Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hey @Winger98 get in here our American football teams are dueling.

Ha! The Bears are a mediocre team, largely because they can't find a GM who has a clue about the offensive side of the ball. Football is a sport I don't really watch much of, instead just following it the next day.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ha! The Bears are a mediocre team, largely because they can't find a GM who has a clue about the offensive side of the ball. Football is a sport I don't really watch much of, instead just following it the next day.

That said, they found a way to 8-8 slide their way into the playoffs. They looked anywhere from average to good tonight, so don't give up hope just yet. They obviously aren't perfect, and are a big underdog in the wildcard going against the Saints, but it's one game and anything can happen.

For some selfish reasons, and because I'm not a huge fan of the Saints, I'll be hoping the Bears pull off the upset.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For some selfish reasons, and because I'm not a huge fan of the Saints, I'll be hoping the Bears pull off the upset.
Rooting against the Saints?!?
And FOR THE BEARS?!?
I feel like I don't even know you anymore...

those-are-fighting.jpg

Reactions: Konnan511

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That said, they found a way to 8-8 slide their way into the playoffs. They looked anywhere from average to good tonight, so don't give up hope just yet. They obviously aren't perfect, and are a big underdog in the wildcard going against the Saints, but it's one game and anything can happen.

On every level but phyiscal, I am the Bears. *Punts*

Also, the Bears continue to be exactly who we thought they were. They're who we thought they were. And we let them off the hook.

Reactions: FabricDetails

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

8-8 and beat 1 team over .500, that team was missing a bunch of players on a short week. Second and third most quality wins, Vikings and Giants.

Tbf I guess the packers beat the same teams (except the bucs) only other really quality wins were Tennessee and NO.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
8-8 and beat 1 team over .500, that team was missing a bunch of players on a short week. Second and third most quality wins, Vikings and Giants.

Tbf I guess the packers beat the same teams (except the bucs) only other really quality wins were Tennessee and NO.

That's every team, though. There's more average to losing teams in your division, because, surprise... you're beating them if you're the winner. If the Packers struggle this year, suddenly the Bears are a winning team posting 10-6.

The Bears still have a deadly defense (at times) and their offense has improved throughout the season. I wouldn't put a single dime on them beating the Saints next week, but football is weird and anything can happen in one game. The Saints are strong, but beatable with many weaknesses. I've seen worse teams pull off bigger upsets, I guess is what I'm saying.

The NFC is wide open this year as I don't see much separation between the Bucs, Saints, Packers, and Seahawks at this point. All have warts but they all have exceptional areas.

In the AFC, it's difficult to bet against the Chiefs again, but the Bills look like a buzzsaw I would not want to face. Although a Packers/Bills Super Bowl would kind of be incredible in terms of small market but hardcore fanbases squaring off.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Maybe. They've already had too good of a season to get a high pick so might as well ruin as many other seasons as they can for teams that are legitimately decent.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I watch every Bears game, that defense isn't nearly as deadly as it once was. Fuller and Jackson are great in their secondary but Eddie Jackson isn't the same player he was with Amos back in the safety position with him. I watched the Packers score on them with ease last night.
First drive - TD 12 plays 64 yards 7:36
Next drive - didn't get a drive because Tavon Austin fumbled
Next drive TD 3 plays 83 yards to MVS
Next drive TD 6 plays 42 yards after a bears fumble
The third quarter was trash, had the 5 play drive to begin it (MVS dropped 55 yard TD pass)
Bears had 2 long drives sandwiching a Packers 3 and out - 11 play 6:50 ending in a FG, 15 play 8:04 turnover on downs.
4th quarter begins and the packers score touchdowns in each of their drives.

So touchdowns on 5 of 7 drives in the game. One of those failed drives being a blatant drop on a TD pass. I'm not scared of the bears defense one bit. Akiem Hicks can't be 100% right now and I think he's the most important player on that entire defense.

I'm glad they made the playoffs, though, slide down that draft board baby.

late edit: I actually follow the bears monday-friday way more than the packers. I listen to a lot of local sports radio, an embarrassing amount especially because I'm not a Bears or Hawks fan (although their hockey talk is at cringe levels). The only packers updates I get are Aaron Rodgers Tuesdays on the Pat McAfee show and when I google injuries for the team on Friday.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Most of the vaccines are focused on the protein spikes. Kind of like why the flying V would never work in hockey. You blast the guy in front and it all collapses.
For the science geeks out there, researchers can now view the protein spikes of a very similar virus in their native state (normal structure without chemical isolation):

Most Realistic View Yet of a Coronavirus Spike's Protein Structure | Lab Manager

(For those not named @Bench or @tsweeney , seeing how all the building blocks of the flying v interact in real time will help with designing the best way to smash it apart.)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Conversation when returning from Target:

Me: I had no idea what to get our daughter for a snack to take to school.
The Wife: You didn't get her cupcakes did you?
Me: ...
The Wife: Did you?
Me: ...not only cup cakes?

:laugh:

You go back for some trail mix?

Reactions: Winger98

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Anyone here ever played Overcooked with family members/friends? Arguments happen fast, hahaha...

"Why is this on the floor?!!"
"Wash the f'n dishes!"
"You're supposed to chop the meat before you throw it!"
"I'm surrounded by idiots!"

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
No Politics folks. We just can't go there on this site in that way. Any posts that are political will be deleted. Instead of responding to posts, please just report them. If you want to talk about recent events, I would encourage you to take conversations to private messages. If you have any questions about moderation of threads/posts, I would encourage you to contact me or one of the other Wings mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad