’t part of the equation, I get she wouldn’t have. My 2 cents.

I understand that perspective but with all due respect it's 100% wrong. I also had a "reaction" after the 2nd Moderna shot that may or may not be linked, since I had a LOT of other stressors physically and mentally at the time that may have triggered it. I got shingles on my head, face, and in my eye that I'm still getting over. I could have lost my sight in one eye. It was likely manifested as my immune system was vulnerable and I was stressed beyond belief for other reasons.

BUT I WOULD 100% DO IT AGAIN BECAUSE IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF COVID.

It's even possible that the stress of having COVID might have triggered the same reaction, especially if the vaccine is milder than the disease. You might have had to go through the same thing. And experts are saying vaccination is better than "natural immunity" so those who've had covid should still get the shot.

Even the worst side effects of the vaccines, as rare as they are, ARE STILL BETTER THAN COVID which is MUCH more likely to create unknown and long-term effects. We already see "long term covid" cases all over the place but there's NO evidence of anything like that for the vaccines.

This is not "my body, my choice" in the same sense as the slogan, which is VERY SPECIFIC to reproductive rights and not the sum of the argument or issue. What women go through with the risks of pregnancy, abortion (legal or illegal), and just everything associated with raising "unwanted" kids goes FAR beyond the known and likely consequences of vaccination.

The skepticism is coming from political avenues and kooks. It is NOT grounded in science. Just because this is a newer technology doesn't mean it's only been developed or "rushed", which is part of the talking points from political/disruptive sources at home and abroad.

Nobody has died from the vaccine, it's INCREDIBLY effective as evidenced by the plummeting positivity stats in states that have high vaccination rates like Maryland.

People who have "concern" about the vaccine need to stop being wimps, Stfu, and just get vaccinated.

These idiots need to stop acting selfish thinking "freedom" has no responsibility to the greater whole, or that their obligation to the country they patriotically cheer for is a one-way street. Want to help America and be a good patriot? Be an adult and get your shot.

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
People are calling him out cause he’s bitching and complaining about the restrictions on non-vaccinated players. He can man up and live with the restrictions or get vaccinated like every other responsible citizen. He’s not special and it’s blatantly obvious that he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Are these the same "responsible citizens" who were sheepishly accusing everyone who mentioned Lab Leak of being conspiracy theory a year ago?

:popcorn::laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nope.

Vaccines ordinarily go through years of trials for a reason.

There are recent data that suggests the vaccines' spike proteins travel throughout the body and locate in ovaries and bone marrow.

This isn't standard.

There will be long-term side effects.

A healthy adult has an extremely low chance of dying from Coronavirus and absolutely has a right to make a calculus for himself and his family what's best.

Then there's the fact that the virus itself was almost certainly modified in a lab in a totalitarian country.

Laughably bad. Turn off Fox News and the bullshit conspiracy videos on youtube.

COVID vaccines don’t harm ovaries and neither does virus, Jerusalem doctors find

Less than a year to develop a COVID vaccine – here's why you shouldn't be alarmed

You are being manipulated. Hundreds of millions of vaccine doses have been administered and the doomsday bullshit has not manifested because it's disinformation.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Are these the same "responsible citizens" who were sheepishly accusing everyone who mentioned Lab Leak of being conspiracy theory a year ago?

:popcorn::laugh:

You realize that Trump's former FDA head is the one pushing that whole thing, right? And that's how the story got back in the news recently? There is no proof of a "lab leak" other than a few people who worked at the lab had seasonal flu symptoms at the same time as the seasonal flu. Woooo.

Even if it was leaked from a lab, what difference does that make wrt the vaccine question? And why would any country unleash a disease without having the cure first?

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I understand that perspective but with all due respect it's 100% wrong. I also had a "reaction" after the 2nd Moderna shot that may or may not be linked, since I had a LOT of other stressors physically and mentally at the time that may have triggered it. I got shingles on my head, face, and in my eye that I'm still getting over. I could have lost my sight in one eye. It was likely manifested as my immune system was vulnerable and I was stressed beyond belief for other reasons.

BUT I WOULD 100% DO IT AGAIN BECAUSE IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF COVID.

It's even possible that the stress of having COVID might have triggered the same reaction, especially if the vaccine is milder than the disease. You might have had to go through the same thing. And experts are saying vaccination is better than "natural immunity" so those who've had covid should still get the shot.

Even the worst side effects of the vaccines, as rare as they are, ARE STILL BETTER THAN COVID which is MUCH more likely to create unknown and long-term effects. We already see "long term covid" cases all over the place but there's evidence of anything like that for the vaccines.

