Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I know, right?... Can you believe the Lions want “a good manager of people and processes, not just picking players”?

:D

Good manager of people? Bring back the Fontes!

7d7b5dad-77ee-4dc6-bf2f-06fc7f76b4e2-fontes1.jpg

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Friends, take a deep breath and remind yourself this all ends soon.
COVID-19 is slowing down in Michigan... it's slowing slower than in the spring though.
If my seasonal theory friends are right, we're going to see a rebound in March.
Hopefully the vaccines and past infections really cut the next wave down to size...
By May 1, hopefully we're returning to some semblance of normalcy.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I just watched highlights of the Lions vs Cowboys - the last playoff win. I was watching, thinking,who the f*** is the QB? It was Erik Kramer of all people.
Follow Iffy The Dopester (@IffyTheDopester) / Twitter for some great Detroit sports nostalgia.

Erik Kramer, the second best QB the Bears had in the 90s.

I remember feeling so...not disappointed exactly but deflated, I guess, when the Lions got shelled by Washington the next weekend. Sanders was so much fun to watch.

Reactions: MBH

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Erik Kramer, the second best QB the Bears had in the 90s.

I remember feeling so...not disappointed exactly but deflated, I guess, when the Lions got shelled by Washington the next weekend. Sanders was so much fun to watch.
Mark Rypien, Earnest Byner, Art Monk...

Great to use in Techno Bowl.
Not so much fun when they're the hammer and the Lions are the nail.

Reactions: Winger98
Oct 18, 2006
Friends, take a deep breath and remind yourself this all ends soon.
COVID-19 is slowing down in Michigan... it's slowing slower than in the spring though.
If my seasonal theory friends are right, we're going to see a rebound in March.
Hopefully the vaccines and past infections really cut the next wave down to size...
By May 1, hopefully we're returning to some semblance of normalcy.
That’ll happen when we regain logical thinking.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The dutch oven has been re-purposed as a Covid test. If you can still smell and/or taste it, you don't have Covid.
Sounds like a test with limited repeatability. Sooner or later all sense of smell is obliterated, and every result comes back positive.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
eh, 16 years into marriage my wife still knows when it happens......every night

Let me be frank with all of you.. I'm suspicious of those of you that aren't farting in your sleep all night. Where is all your gas going? HMMM? Very sus.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
Let me be frank with all of you.. I'm suspicious of those of you that aren't farting in your sleep all night. Where is all your gas going? HMMM? Very sus.

In my younger siblings/cousins faces?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

The orange safety mesh is sus, we should vote him out.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

This should bring down positive test rates.
For 8-9 months now, I've watched people criticizing the PCR tests get lambasted as conspiracy theorists, banned from twitter and reddit.
And here we are, acknowledging that PCR tests inflate COVID-19 case counts.
This is why case counts rose over the summer as hospitalizations and deaths fell.
The bald face lying of politicians claiming to be about "science" while ignoring the data undermined their credibility. Their "boy who cried wolf" routine may have led to risky behavior when the true second wave came at us this fall/winter.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The bald face lying of politicians claiming to be about "science" while ignoring the data undermined their credibility. Their "boy who cried wolf" routine may have led to risky behavior when the true second wave came at us this fall/winter.

You're so desperate to have some outsider perspective that breaks this wide open, I simply don't get it at this point.

You've pushed all kinds of alternative theories for nearly a year that have had so many holes punched in them. Remember the big T-cells herd immunity we were all experiencing and by fall we'd have got a handle on this? You actually pushed the idea we already had enough latent immunity to curb this thing months and months ago.

Instead deaths have never been worse. Just as everyone else tried to tell you. You're so caught up being a "skeptic" with a tenuous grasp of what you're reading that you bounce from dubious source to dubious source on Twitter looking for that next hit of, "Everyone else is so dumb, I've cracked the real code."

What you're reading above is a way for the WHO to create a protocol for people across the entire f***ing world. There are dozens of different ways PCR assays are run and it's not some universal test kit creating mass false positives like you think. It varies greatly depending on region, lab, and technique. Most false positives are indeed attributed to lab error, not PCR sensitivity or specificity.

And you'd know this had you been paying attention to it in the spring when the rest of us already covered this.

The challenge in front of us is the same as it's ever been. Social distance. Hygiene. Masks. And vaccines. That's it. Until we can stop the surge of people spreading this thing it will fester and cycle through our communities. So either get on board with the above or keep searching through Twitters of guys with Egyptian God avatars telling you how enlightened they are... And you are by association.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
You're so desperate to have some outsider perspective that breaks this wide open, I simply don't get it at this point.

You've pushed all kinds of alternative theories for nearly a year that have had so many holes punched in them. Remember the big T-cells herd immunity we were all experiencing and by fall we'd have got a handle on this? You actually pushed the idea we already had enough latent immunity to curb this thing months and months ago.

Instead deaths have never been worse. Just as everyone else tried to tell you. You're so caught up being a "skeptic" with a tenuous grasp of what you're reading that you bounce from dubious source to dubious source on Twitter looking for that next hit of, "Everyone else is so dumb, I've cracked the real code."

What you're reading above is a way for the WHO to create a protocol for people across the entire f***ing world. There are dozens of different ways PCR assays are run and it's not some universal test kit creating mass false positives like you think. It varies greatly depending on region, lab, and technique. Most false positives are indeed attributed to lab error, not PCR sensitivity or specificity.

And you'd know this had you been paying attention to it in the spring when the rest of us already covered this.

The challenge in front of us is the same as it's ever been. Social distance. Hygiene. Masks. And vaccines. That's it. Until we can stop the surge of people spreading this thing it will fester and cycle through our communities. So either get on board with the above or keep searching through Twitters of guys with Egyptian God avatars telling you how enlightened they are... And you are by association.

The world doesn't need your lectures to know what PCR tests are and why they produce unreliable results.
Right now, and for the last 10 months, PCR tests are catching people who don't have the virus.
So now we're finally wising up to it.

Government officials were telling us things were getting worse, for months and months, when they were actually getting better - and as a result of their idiocy - businesses were shuttered and people were out of work.

All while claiming they "followed science" and were "saving lives."

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The world doesn't need your lectures to know what PCR tests are and why they produce unreliable results.

The fact you think that protocol brief from the WHO reveals anything of significance tells us otherwise.

Government officials were telling us things were getting worse, for months and months, when they were actually getting better

It's hard to imagine having this hardline stance, that things are better, when we are now in the middle of the highest US death totals from COVID since the start of the pandemic.

Nearly 4,500 people will have died today. That's the record. We keep breaking the record.

But yeah, thankfully you're out here giving us the real truth, you rebel skeptic, those idiots like Dr. Fauci are too stupid to see.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Right now, and for the last 10 months, PCR tests are catching people who don't have the virus.
So now we're finally wising up to it.

Government officials were telling us things were getting worse, for months and months, when they were actually getting better - and as a result of their idiocy - businesses were shuttered and people were out of work.

All while claiming they "followed science" and were "saving lives."

Wait a second... WHEN WAS SCIENCE FOLLOWED?

Was it when the director of the CDC was called out onto the carpet and public opinion of them was rankled?
Was it when the US left WHO for some damn fool reason?
Was it when the leader of the free world openly in a press conference floated the idea of injecting disinfectants and his medical personnel sheepishly twitched in their seats?
How about when an immunologist with several decades of experience working on all kinds of different pandemic/endemic diseases was basically forced to kind of thread the needle politically so he didn't get fired?

We lost over 415,000 lives. That's as much as #2 and #3 on the list combined (and #3 on the list is India with 150k deaths compared to 1.4 BILLION people). This is not good nor has it ever been good.

And also, maybe I don't understand statistics here. How exactly is the right part of this chart here better? From Nov 29 to now. How is it better? More people are dying, not less.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 97,309,892 Cases and 2,083,326 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

upload_2021-1-21_0-9-12.png

Listen, it sucks that businesses were shuttered and that people lost their jobs. That is absolutely a huge cost of us going through this. However, this has not been "getting better but its been hidden by the power brokers". It has clearly been getting worse and now we can maybe finally make some progress as we do have a vaccine that is here and ready to produce. If it goes back down now? It's because a whole lot of people globally worked their f***ing asses off to get us a vaccine for it. It's not some mythical shell game. This isn't a "ha ha Conservative people, we got your ass, lol!"

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

If you don't have Anubis as your avatar, I do not care to hear what you have to say.

He's a dog man. It's cool.

Also, I flunk all of my PCR essays. I think my font size is too big for them.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Listen, it sucks that businesses were shuttered and that people lost their jobs. That is absolutely a huge cost of us going through this.

The lockdowns didn't work. So not only do we have record COVID deaths (if you believe the numbers, notice how flu cases fell 95 percent lol) we also have record unemployment and record small business closures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->