This is not "my body, my choice" in the same sense as the slogan, which is VERY SPECIFIC to reproductive rights and not the sum of the argument or issue. What women go through with the risks of pregnancy, abortion (legal or illegal), and just everything associated with raising "unwanted" kids goes FAR beyond the known and likely consequences of vaccination.

The skepticism is coming from political avenues and kooks. It is NOT grounded in science. Just because this is a newer technology doesn't mean it's only been developed or "rushed", which is part of the talking points from political/disruptive sources at home and abroad.

Nobody has died from the vaccine, it's INCREDIBLY effective as evidenced by the plummeting positivity stats in states that have high vaccination rates like Maryland.

People who have "concern" about the vaccine need to stop being wimps, Stfu, and just get vaccinated.

These idiots need to stop acting selfish thinking "freedom" has no responsibility to the greater whole, or the country that people patriotically parade about as some kind of shield against criticism. Want to help America and be a good patriot? Be an adult and get your shot.

I am sorry you went thru that. I’ve got Grover’s disease 4 days after my first shot. I’m fully capable of realizing that I prob had it anyway. But that the shot brought it out. Akin to your situation. AutoImmune vaccine brought out an autoimmune disease for me. And I already had an autoimmune comprised system (Lymphoma). So it’s a recipe.

were I 35 with no kids, and had just beaten Lymphoma, like before — would I get the vaccine? Arguably not.

nothing is 100% right or wrong when it comes to discussion like this man, ever. Saying so shows a patent unwillingness to attempt to understand the other side. Very “partisan”, in this context.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I am sorry you went thru that. I’ve got Grover’s disease 4 days after my first shot. I’m fully capable of realizing that I prob had it anyway. But that the shot brought it out. Akin to your situation. AutoImmune vaccine brought out an autoimmune disease for me. And I already had an autoimmune comprised system (Lymphoma). So it’s a recipe.

were I 35 with no kids, and had just beaten Lymphoma, like before — would I get the vaccine? Arguably not.

nothing is 100% right or wrong when it comes to discussion like this man, ever. Saying so shows a patent unwillingness to attempt to understand the other side. Very “partisan”, in this context.

I don't care how it appears. The stakes are too high and the arguments against getting the shot for anyone who's of-age and not otherwise compromised are unfounded. It 100% reveals ignorance or selfishness to refuse to do one's part. If anything is "partisan" here it's the objections, which are being controlled by very well known political sources. The science and statistics DON'T CARE about the politics. That's what needs to be followed, not artificial FUD being manufactured by disruptors.

I have a relative who's more immune compromised and hypersensitive to everything you can think of, and even she got the J&J, bravely so. Grown ass men in the NFL can sack up and do it, too.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
"He doesn't agree with me, he must be a Trumper who listens to Fox News" is lazy, trite, and reactionary tribal horseshit.

The first article does not address potential long-term effects.

The second article is flatly wrong. There have been many, many people that have had serious health complications from the vaccines.

Weak.

Take care of yourself, and protect the vulnerable and leave everyone else the f*** alone.

Oh please. Get a grip. I don't care about what you think you are, you're still parroting the propaganda.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This will all be deleted for "politics" as expected anyway, so believe what you want but look more carefully at sources of the "concerns" vs the actual statistics and rates of X "side effect" vs expected rate within the population.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The ex-head of the CDC, and many other respected doctors also support it as the most likely theory.

The fact that always comes back to Donald Trump tells me all I need to know.

He's Satan, and everything he says is wrong, and you're fighting the good fight for reason and justice, and excuse me while I puke.

He really mind-f***ed half the country into becoming slathering, knee-jerk partisans.

What "many other respected doctors"? Guest speakers on Fox News? Most in the scientific community don't believe the "bioweapon" or "lab leak" theory.

As for your CDC guy, yes he's another partisan, once again spreading his THEORY that has no proof, on Fox News.

Trump’s CDC Director Doubles Down On Covid-19 ‘Lab-Leak Theory’

Robert R. Redfield - Wikipedia

So by all means pretend like this isn't about Trump or Fox News or politics and you're some brave independent thinker who just happens to believe everything they're telling you.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And again, WHAT DOES IT MATTER when discussing the vaccine??? If it was a "lab leak" then how does that change anything, other than giving some people cover to blame China and deflect responsibility for the horrible response? If it was a lab leak or bioweapon then how stupid was it to just ignore it and say it would "magically go away"?

What long term effects of the vaccine are you afraid of, specifically? Be precise. Because we already know some potential long-term effects of COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->